2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

29 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Been saying it for months, Deebo would get $25M a yr, and I'm good with that, not even worried about Deebo and Nick's extensions.

Id be fine with 25M a year for maybe over 4 years. Anymore money and term id be concerned.

46 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Id be fine with 25M a year for maybe over 4 years. Anymore money and term id be concerned.

When they sign him, it'll be a 5yr extension, like they did with Kittle, & Warner, and will do with Bosa too, not sure why the amount of years is a big deal, those final 2yrs will be years where the money is non guaranteed, and in 2026 & 2027 the cap should have hit $300M.

5 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

When they sign him, it'll be a 5yr extension, like they did with Kittle, & Warner, and will do with Bosa too, not sure why the amount of years is a big deal, those final 2yrs will be years where the money is non guaranteed, and in 2026 & 2027 the cap should have hit $300M.

The amount of years concerns me because Deebo plays like a running back and i worry about his longevity lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Been saying it for months, Deebo would get $25M a yr, and I'm good with that, not even worried about Deebo and Nick's extensions.

I'd like to keep the guarantees within a range where we aren't upside down in year 3, but that's really my only thing. 25M is fine.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

The amount of years concerns me because Deebo plays like a running back and i worry about his longevity lol.

Don't worry about the actual length of the deal. Typically on a 5 year deal, all the real guarantees are long gone after year 3. It's all about the guaranteed money. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't worry about the actual length of the deal. Typically on a 5 year deal, all the real guarantees are long gone after year 3. It's all about the guaranteed money. 

Yepp...

• Like 1

Just now, adamq said:

Yepp...

They did the same thing with Adams. It's basically a year, 23M dollar deal with an option to make it like 2 / 48 or something like that and then everything else is fluff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Did everybody see this? Kind of what I was assuming happened, still nice to see kind of an inside look.

I see this happening, Dr. York, & Kyle will come in, tell Lynch & Paraag, get it done, extend Deebo, and if DeMeco needs to when Bosa is getting extended. I think this shows that the York's aren't cheap, as I've been saying for years, to have Dr. York come in, and say get it done, that means a lot IMO.

31 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I see this happening, Dr. York, & Kyle will come in, tell Lynch & Paraag, get it done, extend Deebo, and if DeMeco needs to when Bosa is getting extended. I think this shows that the York's aren't cheap, as I've been saying for years, to have Dr. York come in, and say get it done, that means a lot IMO.

How much do you think he'd even be involved in these things now though? I think this is Jed's rodeo now. He seems to have a ton of trust in John and Kyle, although I don't think it's out of the question that he would do something like this.