2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Thought Street played decently well in limited time

We've got Kinlaw, Armstead, Hurst, & Givens at DT i believe. Darron Daniels has some promise too. Maybe just add another DT in the 5th-6th round instead of re-signing Street?

I think we re-sign Street. He's just not worth $2.4 mil. I can see us re-signing him for like a 1-yr $850k or $900k deal. Maybe he gets a mil? He's good depth but not good enough to be tendered at the current rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Oh man i hate getting involved in this again lol…..getting assets (maybe) at what cost? losing out on key free agents is asinine to me especially when our Super Bowl window is right now.

Who would you bring in from the FA market? I mean I get that we want to add to this roster to get us over the hump, but I don't think we're going to make any more "big" moves on the FA front at this time. That money that Jimmy is holding back right now would definitely be handy, but we also have Bosa and Deebo coming up and will probably need most of it for that anyway.

If we land a second round pick or whatever it may be, we will have a cost controlled player for four years as opposed to cutting Jimmy and overpaying someone on the FA market. I'm certainly not advocating keeping Jimmy, but I do understand that right now we just need to wait and see what happens with some other guys first. 

p.s. Now that I've made my position on this known, I fully expect something to happen to Jimmy and us to go out and sign a big name FA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Who would you bring in from the FA market? I mean I get that we want to add to this roster to get us over the hump, but I don't think we're going to make any more "big" moves on the FA front at this time. That money that Jimmy is holding back right now would definitely be handy, but we also have Bosa and Deebo coming up and will probably need most of it for that anyway.

If we land a second round pick or whatever it may be, we will have a cost controlled player for four years as opposed to cutting Jimmy and overpaying someone on the FA market. I'm certainly not advocating keeping Jimmy, but I do understand that right now we just need to wait and see what happens with some other guys first. 

p.s. Now that I've made my position on this known, I fully expect something to happen to Jimmy and us to go out and sign a big name FA. 

It's not even about spending big, half our team is a free agent right now lol.

I don't see why the team can't be serious suitors for Jones or Honey Badger or even possibly Miller. The latter may be wishful thinking but you get my point.

Heck, some good OL available that we could potentially bring in. 

Getting rid of 25M or at the very least 18M in cap space along with the current restructures gives us the option to go into any direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not even about spending big, half our team is a free agent right now lol.

I don't see why the team can't be serious suitors for Jones or Honey Badger or even possibly Miller. The latter may be wishful thinking but you get my point.

Heck, some good OL available that we could potentially bring in. 

Getting rid of 25M or at the very least 18M in cap space along with the current restructures gives us the option to go into any direction. 

Yeah I definitely get it. I think we could move some more money around as well. I'd love to find a way to bring in Lorenzo Carter and O.J. Howard, which probably isn't possible in our current situation. 

Jerry Hughes could be a good signing on the edge & wouldnt cost a ton.. he is getting pretty old though

Will honey badger get more than Marcus Williams?

Edited by adamq

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Yeah I definitely get it. I think we could move some more money around as well. I'd love to find a way to bring in Lorenzo Carter and O.J. Howard, which probably isn't possible in our current situation. 

Ha Jay made my point lol…..though the OL is now picked over as it was that i wanted after getting CW.

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Ha Jay made my point lol…..though the OL is now picked over as it was that i wanted after getting CW.

Agreed, I really wanted Daniels who didn't really get much. Shaq Mason would have been another guy I would have had interest in, but now a good deal of the interior guys that were available are now gone. 

58 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I have them $9.067M under before the Ward/Burks deals.

That does make more sense. Restructures should have put us around 14 something? 6 for the Brunsill / Al Shaair tenders. 

• Like 1