2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Raiders made an offer to Gilmore but I wouldn't mind going after him hard on a short-term deal and then have him and Ward on the outside with Moseley in the slot. That would give us a hell of a trio with Thomas being the first corner off the bench should there be an injury.

Probably not realistic though. 

I agree, the AFC contenders (and LA) are loading up, we need to keep up if possible. If needed, pushing money into future years doesn't actually bother me too much b/c of how much the cap will grow.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget that Ryan will be on the move and hurt us in that sense with Jimmy, but I would LOVE if this happened. Watson with Atlanta is good but they will not be the powerhouse that NO would be with him. Fingers crossed this is the move Watson makes! 

If he goes there, hopefully Pitts gets sent to Houston

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

I agree, the AFC contenders (and LA) are loading up, we need to keep up if possible. If needed, pushing money into future years doesn't actually bother me too much b/c of how much the cap will grow.

If he goes there, hopefully Pitts gets sent to Houston

Watson's camp will not agree to that...Watson needs to be able to throw the ball to someone, especially with Ridley being suspended for the season lol.

Ben tweets this off THIS signing? Really? And while Kyle and the FO have certainly had their fair share of misses in free agency and the draft, they have also built one of the best rosters in the league. Only Bosa out of the max players (Deebo/Trent/Kittle/Warner) came from a first round pick. The rest came from being drafted outside the first round and in the case of Trent, being traded for 3rd and 5th rounders. How can Kyle/John be the worst GM's with a roster as this loaded? Make it make sense!!!! No team during the playoffs that we faced out talented us. We won two games and almost a third while facing a QB deficit in every single match up. How can that happen if the rest of the roster is not strong? 

Stop it Ben...............

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ben tweets this off THIS signing? Really? And while Kyle and the FO have certainly had their fair share of misses in free agency and the draft, they have also built one of the best rosters in the league. Only Bosa out of the max players (Deebo/Trent/Kittle/Warner) came from a first round pick. The rest came from being drafted outside the first round and in the case of Trent, being traded for 3rd and 5th rounders. How can Kyle/John be the worst GM's with a roster as this loaded? Make it make sense!!!! No team during the playoffs that we faced out talented us. We won two games and almost a third while facing a QB deficit in every single match up. How can that happen if the rest of the roster is not strong? 

Man, good thing Shanahan isn't a GM. 

Also, Ray-Ray's contract is one of the lowest receiver contracts given out this year so far. Just for reference, Jamal Agnew, who is very similar to McCloud, got a 3-yr deal at $4.75mil AAV last off season. That's pretty much the same contract given to McCloud this year.

Maybe, and I'm spit-balling here, maybe this is the going rate for a quality returner and slot WR?

And last point, they've been to 2 NFC Championships in 3 years. That usually means you're able to find quality talent this time of the year. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah I thought it was a lame tweet. "WORTH UP TO". As far as we know, it could be a one year deal.

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Man, good thing Shanahan isn't a GM. 

Also, Ray-Ray's contract is one of the lowest receiver contracts given out this year so far. Just for reference, Jamal Agnew, who is very similar to McCloud, got a 3-yr deal at $4.75mil AAV last off season. That's pretty much the same contract given to McCloud this year.

Maybe, and I'm spit-balling here, maybe this is the going rate for a quality returner and slot WR?

And last point, they've been to 2 NFC Championships in 3 years. That usually means you're able to find quality talent this time of the year. 

I mean Kyle has a big say in most of these personnel moves and is essentially a GM without the title of one. Still, the team has assembled far too much talent for anyone to say he or John are the worst GMs in the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Kyle has a big say in most of these personnel moves and is essentially a GM without the title of one. Still, the team has assembled far too much talent for anyone to say he or John are the worst GMs in the league. 

If Mccloud is our WR4 and he plays the role Goodwin played for us while upping the return game then what's the fuss.

I feel like sometimes ppl just wanna be so right that Kyle/John are overrated that they'll take any jabs they can get in...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If Mccloud is our WR4 and he plays the role Goodwin played for us while upping the return game then what's the fuss.

I feel like sometimes ppl just wanna be so right that Kyle/John are overrated that they'll take any jabs they can get in...

UP TO 5 M a year is far from an overpay for a guy who fills multiple roles, especially one as key as PR

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I feel like Kyle is getting the Andy Reid treatment (prior to winning the big one) and will until he wins a SB. Everyone constantly dogged on Reid for being overrated and said "He's good enough to take a team deep into the playoffs, but not win the big one". Once Reid won the superbowl he's all of a sudden the best coach in the NFL in the eyes of the media. Once we win one with Shanny I think he'll stop getting ragged on by the media. 

• Like 5