2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

26 minutes ago, N4L said:

Pittsburgh doesn't have a GM. They are in the process of finalizing that hire. 

Mitch trubinsky is getting paid 7m a year unless he's a starter, then he gets more. 

I think it could make sense they trade a conditional 2023 pick for Jimmy and have a competition in camp. It depends who gets hired as their GM, but I can't imagine them just rolling with MT and haskins this season, especially in that division. 

The Steelers are a team that will never hit the rebuild button until they have to. They will always look to compete and be a playoff team. They can't honestly look at MT and think they can make the playoffs with him considering how good their division is. 

I don't think the colts will trade for Jimmy, otherwise they would have done so already. 

I am calling my shot, Jimmy will get traded to the Steelers for a 2023 conditional pick and he will take an incentivized contract 

Hope your right…but in my opinion the Steelers are in prime spot to grab a QB in the first round and most certainly wouldn’t have him sitting third on the depth chart by trading for Jimmy……..again this is only my opinion.

Just now, P_locniners said:

That’s an o-line that looks ready to set a single season sack record

I wonder how weird of a spot they are in with mcg. Seems like they are prepping for him to be ready to start the season, but that injury is rough

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder how weird of a spot they are in with mcg. Seems like they are prepping for him to be ready to start the season, but that injury is rough

I dunno how comfortable they are and I think it’s too soon to tell. If they were VERY uncomfortable with it, I would have thought they would have added a more dependable veteran just in case. Then again, we could be looking to draft his long term replacement in the draft, which I am all for. I’m not the biggest McG fan, killer run blocker, but waaaaaaaay too inconsistent in the pass blocking

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we learned anything from the Joe Staley retirement timing, this regime keeps things VERY close to the chest. They don't want to broadcast that they need a RT, or that they may need a starting center if Alex Mack retires. 

Its an extremely complicated blocking scheme. It's within the realm of possibilities that the team feels pretty ok with the idea someone like Jalen Moore will be the RT at the beginning of the season, but it's equally as likely they feel like RT is priority #1 for pick#61 but don't want the league to know. 

Have we been linked to any tackles out there? Not sure if the Collins interest was legit 

"The 49ers are indeed trying to trade him. The Colts are the team regarded in league circles as the most interested.

As we hear it, 49ers G.M. John Lynch is telling interested teams that he has an offer in hand of two second-round picks for Garoppolo, a player the team acquired in 2017 for one second-round pick. (At least one interested team reacted to the news, we’re told, by concluding that, if the 49ers have two first-round picks for Garoppolo, they should take it.)"

-Mike Florio

L-O-L…… 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"The 49ers are indeed trying to trade him. The Colts are the team regarded in league circles as the most interested.

As we hear it, 49ers G.M. John Lynch is telling interested teams that he has an offer in hand of two second-round picks for Garoppolo, a player the team acquired in 2017 for one second-round pick. (At least one interested team reacted to the news, we’re told, by concluding that, if the 49ers have two first-round picks for Garoppolo, they should take it.)"

-Mike Florio

L-O-L…… 

🤣 come on Lynch, nobody believes that