Best Edge Rushing LB of All Time Behind LT?

mdonnelly21

Best Edge Rushing LB of All Time Behind LT?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Best Edge Rushing LB of All Time Behind LT?

• Kevin Greene
    • Terrell Suggs
    • DeMarcus Ware
    • Derrick Thomas
    • James Harrison
    • Von Miller
    • Other

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfHvElrVwqBkh6f6wm0bH

Where is Mark Gastineau @ as an option?

He was the real Single Season sack king with 22.0 sacks before Brett Favre laid down for Michael Strahan giving him 22.5. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4FAC3aFb0CG8fmtpflsv

Might not be the greatest of All-Time (only because lack of longevity).

But he is the greatest sack Master of All-Time and it's criminal how he's yet to make the Hall of Fame with 107.5 sacks despite only 10 seasons worth (with only 107 career starts too). 

He's the only player in NFL history that averaged over 1.0 sacks per start. 

Not even Lawrence Taylor could say the same. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Derrick Thomas, but a write in recognition vote for Rickey Jackson who should be on this list over James Harrison who has no business being on this list if we're just considering the edge rushing portion

Care to elaborate on this little gem?

Edited by 43M

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Care to elaborate on this little gem?

He had four-five years as an elite edge rusher.  That's it. That doesn't make him a bad player at all, or even not saying he wasn't great in that time period.  But in no world should he be on the greatest Edge Rushers of all time list for just five great years

to continue

in his 15 year career, Rickey Jackson had less than 6 sacks twice

In his 15 year career, James Harrison had less than 6 sacks nine times

In his 15 year career, Rickey Jackson had more than 9 sacks  8 times

In his 15 year career James Harrison had more than 9 sacks 3 times

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

He had four-five years as an elite edge rusher.  That's it. That doesn't make him a bad player at all, or even not saying he wasn't great in that time period.  But in no world should he be on the greatest Edge Rushers of all time list for just five great years

Career wise...I agree.

But its like when people ask who the best RBs ever were and numerous people say Terrell Davis.    He certainly didnt have a top 10 career for a RB, but at his peak, he was arguably a top 5 RB of all time.

You can make a similar argument for Harrison.   Im not saying he is the best or even top 5 edge rusher, but at his peak, you cant say he wasnt close.   For 4 or 5 years, he was an extremely elite pass rusher.    People knock his sack numbers, but he regularly led the league in pressures and QB hits, plus was regularly asked to play the run and drop into coverage.

I think Harrison is kind of an idiot and I have no special love for him....but he was unbelievable for a 3 or 4 year span.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 43M said:

Career wise...I agree.

But its like when people ask who the best RBs ever were and numerous people say Terrell Davis.    He certainly didnt have a top 10 career for a RB, but at his peak, he was arguably a top 5 RB of all time.

Yeah but Terrell Davis was elite for like his entire (short) career. James Harrison had a prolonged career that was basically nothing outside of a short 4-5 year span. I think that's what bcb is trying to say here.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah but Terrell Davis was elite for like his entire (short) career. James Harrison had a prolonged career that was basically nothing outside of a short 4-5 year span. I think that's what bcb is trying to say here.

Unfortunately history doesn't show that. After his injury td had two subpar season then a good final season.  Clearly the injury was the issue but those last three years are often forgotten about cause he was so damn good his first four years