2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

59 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't disagree and it's just speculation/opinion but as I said, Cosell knows his stuff. 

But what does he know about this?  Perhaps slightly more than I do which is next to nothing.  So he has visited all the other OTAs and evaluated all of the rookie WR in his scientific rating system of catching passes in shorts?  And this means what?  That Steeler fans will click on his posts.  Please.

It would be more informative if any of the Steeler rookies would share their recipes for BBQ ribs or brisket than this.

I am not disparaging or disrespecting @Chieferific .  I just do not have much patience in stories of drivel.  

Edited by jebrick

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

But what does he know about this?  Perhaps slightly more than I do which is next to nothing.  So he has visited all the other OTAs and evaluated all of the rookie WR in his scientific rating system of catching passes in shorts?  And this means what?  That Steeler fans will click on his posts.  Please.

It would be more informative if any of the Steeler rookies would share their recipes for BBQ ribs or brisket than this.

I am not disparaging or disrespecting @Chieferific .  I just do not have much patience in stories of drivel.  

To be fair, Cosell says "....I thought overall he was the best receiving prospect in this draft class, based solely on tape". The title is the click-bait, what Cosell says is very reasonable. 

• Like 1

Cosell is very good at analyzing players during the season and very good at breaking down draft prospects. While we obviously haven't gotten to a point where he can review any Pro tape, I'm confident Cosell looked at a ton of college tape on numerous College WRs. Also, it would appear that most of his opinion is based on Pickens' Frosh year due to the injury. So your not completely off with your assessment. However, Cowell's opinion carries a lot of weight with me and it's exciting to hear how much he likes him (tho be it all based on potential). And I didn't take offense to your responses. I understand the hate for off season fluff pieces and this certainly qualifies. 

• Like 1

I think Pickens wakes up with the most talent in the WR room right now. The small detail and technical side of his game is really fun to watch in college, it's just a matter of how far he evolves into how good he can be. A year out of his development really hurts, but there is such an incredible base to work off. He will be a productive NFL receiver. It's a matter of how good he can become that's the question. 

I've stated this before, but he could step into the Z if they move Claypool into the slot and IMO produce better than Chase did running the rails. That would be a really simple entry into the league to start his development/evolution as a pro receiver. 

To me, that would be best of both worlds. Claypool gets to work inside -- where he has had success being a matchup guy and running away from people horizontally as a pro and in college -- and Pickens gets a simplified role that plays to his strengths out of the gate. 

• Like 3

Here is my current mock draft:

11.Kelee Ringo CB Georgia

43.Broderick Jones OT Georgia

75.Clark Barrington OG BYU

111. Kenderick Duncan S Louisville

175. Moro Ojomo DE Texas

207. Keeanu Benton NT Wisconsin

16 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I think Pickens wakes up with the most talent in the WR room right now. The small detail and technical side of his game is really fun to watch in college, it's just a matter of how far he evolves into how good he can be. A year out of his development really hurts, but there is such an incredible base to work off. He will be a productive NFL receiver. It's a matter of how good he can become that's the question. 

I've stated this before, but he could step into the Z if they move Claypool into the slot and IMO produce better than Chase did running the rails. That would be a really simple entry into the league to start his development/evolution as a pro receiver. 

To me, that would be best of both worlds. Claypool gets to work inside -- where he has had success being a matchup guy and running away from people horizontally as a pro and in college -- and Pickens gets a simplified role that plays to his strengths out of the gate. 

This is how I hope it plays out as well. I did see something in one of Kaboly’s recent articles that suggested they were giving Pickens a long look in the slot however. 

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think it’s outlandish, barring injury, for Ogunjobi to greatly outplay Wormely this year. I think he’s quite a bit better. It’d be pretty great if we could convince some dupe GM to give up something valuable for 7 sacks Wormely. 

They usually carry 6 DL on game day…there’s 7 with Ogunjobi added…someone sitting unless they move somebody.

26 minutes ago, AFF said:

They usually carry 6 DL on game day…there’s 7 with Ogunjobi added…someone sitting unless they move somebody.

I really hoped for Leal to be a redshirt. I don’t trust tweeners to be full on contributors and I want him to get a solid year of development into his role. I liked that as a (possible) plan when Tuitt was here, and was a bit worried after he retired. Happy that’s back on deck.