2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

I think it’s too soon to think about. No clue where we’re going to draft or if anyone will make a surprise jump. 

——————————

Heard an interesting on Locked On that would be a good debate:

Is Chris Boswell a HOF kicker. Take out his injured year and there’s only one kicker in history better than him from a make rate: Justin Tucker. 

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think it’s too soon to think about. No clue where we’re going to draft or if anyone will make a surprise jump. 

——————————

Heard an interesting on Locked On that would be a good debate:

Is Chris Boswell a HOF kicker. Take out his injured year and there’s only one kicker in history better than him from a make rate: Justin Tucker. 

Kickers are too volatile to make a guess now. He could turn into a pretty bad kicker in no time at all. Remember when Mike Vanderjagt was the most accurate kicker of all time for about 6 weeks? 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Kickers are too volatile to make a guess now. He could turn into a pretty bad kicker in no time at all. Remember when Mike Vanderjagt was the most accurate kicker of all time for about 6 weeks? 

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

boz would need to keep producing at his current level for like another 10 yrs+ steelers need to start having deep postseason runs for boz to have more memorable kicks to gain national popularity

Definitely agree with both of you and that was said. But on the flip side if a historically good kicker is the only guy better, and he (Boz) does it in a notoriously hard to kick in stadium, that might be enough b

with all the new changes in the organization + nfl teams changing uniforms with Nike. I wonder if new uniforms are around the corner for us. we are due. I want to go back to these permanently. what kind of uniforms would you want us to use in a change?

A jersey with plenty of history

4 hours ago, August4th said:

with all the new changes in the organization + nfl teams changing uniforms with Nike. I wonder if new uniforms are around the corner for us. we are due. I want to go back to these permanently. what kind of uniforms would you want us to use in a change?

A jersey with plenty of history

I like the block numbers too. My favorite uniform ever was the 75th anniversary with the white pants. Classy

19 hours ago, 43M said:

A very possible draft position wise, but I feel like there no way we dont draft at least 1 OL in the first two rounds.  Barring some major development, we need some top end talent on OL to block for our young QB and RB, and you typically arent finding that rd 3 and later.

How about this one:

Round 1: Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern

Round 2: Jordan Battle S Alabama

Round 3: Sidy Sow OG Eastern Michigan

Round 4: Garrett Williams CB Syracuse

Round 6: Bumper Pool LB Arkansas

Round 7. Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin

39 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Bumper Pool? I’d take him off the board exclusively for his name. 

With the 32nd pick in the first round, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Bowling Alley, CB Auburn. 

PFF has us tagged at 11th overall right now. So does PFN. 

BPA in round 1 at 11 on both:

PFF - CJ Stroud, Cam Smith, Antonio Johnson, Jaxon Smith-Njogba

PFN - Kelee Ringo, Jordan Addison, Noah Sewell, Myles Murphy

BPA 43 on both:

PFF - Andrew Vorhees, Brandon JosephZach Harrison, Rashad Torrence

PFN - Bryan Bresee, Isaiah Foskey, Calijah Kancey, Ricky Stromberg

BPA 75 on both:

PFF - Troy Brown, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Byron Young, Davonte Brown

PFN - Connor Galvin, Sendrick Van Pran, Josh Downs, Jack Campbell

I can see us going:

CB

OL

LB 

23 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

11th overall?  I must be a blind homer cause I see us being better than that.   

That’s the average composite power ranking right now. I’d be more shocked by a bottom 15 pick than top 15 (in v out playoffs). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That’s the average composite power ranking right now. I’d be more shocked by a bottom 15 pick than top 15 (in v out playoffs). 

Agreed.  I'm what you might consider a pessimistic fan.  But I expect a nice mixture on Offense with occasional splash plays and a Defense that's closer to 2020 than 2021.  Remember, there are 7 teams in the playoffs now and either just missing out of that last WC or actually grabbing it I think is a realistic possibility.