2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

lol. 

Free agency at WR is going to end in the next couple of years. Wayyyy way way too many good receivers coming into the league to hand out $21M per to a guy who broke 100 yards 4 times over 4 years. 

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope. 

Edit: Just saw its $18M per with incentives, but that's still way too high for THAT guy. 

Diontae Johnson over here liking what he sees.

17 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

lol. 

Free agency at WR is going to end in the next couple of years. Wayyyy way way too many good receivers coming into the league to hand out $21M per to a guy who broke 100 yards 4 times over 4 years. 

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope. 

Edit: Just saw its $18M per with incentives, but that's still way too high for THAT guy. 

Jags are the kings of overpaying.

If you got Maulet playing nickel, Sutton and Spoon playing on the outside, one could say they feel confident about that position to the point where it's still atrocious. But in the spirit of BPA if KOBE (#8) were there at #20 it gives you the flexibility of then shuffling Maulet to 4th DB and Sutton to the slot to give you some sort of incremental improvement. Greater than the opportunity cost of addressing other positions of need and improving them much more... probably not

Mr. Biscuit is still much of the same. You now have 1, 2, 3 guys that can't start. But you can pretend they can. A 4th guy if we consider anyone in the first round. What I like about it is you gobble up someone that someone else might think can start, increasing the value of RUDOLPHHHH. We talking about Mason RUDOLPHHHH.. lol jk but not really... Mr. Biscuit couldn't be worth more than $5m per year. Doubling his 2021 salary when you did nothing is pretty good value for the Biscuit. Honestly, how much do your teammates dislike you if they nickname you 'Mr. Biscuit'.. that's bad. Piggy backing the NYG in the Biscuit sweepstakes still like that for Mason Rudolph. And I would project Rudolph to upseat Daniel Jones in the primaries.

Anyone but Terrell Edmunds. I think he can cover a RB, maybe. But that's only like RBs outside the top 10 in receiving talent. Someone that got too much wiggle leaving him with a face full of dirt. That's why there's no value even at his 4.47 for me. He can't patrol. He can't come up and impact the game. He can't cover the tight end. I try and find a place for him and can't. Which is sad, because I'd like to see him put in some work to be an off ball linebacker, that's value is truncating the field with speed. Which makes everyone else better.

Edited by Raidersfan1

Trubisky is one of marginal potential and Rudolph is one of no potential. A finished product. With no future in Pittsburgh. Yet, still can be Kirk Cousins like in the right situation. Then we add the intrigue in a Dwayne Haskins by adding a third element to the mix. Dwayne Haskins has the most potential. If we are constructing a room of no potential future, but we plan on at least, in the spirit, of constructing one at the lowest cost. We need to move the rubik's cube a few more times.

Rudolph has value and can be a starter. But the backup/backup competition is not a QB competition of a team that thinks it can compete for a Super Bowl every year. There would need to be additional moves via draft or FA. Now, if you do trade Rudolph, and I think there is value in the 4th rd region, that would be in the team's best interests.

Now, that opens up a spot for a more legitimate competition between one iteration of a signing of Mariota and Trubisky. "Can you beat out Mitchell Trubisky to be the starter?" Yes. Sign right here. It removes any sort of bias in the QB carousel where you have two underperforming 2nd overall picks where Mariota is the front-runner, you kick the tires on Trubisky at no 'real cost', and you still challenge and see what Haskins can bring to the table.

I would then invest in a Brock Purdy in the late rounds as a developmental piece to more or less upseat the loser of the starter competition, because Haskins would prove he can be the backup. Mariota/Trubisky/Haskins/Purdy is the best QB room to take to camp at the lowest cost...none... yet, actually bringing back a return. A 4th rd pick. Which is why I determine this to be the optimum plan in any iteration. Because the field is so desolate. 

In this iteration, Trubisky is cloak and dagger, but I still get to see what's under the hood, and if he can be a future backup, than I have the option to keep him.

Give this new QB coach something to do at least.