2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

1 minute ago, August4th said:

some optimism

I really hope this is mainly for depth. An upgrade for the second unit.
Chuks is young enough that re-signing him makes sense, but we better add
some real quality rather than serviceable bodies or this o-line is going to be
stuck in mediocrity. I would've much preferred James Daniels. 

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m usually one of, if not the most optimistic guy on here but wtf are we doing?

Nothing. Literally,  this is Colberts exit plan. To leave this team in total rebuild mode. In a month and a half it'll no longer be his problem.

Unless.... they haven't hired a GM because he isn't actually going to retire, which is what I think plays out.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Nothing. Literally,  this is Colberts exit plan. To leave this team in total rebuild mode. In a month and a half it'll no longer be his problem.

Unless.... they haven't hired a GM because he isn't actually going to retire, which is what I think plays out.

So you reckon he's torpedoing the team for his successor? But you also think it may play out that he doesn't retire, which would mean he's torpedoing the team for...himself?

Chuks down for two sacks, seven hits, 14 hurries, and flagged 11 times seems like a man that is overmatched and you choose to match the offers he was getting in free agency. That is just not a good match.

You double down on Joe Haeg part two, which pushes down the need for offensive line to if an upgrade is there, above all other possible upgrades, we'll take it.

I understand the Chuks signing from the perspective of you not needing to take offensive tackle in the first round. You have Dan Moore and Chuks with Joe Haeg at tackle. The problem is that that's the problem. These guys can't be playing those positions in combination with one another.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

So you reckon he's torpedoing the team for his successor? But you also think it may play out that he doesn't retire, which would mean he's torpedoing the team for...himself?

Torpedoing, not really. Idk what he is doing.

He came out before today and said Pittsburgh wouldn't be very active in FA. But he is also not even actively trying to improve the roster.

For example, why is Schoebert still on the roster?

How does Mason Cole make us better? He isn't, imo, better than JC Hassenauer which is Scary. 

Mitch Trubisky is simply a guy that was actually taken in R1, that's the difference between him and Rudolph.

The other guys were already part of a pretty mediocre 2021

The only reason Chuks didn't give up more sacks is because our entire passing game revolved around getting the ball out of Ben's hands as quickly as possible.   And he is absolutely horrid in the run game.

I was in favor of keeping Chuks for depth.   I never could have fathomed they would do something this stupid.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Torpedoing, not really. Idk what he is doing.

He came out before today and said Pittsburgh wouldn't be very active in FA. But he is also not even actively trying to improve the roster.

For example, why is Schoebert still on the roster?

How does Mason Cole make us better? He isn't, imo, better than JC Hassenauer which is Scary. 

Mitch Trubisky is simply a guy that was actually taken in R1, that's the difference between him and Rudolph.

The other guys were already part of a pretty mediocre 2021

I think the idea is Green/Cole compete for center with loser going to guard. 

1 minute ago, 43M said:

The only reason Chuks didn't give up more sacks is because our entire passing game revolved around getting the ball out of Ben's hands as quickly as possible.   And he is absolutely horrid in the run game.

I was in favor of keeping Chuks for depth.   I never could have fathomed they would do something this stupid.

This almost feels like the “oh wait other people like him? Well we need to keep him then.”

• Like 1