2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Niners dealt the 12th pick, 3rd RD pick, 2022 1st annnnnnd 2023 1st to move up 9 spots to 3. I'm guessing we would have trade a similar package + a little more(moving up from 20 and not 12 + outbid teams that have higher 1st rd picks).

20th pick

2022 3rd rd pick

2023 1st

2023 4th

2024 1st

something like that... that's a lot

7 minutes ago, AFF said:

Me and you are more of the pro Willis crowd…I wouldn’t  like it either but I would understand it.

Here is why it would end it for me: The of the reason I am interested in grabbing Willis this year is the supply and demand factor of it all over the next two seasons. 

This years supply of QB is low, therefore the demand on the trade market will push down cost to move up. 

Next year's QB supply is supposed to be much higher, which will increase the trade market. 

Can I grab Willis this year with cold demand for the cost of a 2nd and 3rd and recoup my expense next year on a hot market with an additional 1st and more? Eliminating that much more valuable asset next year makes it harder to swallow. 

Edited by Dcash4
I should add here: I anticipate we end up picking somewhere between 10-15 next year. That's Watson/Mahomes draft day trade territory so I used their values as guides

1 minute ago, August4th said:

Niners dealt the 12th pick, 3rd RD pick, 2022 1st annnnnnd 2023 1st to move up 9 spots to 3. I'm guessing we would have trade a similar package + a little more(moving up from 20 and not 12 + outbid teams that have higher 1st rd picks).

20th pick

2022 3rd rd pick

2023 1st

2023 4th

2024 1st

something like that... that's a lot

It’s becoming harder and harder to judge what it’s going to cost though.  This is a “thick” through the middle draft and some teams might want more.

Friend asked me a question out of the blue, if Browns cut Mayfield because they killed his trade market, and he’s willing to sign a cheap deal, would the Steelers look at him? I honestly didn’t know what to answer. Say the guy was willing to take a 2 yr $16M-20M prove it deal, do you give him a shot or roll with Mitch? I kind of feel like O’Rourke/Raidersfan1/whatever his screen name is this week but I’d have to think about it, despite I don’t see it ever happening. Thoughts?

Edited by SteelersFan2333

4 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Friend asked me a question out of the blue, if Browns cut Mayfield because they killed his trade market, and he’s willing to sign a cheap deal, would the Steelers look at him? I honestly didn’t know what to answer. Say the guy was willing to take a 2 yr $16M-20M prove it deal, do you give him a shot or roll with Mitch? I kind of feel like O’Rourke/Raidersfan1/whatever his screen name is this week but I’d have to think about it, despite I don’t see it ever happening. Thoughts?

I could see it happening. Not that I would want it but I can see it. 

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Lamar
Russ Wilson
Carr
Ryan
Lawrence
Tannahill
Tua
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson
Davis Mills

Where would you rank Baker on that list of AFC QBs? It's not high enough, IMO, to justify that you need to pay him like a starter if you brought him in. Without Trubisky, he would have been a decent flyer opportunity to bridge the gap, but we already know what we know -- he isn't competing 1 to 1 vs more than half that list. We need to get a dude, not an okay QB. 

Go get a rookie contract guy while everyone else pays $40M+ for theirs and pray they are capable of competing against that group. 

I don't see Baker a match for several reasons:

1. The steelers seem to be greatly emphasizing mobility, especially for Canada's offense. While Baker isn't a statue, Mitch fits that desire far better

2. The steelers seem intent on drafting a QB this year and, amidst a QB competition, I'm not sure Baker would be a positive influence in the QB room

3. While they could afford him, the money is better spent elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

On another forum, one of their posters said they would take Baker(IF he was released)AND IF it meant they wouldn’t trade up for Willis! LMFAO!

I concur, lol. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

32 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Lamar
Russ Wilson
Carr
Ryan
Lawrence
Tannahill
Tua
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson
Davis Mills

Where would you rank Baker on that list of AFC QBs? It's not high enough, IMO, to justify that you need to pay him like a starter if you brought him in. Without Trubisky, he would have been a decent flyer opportunity to bridge the gap, but we already know what we know -- he isn't competing 1 to 1 vs more than half that list. We need to get a dude, not an okay QB. 

Go get a rookie contract guy while everyone else pays $40M+ for theirs and pray they are capable of competing against that group. 

This…having a solid team around the QB on a rookie contract is the golden ticket…allows you to overpay if necessary in FA to fill holes.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Mahomes
Allen
Herbert
Burrow
Watson
Lamar
Russ Wilson
Carr
Ryan
Lawrence
Tannahill
Tua
Mac Jones
Zach Wilson
Davis Mills

A healthy Mayfield is below Carr on that list.  Lawrence may pass him but has not shown it yet.  Tyan is on the downside of his career.

Edited by jebrick

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

A healthy Mayfield is below Carr on that list.  Lawrence may pass him but has not shown it yet.  Tyan is on the downside of his career.

I agree with that placement. I also don’t think he’s going to get a healthy contract both due to a middle of the road tape, and the perception he’s a little bit of a cancer. As I said above I can see a 2 year $8M per being a good range to have him and see if he can rebuild his career and show he’s a team guy. Guy screwed himself with his attitude and mouth, but we’ll see…

17 minutes ago, jebrick said:

9th, potentially 10th still isn't an encouraging signing at non-rookie deal money. Especially when 7 of them have yet to turn 27 years old. 

Go get a rookie whose floor is Baker, but whose ceiling is towards the top of the conference.