2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

30 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m talking about reading/reacting and flying to the ball to make a tackle, not making splash plays. His best trait is/was his closing speed flying sideline to sideline to track down RBs and QBs (like Lamar). 

I'll jump in and agree with you. He, and Edmunds, played important roles in catching Lamar Jackson. 

RC comes out and says this the day after hanging with Tomlin and co at the LSU pro day. I don’t think we have to worry about the Steelers passing on him if he falls.

With that being said, I’m sure he’s back to being a top 10 lock now that he’s proved his injury is behind him.

I can’t stand Bush. He’s a grass fairy and should be playing soccer. He wouldn’t have played for cowher or noll. Cam heyward wanted to eviserate him last season. It was after a pass completion to a receiver that heyward, after rushing and jumping to attempt to bat it down, had to chase that receiver like across the field sideways and then tackle him 20 yards down the field. It was through bush’s short zone. Hayward was gassed and had to come out but he turned around and yelled at Devon. Tomlin got between them, smh. Bush walked away and ignored Heyward. If I was Tomlin, I wouldn’t have done that. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m talking about reading/reacting and flying to the ball to make a tackle, not making splash plays. His best trait is/was his closing speed flying sideline to sideline to track down RBs and QBs (like Lamar). 

Flying sidelines to sidelines 3-5 yards behind the LOS does not work well.  Hitting a hole and meeting a RB and holding them to zero or 1 yard is what is wanted.  Especially for a 1st round pick.  Jacks is also going to fly sidelines to sidelines.  We need Farrior/Shazier type that can read/process quickly and react.

40 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

RC comes out and says this the day after hanging with Tomlin and co at the LSU pro day. I don’t think we have to worry about the Steelers passing on him if he falls.

With that being said, I’m sure he’s back to being a top 10 lock now that he’s proved his injury is behind him.

I think he falls.  The injury is tough and his tape is 2 years old.  You are drafting an athlete with an injury history.  You can judge where the risk should fall.  He could fall to 20.

25 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Flying sidelines to sidelines 3-5 yards behind the LOS does not work well.  Hitting a hole and meeting a RB and holding them to zero or 1 yard is what is wanted.  Especially for a 1st round pick.  Jacks is also going to fly sidelines to sidelines.  We need Farrior/Shazier type that can read/process quickly and react.

We are so far away from my original point. I said he played like his hair was one fire/flew to the ball without hesitation as a rookie and after his injury he looked a lot more timid which was one of the biggest visual differences in his game. 

I know that he sucked last year. IF he can regain confidence in his knee I think he will look more like he did as a rookie. Again, I know he sucked last year and maybe was even overrated as a rookie I’m not trying to convince anyone otherwise. 

We run a 4 -2, basically a hybrid nickel without a nose tackle anymore. It’s ridiculous to me that they won’t get a MLB that can tackle and call the defense right across from the damn center. Keep looking for 4-3 WLB’s to be our two ILBs., smgdh, as if those guys can do everything. Stack, shed, cover, tackle, blitz, chase, call the d, audible, check formations and line up guys, bake a cake, spy the qb, spy the te, spy the Rb, chip those guys, etc etc. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

My current mock:

1. Dax Hill, Safety, Michigan

2. Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky

3. Troy Andersen, ILB, Montana State

4. Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State

6. Danny Gray, WR, SMU

7a. Zach VanValkenburg, EDGE, Iowa

7b. Jaquarii Roberson, WR, Wake Forest

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:

6. Danny Gray, WR, SMU

I like it. I’d like it a whole lot more if we kept Brian Flores for the first two years of Troy Anderson’s career. Kinnard can compete with Chuks and Dotson. I’m a big Dax Hill fan. I’ve heard of the others so that’s something.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:

6. Danny Gray, WR, SMU

I have a hard time believing SS isn’t addressed in free agency, but I like Dax Hill as a player. I’m all for going defense 1st round regardless. 

I would be shocked if WR wasn’t addressed by the 4th round 

OT in the 2nd seems like a waste. Moore and Chuks are both young and are penciled in for starters this year. WR, D Line, Edge, CB, and even C are bigger needs IMO

These morons have absolutely destroyed the WR market going forward.   Started with the Jags (of course), but didnt end there.   

Since when do merely decent WRs deserve so much?     They are typically extremely dependent on a QB for success.     Not saying a WR should be punished for that, but $20m for something like 800 yards and 5 TDs per year?    Hell no.    

At this point, I would never pay DJ anything close to that.    He obviously has talent, but someone else can pay for his horrible drops, that I dont think will ever be corrected.