We traded a fifth for Shaq Mason

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

On paper, this is an unreal trade.

Whats the catch here? How is a player this good available so cheaply? Surely the Pats aren’t having more cap trouble that us?

Might be making room for Lael Collins but idk 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Yeah I could see it, if not than stinnie or hainsley should do fine 

Man if Hainsey doesnt win the job next year then it was a bad pick. Year 2 third round talent should be able to be starter ready. This guy isnt a small school play either he went to ND. Jansen spoke highly of him today but noted he needed to get bigger and stronger. Guy needs to eat breathe weights the next 4 months if he wants to unsit Stinnie. 

10 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I mean this is a fantastic move: Licht pulled this off once when he fleeced the Giants for a 3rrd round pick in exchange for JPP. To get a top 10 cailbar Guard (or better) for a measly 5th round pick and 2 years left on his deal is a steal in my opinion. 

100%. Billy B is loosing it.

16 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

On paper, this is an unreal trade.

Whats the catch here? How is a player this good available so cheaply? Surely the Pats aren’t having more cap trouble that us?

Pats are - or were - deep at interior OL, but need cap space to sign a tackle (rumor is they're making a play for Collins). Even so, most of us Pats fans fan would have expected more than a 5th. If Mason is only 80% of his best, he's a top 10 guard easily. A bargain for you guys. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Pats are - or were - deep at interior OL, but need cap space to sign a tackle (rumor is they're making a play for Collins). Even so, most of us Pats fans fan would have expected more than a 5th. If Mason is only 80% of his best, he's a top 10 guard easily. A bargain for you guys. 

I mean the only thing i can think of is Bellichik's confidence in building an OL through mid-late round draft picks. He's been doing it for years and with him needing to clear cap - I think he feels confident in drafting a guard to replace him on a rookie deal for the next 4 maybe 5 years. 

• Like 1