Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And I'd argue for Chase and a few still not drafted ahead of Hopkins at this point.

I think Hopkins has the potential to get back into that top 5 conversation though but he's gotta be better this upcoming season for sure

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Different people will have different perceptions.  Some assume that all guys are totally healthy.  Some assume they'll get banged up.  Some assume they'll play at a lower level.  

There's no bright line rule everyone has to follow.

I appreciate your perspective. I'll wait to hear from BCB if there is an assumed health status for this. It definitely would skew my draft boards a bit assuming health plays a factor. 

IMO, predicting injuries in a simulation draft like this would be kind of silly considering there are no actual games being played.

The voters can and will vote however they want, but I figured for the people building the teams, it would be nice to know if we are assuming full health or in some cases not suspended.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Different people will have different perceptions.  Some assume that all guys are totally healthy.  Some assume they'll get banged up.  Some assume they'll play at a lower level.  

There's no bright line rule everyone has to follow.

It's take at your own risks even with guys who may or may not retire. 

26 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

@bcb1213 I got a question as it pertains to the perception of players. Are we to assume 100% health during the simulation of this? Like drafting a player that was injured, are they injured and thus can't perform or are we assuming they have fully healed come scoring time? 

Basically consider it like this.  If these were to line up on the field for this upcoming season.  How would they do.  Injury issues can or can not be taken into account.  Personally, if there is a lingering injury issue that will impact the players performance, I include it.  However it is impossible to predict injuries so i don't try to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

It's take at your own risks even with guys who may or may not retire. 

Real life retiring and assumed injuries are two different things in my opinion. 

I guess what I really want to know is are we starting the Madden franchise with pre-existing injuries turned on or off. @bcb1213

• Like 1