Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

Just now, WFLukic said:

David went later than he should've as well. With that said I do think David is probably a bit more valuable given his superiority in coverage, but White is as dynamic a playmaker as you can find off-ball.

Although off ball LBs are ideal cover guys, White is such a good blitzer it offsets that. And he’s one of those guys that has the intangible ability which immediately improves a defense he’s on.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was surprised Lavonte David went ahead of him, but PFF hating him makes a lot of sense. Bet his agent refused to pay their kickback money to hype his guy up.

I get it. David will be playing into his 30s so regression could happen any one of these years. He’s a good player but I get if people go reputation first.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I understand why pff hates him. White makes a ton of splash plays but he's always going for them which leaves him woefully out of position on other plays 

Then his grade should be average, not amongst lowest lol. He’ll get compensated for his on field abilities and not PFF grade in his next contract.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was surprised Lavonte David went ahead of him, but PFF hating him makes a lot of sense. Bet his agent refused to pay their kickback money to hype his guy up.

Nah.  He and Mailata have the same agent. Just a mix up with PFF’s account.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Then his grade should be average, not amongst lowest lol. He’ll get compensated for his on field abilities and not PFF grade in his next contract.

No they shouldn't based on what pff looks for. If you look at his grade he has above average marks in pass rush where his aggression pays off but miserable marks in run defense and pass coverage cause he's out of position going for the splash stats 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No they shouldn't based on what pff looks for. If you look at his grade he has above average marks in pass rush where his aggression pays off but miserable marks in run defense and pass coverage cause he's out of position going for the splash stats 

Look at what he did against New Orleans last year. And he finished 2020 with as many sacks as edge rushers. If he was so bad, TB has still been top 10 on defense.

So yeah I get the he misses plays stuff but an out of order play that forces a turnover or clinches a stop in a playoff game should be looked upon favorably.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Look at what he did against New Orleans last year. And he finished 2020 with as many sacks as edge rushers. If he was so bad, TB has still been top 10 on defense.

So yeah I get the he misses plays stuff but an out of order play that forces a turnover or clinches a stop in a playoff game should be looked upon favorably.

3.5 sacks is considered good for an edge rusher?

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

3.5 sacks is considered good for an edge rusher?

2020: 9.5 sacks

Yes, that is a solid barometer for quality edge rushers. Maxx Crosby finished with 8 sacks last year and nabbed almost $25 million a year.

Edited by MD4L

I think White played more under control within the system in 2020 and was much better.  For some reason, he lost his discipline in 2021 and was just gunning for the splash play and was pretty bad.  

His value for next year will depend on whether or not he regains that control.

Dude has all the ability you could want.  Great choice here.