Jets sign TE Tyler Conklin

Bianconero

Definitely ends the idea of us drafting a TE. Almost 600yds last season and is 26 yrs old. 

Not too long ago, I mentioned the idea of of us going with a 2-TE set similar to what the Pats & Colts used to do. I like this decision. I have no problem with this at all. It helps the run and helps Wilson. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

This makes me wonder if we will see a lot more 12 personnel which is a LaFleur favorite. If so, maybe WR isn’t a day one option. 

Very well could be us wanting to run more 2 TE sets. But I still think we’d rather a legit WR. LaFleur would love 2 a 2 TE system. But let’s not forget that’s factoring in a guy like Kittle as pretty much a #1 WR. CJ and Ty aren’t that. Both solid options. But aren’t scaring anyone like a Kittle does. Moore is still the closest thing we have to a receiving option that teams have to account for. And I expect us to still upgrade at WR. Not saying it’s for sure our pick at 10. But can’t see us not grabbing one in Round 2 if we don’t at 10. This does more than likely take away us going TE in the 1st 3 rounds though.