Baker Mayfield formally requests a trade

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Baker is not smart enough for Reich’s scheme. Matt Ryan is a way better fit if Watson chooses Atlanta.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Baker is not smart enough for Reich’s scheme. Matt Ryan is a way better fit if Watson chooses Atlanta.

You'd have to assume Ryan is included with the Watson deal. So unless he was then flipped from Houston to Indy (which I dont think would happen)

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

aaaaaand now we have Browns alumni chiming in

I mean, he’s not wrong.  It’s the NFL.  Unless you’re an elite player, someone is always trying to find a better option.  Hell even if you are elite they’re looking for someone cheaper.

Dude has some talent, but goddam does he get up in his feelings and insist on making a public spectacle of it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy_C said:

You'd have to assume Ryan is included with the Watson deal. So unless he was then flipped from Houston to Indy (which I dont think would happen)

Why isnt Ryan asking for a trade regardless? Isnt his feelings hurt too because he hasnt been great recently?

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who does Mayfield think he is? He has no pull and doesn’t have much value. 

I wouldn’t want him. He’s likely the 17th best QB in the league, average QB, and four years in we know exactly 100% who he is. 

Also butthurt that the Browns were shopping for a QB? Nothing irritates me more than a sensitive QB. It’s a business… and you have been average at best. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

100%. Nothing worse than a beta QB. Stay far away. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Browns had such a good window and roster and somehow it all went down the toilet in one year. Only the Browns could pull that off. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well no s***, but I’d rather draft a guy than give any capital for Baker

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

LMFAO

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he’s not wrong.  It’s the NFL.  Unless you’re an elite player, someone is always trying to find a better option.  Hell even if you are elite they’re looking for someone cheaper.

Dude has some talent, but goddam does he get up in his feelings and insist on making a public spectacle of it.

You dont say......... if only there was a way we could have seen this coming...

police-tackle-baker.gif

OS5AM1.gif

HighIdleCavy-size_restricted.gif

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Someone may wanna remind Metcalf that they definitely did get rid of him though lol. 

Dude makes it sound like he was a franchise cornerstone for them lol

Teams bring in RB's every single year because teams primarily use 2+ RB's now, and RB's are easily replaceable. Teams don't draft QB's high each year.

Furthermore, teams generally don't come out and publicly trash their current QB whilst pursuing another QB in a trade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Someone may wanna remind Metcalf that they definitely did get rid of him though lol. 

Dude makes it sound like he was a franchise cornerstone for them lol

I mean he played 6 years in CLE and is one of the greatest returners in league history who was up for HOF consideration but go off.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Teams bring in RB's every single year because teams primarily use 2+ RB's now, and RB's are easily replaceable. Teams don't draft QB's high each year.

Furthermore, teams generally don't come out and publicly trash their current QB whilst pursuing another QB in a trade.

I agree. 

It may be business, but it's not smart business. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

there are multiple other teams vying for Watson and none of their current starters are posting farewells on Twitter and demanding trades.

I get being irked personally, but good grief.

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I mean he played 6 years in CLE and is one of the greatest returners in league history who was up for HOF consideration but go off.

6 years in Cleveland and as many elsewhere. 

Returners and QBs are very different things. 

As I said, dude makes it sound like he was a Cleveland lifer that fought off all sorts of competition on an annual basis. It's disingenuous.

Cleveland just proved they think exactly the same on Baker as we do

disappointed, would ideally like better and more consistency, not entirely sure where that comes from right now though and the draft isn’t ideal for QBs 

Edited by Hunter2_1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was a RB. Teams always draft RBs and they did drop him. 

Browns basically trashed Baker. You don't do that to your franchise QB and then expect him to be like "Cool. See you in a few weeks." 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

there are multiple other teams vying for Watson and none of their current starters are posting farewells on Twitter and demanding trades.

I get being irked personally, but good grief.

Let's run through the other teams pursuing the Watson trade shall we?

1. Saints - Their current starting QB is not a QB, who would be Watson's backup/3rd string QB. Has Jameis posted anything saying goodbye to NO? Idk.
  2. Atlanta - Their current starting QB is Matt Ryan, who would only be leaving the team if they included him in a trade package for Watson, so why would he be saying goodbye or demanding a trade?
  3. Carolina - Their current starting QB is Sam Darnold, who would likely be the backup to Watson if they landed him. So why would he post goodbyes?

The only somewhat comparable situation is Atlanta.

And Baker is demanding a trade because they're pursuing Watson and publicly trashed him whilst doing so.

EDIT: looks like Carolina is requesting Sam Darnold seek a trade. Expect his goodbyes shortly...

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2