Baker Mayfield formally requests a trade

TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

“withdrew”

They didn’t withdraw. Watson declined. Baker is basically the girl who watched her boyfriend publicly ask the prom queen out and after getting turned down wants to pretend they should stay in a relationship lol

its so funny to see other teams getting The Watson Experience 

5 minutes ago, kramxel said:

So, AFTER, they withdrew from the Watson pursuit, he feels he was disrespected?

Is this real life?

Lmao ok. They got rejected and now they are coming back to him with their tail between their legs praying he didn't get his feelings hurt. Too late now, they made their bed now gotta lay in it.

• Like 2

People got caught on the semantics.

I haven't seen a report saying Watson outright rejected them, but regardless, I was questioning the timing not that Baker wasn't entitled to feel disrespected.

We all knew Browns were chasing Watson, for some time.

Edited by kramxel

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You mean after they said they were pursuing Watson because they wanted "an adult in the room"? Yeah, hard to imagine why Baker felt disrespected by that.

“We want someone who acts like DeShaun Watson”

• Like 7

Without obviously knowing all of the details, I think both the Browns and Baker look bad here.

Knowing Berry and company, I can't imagine they didn't have a legit plan B if going after Watson didn't work out. It just reeks of Haslam forcing the issue of going after Watson.

As for Baker, I can understand him feeling disrespected, but still. What do you expect the team to do when you've yet to put good back-to-back seasons together? They even supposedly told his agent at the combine that they'd explore top-tier QB options. If you don't like it, play better.

Here’s what happened:

There was no Plan B in place because until 48 hours ago there was no pursuit of Watson because Truckstop Jimmy meddled again, so now the FO is caught with their pants down and it’s not their fault 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You mean after they said they were pursuing Watson because they wanted "an adult in the room"? Yeah, hard to imagine why Baker felt disrespected by that.

My point is Baker has put himself in that situation. Not only because his rollercoaster type of play on the field, but his actions/words and constantly butting heads with members of the team, players and coaching staff off the field.

Baker has had a public issue with all 4 coaches that have been here in CLE. He had 'behind the scenes' issues with Hue/Kitchens/Haley and now more publicly Stefanski.

At some point your going to have to look in the mirror. You cant light a match, burn your fingers because you touched it and then blame the match. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Everyone 72 hours ago: LOL the Browns are stuck with Baker!!!

Everyone today: Hahahaha Browns you’re losing Baker

Like I’ve said, he’s average

Saints fans feel this in their soul.

"Y'all can't win with noodle arm Brees!"

*Brees retires*

"Good luck replacing Drew Brees, cellar dwellers!"

• Like 6