Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

Just now, VegasDan said:

But if we offered him more money ( which I think was foolish) I am fine by all of this.

which brings us to the FF packer forum's favorite debate: do players WANT to play in GB

IN this case.... NO!

Except, do we actually believe the packers offered a better contract?  Or did they agree to say that to save face?

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

It just felt weird after everything else we did. Didn't see it coming at all.

yeah, you really had to be deep in the tea leaves to see this one

Just a case of some really bad reporting on the packers beat IMO.  These reporters are soft, coddle the players for access, and really don't get any access in return.  Good for Davante

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

The only players on this list I’m even remotely interested in would be Crowder, Juju and maybe Watkins. Other that’s it’s a trash heap. 

3463-B48-E-528-A-4-E28-AADC-FD4-C3-E534-

I'd still take a flyer on Julio if he's cheap.

Packers are interested in JuJu according to reports. 

Don't overthink this. Bring back MVS. Big, fast, 27 years old, knows the system.

Bring in proven NFL WR #2 in Juju. Excellent hands - capable of racking up 100+ catch seasons, 25 years old.

Supported by Lazard, 26 years old, solid blocker, excellent hands, reliable 3rd down target.

Cobb in the room as the grizzly veteran and culture guy and there will be a talented high draft pick hanging around learning the ropes.

I think we can survive one season with this make up of players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

which brings us to the FF packer forum's favorite debate: do players WANT to play in GB

IN this case.... NO!

Except, do we actually believe the packers offered a better contract?  Or did they agree to say that to save face?

How could that be perceived as saving face when a player spurns your generous offer?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Don't overthink this. Bring back MVS. Big, fast, 27 years old, knows the system.

Bring in proven NFL WR #2 in Juju. Excellent hands - capable of racking up 100+ catch seasons, 25 years old.

Supported by Lazard, 26 years old, solid blocker, excellent hands, reliable 3rd down target.

Cobb in the room as the grizzly veteran and culture guy and there will be a talented high draft pick hanging around learning the ropes.

Plus any rookie WRs we get next month.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Because of this is an outside shot, it makes the house look much bigger than it actually is. 1100 sg ft? Thats tiny.

That's the price per square foot.

Actually square footage is probably like 10,500 square feet. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

How could that be perceived as saving face when a player spurns your generous offer?

the messaging was - GB made a very good offer, but it was always Davante's dream to play for the raiders.

So he followed his dream (and apparently the tax code)

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Or Sammy Watkins. Whoever is cheaper between him and MVS.

Lazard is a great #4. Above average #4 at least.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I lost faith when I saw that we offered him more money than the Raiders did. Just a terrible business decision to pay a WR almost $30M when you don't have a discount QB.

wouldn't put much of anything into that "report". GB and Davante were each leveraging each other. His agent pretty obviously told the Raiders "so...GB has THIS much on the table". And this agent then has a LOT of motivation to tell the media the same thing to reinforce the leverage he applied to Las Vegas. An agent obviously doesn't want to be thought of as inventing stuff like that.

I very seriously doubt that GB offered more "in good faith" to Davante. All signs point to them using each other as leverage to extract as much as they each could from Las Vegas (in contract numbers and draft picks).

• Like 1