Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

This was best case scenario. I didn’t want my Saints to trade for him but didn’t want to see the sexual predator play the Saints twice a year. He goes to the Browns…and that franchise and the player deserve one another. Feel for the fans…but better you than me

57 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

This was best case scenario. I didn’t want my Saints to trade for him but didn’t want to see the sexual predator play the Saints twice a year. He goes to the Browns…and that franchise and the player deserve one another. Feel for the fans…but better you than me

You feel for the fans? They just got a top 4 Quarterback lol. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

You can’t root for that guy. How can you root for a team if you don’t like their QB. He’s not going to make it through that 5 year contract. 

Counterpoint:

Big Ben just got quite the send off from Pittsburgh 

• Like 2

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

I feel bad for people who whore out basic ethics for a stupid game. 

Me too, but the point remains your comment is not all inclusive or indicative of how many fans will react in the long run. It’s unfortunate but it’s the way it is.

It's getting to the point where it doesn't even matter if another great quarterback goes to the AFC because only so many of them can make the playoffs.  They will all be beating up on each other so some will come out on top and some will miss out.

As others have stated, the astounding thing about this deal is the guaranteed money.  A quarter of a billion dollars can settle a lot of lawsuits.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If all it took was some accusations I would have lied on Tom Brady a long time ago.

But seriously it’s so unclear what’s true or not I think everyone should just wait to see if anything concrete comes out.

There will never be anything that comes from this. Just he said versus 22+ she said. I say 22+ because there are more than 22, but some that didn’t want to come forth for obvious reasons. So you have at least one woman who said the same exact thing happened to them…but isn’t trying to get money from him. Another dropped their claim…which of course doesn’t mean that something inappropriate didn’t happen. You have Watsons lawyer saying that one case was consensual…which is code for, there is evidence in text messages that something happened. People are going to believe what they want to believe…and I believe Watson is sick. I don’t know if he did all of what is claimed, but I personally think it’s illogical to think that at least some of its not true. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

There will never be anything that comes from this. Just he said versus 22+ she said. I say 22+ because there are more than 22, but some that didn’t want to come forth for obvious reasons. So you have at least one woman who said the same exact thing happened to them…but isn’t trying to get money from him. Another dropped their claim…which of course doesn’t mean that something inappropriate didn’t happen. You have Watsons lawyer saying that one case was consensual…which is code for, there is evidence in text messages that something happened. People are going to believe what they want to believe…and I believe Watson is sick. I don’t know if he did all of what is claimed, but I personally think it’s illogical to think that at least some of its not true. 

So yeah we don’t know and most are going to assume one way or the other. It’s best to just keep that internal because I don’t think anyone on either side or on the fence or who couldn’t care less wants to keep debating it or see it debated. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The most mind boggling thing here is that Cleveland not only mortgaged a lot of future in a really good draft Class, but they made sure they had no way out of this contract with Watson if it went sideways...

The Browns traded ONE pick in this ''good'' draft class.