Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

On 6/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, big poppa pump said:

You don't think Buzbee is pulling these women out of the woodwork, and promising them a payday?  That is the real question for me.  Everyone is focussed on the number, and it's obvious Watson was "hoping" to get off in these massages.  There may have been some thoroughly disgusted, and there may have been some willing participants.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't the grand juries be able to see the volume of cases against Watson, and come to a conclusion to indict based on the pattern?  Or in each case, are they not privy to the information of the other cases.  I would think that if they looked at it in its totality, then they might reasonably see a reason to indict?  If they saw all of the evidence in all the cases, and still didn't indict.....then what did they see to cause them to come to that decision?

I get that people are going to continue to look at the # of women (as it continues to grow) but I think a reasonable person would be able to see that the new ones are motivated by money, and not so much "shy" about coming forward initially.

To be clear....creepy behavior isn't rape, and it's not necessarily criminal.  Unfortunately, the attorneys on both sides have had the opportunity to "coach" their clients on what to say.  I think this skews the process, and finding out what actually took place.

My personal opinion is that Watson wanted these massages to turn sexual.  On occasion he would find a willing participant.  When he didn't, he took care of himself in front of them.  Quite disgusting!  IDK how many games that should get a person suspended tbh.  I also don't know how much that should get a person paid, but that's neither here nor there.

Deshaun is the greatest 

Repeat all troubles go away 

Frankly if this guy worked for my company I would fire him and let him try to sue me.

That Mark dude ain’t nobody

I’m betting the league doesn’t want this cloud to stay over them for another year. Half the season. Deshaun comes back and plays then he settles these cases in February once the 2 years for statute of limitations is done. 

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That Mark dude ain’t nobody

I’m betting the league doesn’t want this cloud to stay over them for another year. Half the season. Deshaun comes back and plays then he settles these cases in February once the 2 years for statute of limitations is done. 

It doesn't really work like that. You think if they say he isn't suspended at all that it goes away and everyone is happy? If you're worried about the cloud hanging over this the best way to help the cloud disperse is by handing down a suspension that seems fair. The problem is we've never encountered something like this so who knows what is fair. 2 games per incident? That would be pretty light if it was one incident but it would be 3 seasons with all of the claims against him.

If everyone was confident that everyone who could come forward has I think it would be easier for the league to put a number on it. The last 4 cases added certainly makes this more difficult and then you have to worry about additional cases.

I still think it will be done prior to the start of the season and I originally thought 8 games but now have a hard time seeing it being less than a full season. My guess now would be a full season with an outside chance of 2 seasons dropped to a season and a half with good behavior/counseling.

@Thomas5737

Ain’t no criminally innocent man getting more than a season 

I don’t think the league was naive enough to think after Watson get a 230 million guaranteed contract nobody else was gonna come out. Like cmon that’s not even realistic. None of these women have anything to lose with the civil cases. At this point everything is pointing toward settlement. I don’t think the league will be swayed by that. These cases are 99% never going to see court. These women don’t have to prove anything. Just jump on the ship raise up the number and increase the likeliness of a settlement. 

this is all a PR battle from this point forward. 99% sure nobody sees a courtroom. 

that’s why the league is taking so long now. They want every accuser who could possibly come out to come out before training camp. I 100% think if he was going to get a season he would’ve gotten it already. Why wait so long if you’re going to give him a season anyway. Just doesn’t make sense. You could’ve already moved on. 

The NFLPA would fight back too hard if they handed Watson a year. There’s no basis for it. Especially with all the ownership issues in the league. Naw man just doesn’t compute. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

@Thomas5737

Ain’t no criminally innocent man getting more than a season 

I don’t think the league was naive enough to think after Watson get a 230 million guaranteed contract nobody else was gonna come out. Like cmon that’s not even realistic. None of these women have anything to lose with the civil cases. At this point everything is pointing toward settlement. I don’t think the league will be swayed by that. These cases are 99% never going to see court. These women don’t have to prove anything. Just jump on the ship raise up the number and increase the likeliness of a settlement. 

this is all a PR battle from this point forward. 99% sure nobody sees a courtroom. 

that’s why the league is taking so long now. They want every accuser who could possibly come out to come out before training camp. I 100% think if he was going to get a season he would’ve gotten it already. Why wait so long if you’re going to give him a season anyway. Just doesn’t make sense. You could’ve already moved on. 

The NFLPA would fight back too hard if they handed Watson a year. There’s no basis for it. Especially with all the ownership issues in the league. Naw man just doesn’t compute. 

A settlement in my and many other's opinion admits fault. Ray Lewis settled. Ben settled. If Watson truly did nothing wrong (not just thinking he did nothing wrong but actually did nothing wrong) he wouldn't settle. I agree that he will settle. It's going to be more than 100k per case though. There may be a few that don't settle because they won't agree to him not apologizing and admitting guilt. That's going to be up to them. 

The ownership issues have nothing to do with player misconduct. The owners are the owners of the league and just like any owner of a business you don't have the same rules as employees. It's not fair but if you were an owner I'm sure you'd give yourself a different set of rules than your employees and even if you didn't an owner isn't going to discipline themselves.

The league shouldn't have approved a trade with him in limbo and they shouldn't have approved a contract extension but they did and that is done. Just because they are scummy doesn't mean they will look the other way when players, who are in the public eye, are scummy.

@Thomas5737

buts it’s not the owners deciding. It’s going to be Goodell at the end of the day. And if he gets a year the NFLPA is gonna throw a fit. 

No way Watson wouldn’t settle at this point. Fighting 26 different cases all separately would take years. Even if he’s innocent it’s not going to be worth it. But no point in trying to settle before the suspension is handed down.

im telling you bro league doesn’t want to deal with the NFLPA Backlash. Think about the ramifications for future issues if Watson gets a year. Think about all the future non guilty players that would affect. 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

@Thomas5737

buts it’s not the owners deciding. It’s going to be Goodell at the end of the day. And if he gets a year the NFLPA is gonna throw a fit. 

No way Watson wouldn’t settle at this point. Fighting 26 different cases all separately would take years. Even if he’s innocent it’s not going to be worth it. But no point in trying to settle before the suspension is handed down.

im telling you bro league doesn’t want to deal with the NFLPA Backlash. Think about the ramifications for future issues if Watson gets a year. Think about all the future non guilty players that would affect. 

Goodell is the voice of the owners, you can't just now be learning this.

The NFLPA has no real power. They don't get to make decisions. It's the weakest union in all of sports and by a good margin. NFL careers are too short for the majority of the players in the league to take a stand and miss paychecks. The only way the NFLPA could gain any power is if the league's wealthiest players shared their wealth with the rest of the league and that isn't happening or they'd be doing it already.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Goodell is the voice of the owners, you can't just now be learning this.

The NFLPA has no real power. They don't get to make decisions. It's the weakest union in all of sports and by a good margin. NFL careers are too short for the majority of the players in the league to take a stand and miss paychecks. The only way the NFLPA could gain any power is if the league's wealthiest players shared their wealth with the rest of the league and that isn't happening or they'd be doing it already.

He’s not just the voice of the owners, they’re the ones who pay his salary.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s not just the voice of the owners, they’re the ones who pay his salary.

Yeah, they pay him handsomely to do what they want. They are his bosses. He takes a lot of the heat but is well compensated for it.

• Like 1