Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So stop posting about needing or wanting that stud, it's not happening because he's not for sale. We're actually getting what you really want I would imagine, a balanced attack running through multiple options.

I've been calling for a more balanced passing attack for a long time. There should be no "I image this is what you want" about it.

Apparently we're laying the imbalance all off AR and determining Lazard the second coming because his individual metics are through the roof - even though - those metrics were achieved with Davante on the field and against CB 2 or below coverage. I dont know exactly.

Fine. I want nothing more than Lazard to BLOW UP production-wise. I wish no player ill. Hell - I was pulling for EQ to regain his rookie promise all thru his time here. I dont "give up" on players - but in our "All In" situation, do I feel comfortable relying on that step up?

I'll wish for the best.

As stated directly, this is what I want: "draft a guy as high as possible to MAXIMIZE the available skill set in this draft"

I defer to everybody's opinion on the talent in this draft. I dont watch college ball and I've no need to seem an expert on matters I dont actually have a feel for. Hence, my prodding you on (and others) for talent evals.

But Lazard I've seen...........

So - are you saying there's nothing but WR2 and below talent in this draft? You seem to have evolved on Lazard yourself - slowly inching him up to WR1 status. Not sure if thats because you actually see the skill set - or are resigning yourself to available talent pool.

Which is it?

Edited by Leader

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

qhU2cl0.png

Let's talk about that 49ers game:

w7KmluK.jpg

This went to Davante up top and not Lazard on the bottom. 

yu4pEIh.jpg

Davante is going to get a catch and some yards here. No chance Lazard makes this play. Could never happen.

nyrDcTy.jpg

This ended up being a checkdown for a gain of practically nothing rather than a first down and a big gain to Lazard.

rNypfr4.jpg

This ended up being the deep ball to Jones, but Lazard was also open here.

zmw8imK.jpg

Rodgers just flat misses this. Lazard open going deep. Adams was open too, but Lazard is open deep.

coetFeT.jpg

Both Adams and Lazard are open, Lazard moreso than Adams, but Adams gets the target.

e2vCATi.jpg

Why throw to a wide open Lazard when you can force a 50/50 ball to a double covered Davante?

Bc5Nd3K.jpg

This went to Cobb for some reason. This didn't have to go to Lazard, but it sure should have gone to Deguara before Cobb.

WWQuub8.jpg

This is the end of the game. It's been talked about ad nauseum. Why go to Lazard when you can force one to Davante in double coverage

Don't want it getting paged

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've been calling for a more balanced passing attack for a long time. There should be no "I image this is what you want" about it.

Apparently we're laying the imbalance all off AR and determining Lazard the second coming because his individual metics are through the roof - even though - those metrics were achieved with Davante on the field and against CB 2 or below coverage. I dont know exactly.

Fine. I want nothing more than Lazard to BLOW UP production-wise. I wish no player ill. Hell - I was pulling for EQ to regain his rookie promise all thru his time here. I dont "give up" on players - but in our "All In" situation, do I feel comfortable relying on that step up?

I'll wish for the best.

As stated directly, this is what I want: "draft a guy as high as possible to MAXIMIZE the available skill set in this draft"

I defer to everybody's opinion on the talent in this draft. I dont watch college ball and I've no need to seem an expert on matters I dont actually have a feel for. Hence, my prodding you on (and others) for talent evals.

But Lazard I've seen...........

So - are you saying there's nothing but WR2 and below talent in this draft? You seem to have evolved on Lazard yourself - slowly inching him up to WR1 status. Not sure if thats because you actually see the skill set - or are resigning yourself to available talent pool.

Which is it?

You seem to want a stud and a balanced passing attack, which doesn't really coexist. You hear about the leagues best passing attacks, LAR, KC, they really aren't balanced, Kupp and Hill get big time target share. TB has a more balanced attack, but they have so many mouths to feed that they never run the football, and I think we can agree that the answer isn't that.

This draft doesn't have a stud I don't think. There are guys like Christian Watson who I think ooze so much potential, but they're more like Adams/Jordy types that aren't going to come in and be Justin Jefferson as a rookie.

If you want early production, I think you're rooting for Olave and Wilson as pure receivers. I think their ceilings cap more in the Thielen, Woods, Lockett, Godwin range. Great #2's who can easily be good #1's. 

Burks and Dotson I think are pro ready to get them manufactured touches, I'm not sure Dotson is strong enough to win at the line, and I'm not sure Burks is polished enough as a route runner to give you immediate receiving impact, but screens, sweeps, occasional shot plays I think they're ready.

Jameson Williams, Drake London, Christian Watson, John Metchie, I think you're redshirting those guys.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You seem to want a stud and a balanced passing attack, which doesn't really coexist. You hear about the leagues best passing attacks, LAR, KC, they really aren't balanced, Kupp and Hill get big time target share. TB has a more balanced attack, but they have so many mouths to feed that they never run the football, and I think we can agree that the answer isn't that.

This draft doesn't have a stud I don't think. There are guys like Christian Watson who I think ooze so much potential, but they're more like Adams/Jordy types that aren't going to come in and be Justin Jefferson as a rookie.

If you want early production, I think you're rooting for Olave and Wilson as pure receivers. I think their ceilings cap more in the Thielen, Woods, Lockett, Godwin range. Great #2's who can easily be good #1's. 

Burks and Dotson I think are pro ready to get them manufactured touches, I'm not sure Dotson is strong enough to win at the line, and I'm not sure Burks is polished enough as a route runner to give you immediate receiving impact, but screens, sweeps, occasional shot plays I think they're ready.

Jameson Williams, Drake London, Christian Watson, John Metchie, I think you're redshirting those guys.

There ya go. Thanks for that. All I ask is we draft a year one contributor. As talented as possible. A play maker. 

If Lazard's gonna step up into the #2 role - fine - he's gonna need somebody on the other side to make some plays.

I guess my question is this: How do you divide up Davante's 10 targets and 100 receiving yards per game?

Lazard probably bumps 3 targets/30 yards

Amari gets a 1.5/10 yards

Cobb is either the same or falls off due to age

MVS gets 2 targets/20 yards

Tonyan gets 2 targets and 20 yards per game increase. Probably a lot to ask from a guy off injury

You still need a draft pick to pick up 1.5 targets, 20 yards per game. Plus anything lost to injuries. IMO, you still need some immediate contributions from WR/TE, which justifies at least a mid round pick. One thing's for sure, this team wants to (or maybe has to) move toward the New England mindset of spreading the ball around more.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Pickens has the natural talent to come in and play immediately. Dude is just an insane player. Only reason he's so far down the list for draftniks is because of his limited time playing since the ACL. Think he goes way higher than they project.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

I guess my question is this: How do you divide up Davante's 10 targets and 100 receiving yards per game?

Lazard probably bumps 3 targets/30 yards

Amari gets a 1.5/10 yards

Cobb is either the same or falls off due to age

MVS gets 2 targets/20 yards

Tonyan gets 2 targets and 20 yards per game increase. Probably a lot to ask from a guy off injury

You still need a draft pick to pick up 1.5 targets, 20 yards per game. Plus anything lost to injuries. IMO, you still need some immediate contributions from WR/TE, which justifies at least a mid round pick. One thing's for sure, this team wants to (or maybe has to) move toward the New England mindset of spreading the ball around more.

What about an increase in run attempts? 

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.

It is going to be tough to move on from Adams, but the GB offense under MLF the last 3 years is 7-0 without Adams.   Yes it is a small sample size.  Could it have issues in the post season, that we don't know.

Rodgers without Adams in the last 3 years

Passing
  Cmp Att Yds TD Int Sk Yds Lng Rate
2021 vs ARI 22 37 184 2 0 1 0 33 90.4
2020 vs NO 21 32 283 3 0 1 12 72 124.9
2020 vs ATL 27 33 327 4 0 1 12 29 147.5
2019 vs DAL 22 34 238 0 0 2 23 23 85.2
2019 vs DET 24 39 283 2 1 1 6 46 90
2019 vs OAK 25 31 429 5 0 1 8 74 158.3
2019 vs KC 23 33 305 3 0 5 49 67 129

ARI was 7-0 entering that game.  finished as a playoff team
NO was 1-1 entering that game and finished 12-4 as a division winner and playoff team
ATL was crap
DAL was 3-1 entering that game, finished 8-8
DET was 2-1-1 entering the game and was bad 
OAK was 3-2 entering the game and finished 7-9
KC was 5-2 entering the game and finished 12-4 as a division winner and SB Champ

Pretty balanced representation of an overall schedule.  2 division winners, 1 playoff team, 2 playoff contenders, 2 crap teams.  

Whilst agreed in principle, the worry would be in those games from memory they seemed to have a specific game plan. For example against Arizona, Jones became the main receiving target. Suspect we worked harder on the game plan but not sure how sustainable it is. I think Rodgers will be better spreading it about but some concern, teams will be able to shut it down if keep on trying to scheme around lack of quality at receiver.

Re Lazard, his stats are great but he was almost certainly seen as a limited threat by defences - he deserves some upgrade in targets but again danger he will be out of his depth if teams respect him more.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is the end of the game. It's been talked about ad nauseum. Why go to Lazard when you can force one to Davante in double coverage

Halting the Rodgers bashing for a second.

Was there a definitive conclusion re what actually happened here. It seemed very strange in real time. We snapped the ball quickly and he threw deep into double coverage so at the time assumed he had caught them 12 men.  Just very strange and completely out of character for a risk averse QB.  Just a misread ?   Did he think he had caught them for a penalty ? was there ever an explanation ?  he must have seen something

Or did he just lose his head.  Its perfectly possible he just lost his head, he's human and we all lose it occasionally I guess. 

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Pickens has the natural talent to come in and play immediately. Dude is just an insane player. Only reason he's so far down the list for draftniks is because of his limited time playing since the ACL. Think he goes way higher than they project.

TDN:

George Pickens is a very good athlete with downfield speed, agility, and body control. In the run game, he doesn’t provide much in terms of stalk blocking. Due to his wiry frame, he can be out-physical’d by stronger DBs who are defending the run. It’s in the passing game where he excels. He is sudden off the line of scrimmage and quickly closes the DB’s cushion. He is fluid and shows good body control as a route-runner, easily attacking leverage against man coverage. He has a very good catch radius and shows tremendous athleticism to contort his body and make difficult catches on off-target throws. He is a natural hands-catcher with strong mitts who easily catches the ball away from his body. He is a matchup problem in slant/fade situations. He can defeat press with foot quickness but will need to add mass, bulk, and upper-body strength to his wiry frame in order to play through physicality in the NFL. Because he is lean and there have been injury concerns in his past, this could affect the projection to the next level. So while the grade is reflective of the talent level, there are other factors that could factor into his projection. Ultimately, he has redeeming value in his athleticism, agility, and catch radius. 

Ideal Role: Perimeter WR

Scheme Fit: Downfield passing offense

• Like 1