Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure saying he's an average WR with limited upside is "dogging" him.

Ummm do you disagree or are you ready to put Lazard in the HOF too?  I like Lazard just fine but comparing him to Davante is ridiculous.  It just is.  He's a average #2 at best and a decent #3 receiver.  Pretty much where I have him pegged.  We'll see how much separation Lazard can get without Adams drawing double and triple coverage. 

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Ummm do you disagree or are you ready to put Lazard in the HOF too?  I like Lazard just fine but comparing him to Davante is ridiculous.  It just is.  He's a average #2 at best and a decent #3 receiver.  Pretty much where I have him pegged.  We'll see how much separation Lazard can get without Adams drawing double and triple coverage. 

Can there not be a medium ground?  And nobody is comparing him to Davante, so give it a rest.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Speed:

Player A: 6'4-5/8, 227lbs, 4.55 40, 1.58 10-split, 17 bench reps, 38" vertical, 122" broad

Player B: 6'0-5/8, 212lbs, 4.56 40, 1.64 10-split, 14 bench reps, 39.5" vertical, 123" broad

One of these guys just got traded to the Raiders. The other is apparently too slow.

Elusiveness:

YAC/R 2020-2021

Player A: 4.97

Player B: 5.0

Dynamic Plays:

Y/Reception 2020-2021

Player A: 13.2

Player B: 12.3

First Down % 2020-2021

Player A: 69.8%

Player B: 66%

TD % 2020-2021

Player A: 15.1%

Player B: 12.1%

Hands:

Drop % 2021

Player A: 1.7

Player B: 1.8

Passer Rating Targeted 2021:

Player A: 132.8

Player B: 115.3

Every measure of Allen Lazard from an efficiency standpoint is on par with Davante Adams. Obviously some of that efficiency will drop off as it's scaled up to more volume, but to say that there is no reason Allen Lazard shouldn't be in line to get more targets is just crazy. 

33 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Is that enough?  Then you proceed to compare Allen Lazard to Davante Adams.  Stats and measurables.  Please.  And no Allen Lazard is not a #1 receiver.  I like him just fine but no sorry he's just not.  As far as height and speed yah fine he's not slow but he's not fast either.  Big dude and a good blocker.  

OK so what separates Davante and Lazard?  Route running, and FOOT speed.  Davante's release off the line is one of the best in all of the NFL. To compare the two is ridiculous. MVS is not back on the roster.  He's still a FA.  He has him resigned but that is no guarantee either.  6 receivers  is totally reasonable.  

Gute is going to take multiple receivers in this draft.   At least 2 but probably 3.  Not all picks are guaranteed to work out so you take multiple bites of the apple to increase your odds of hitting.  This position has to be fixed but yet you have been debating this whole thread that is doesn't.  

Maybe I'll do a mock at some point.  This is not a bad effort although I really don't like any available FA receivers.  MVS maybe if the price is right.  He has a role but is far from a complete receiver.  

Right now we have what?  Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Amari Rodgers, Juwann Winfree.  That's a scary bunch.  Only 2 guys are locks.  Cobb and Lazard.  Amari hasn't shown squat yet.  We don't know what he is.  Maybe he comes on in year 2 or maybe he busts. 

Gute is going to spend resources to rebuild the WR room believe it.  Guessing we'll see 3 drafted this year.  Probably a low level FA that isn't on anyone's radar. Know we have other needs but losing Adams has changed things.  This is a huge loss that won't be easy to overcome.   

1. No, that's not enough. It doesn't say anything about the point you're accusing me of making. In case you forgot, that point was that WR wasn't a position of need.

2. The stats and measurables were brought up in response to a comment about how there was no argument that an athletically limited player like Lazard could possibly be a #1 receiver. At no point was I saying that Lazard was as good of a receiver as Davante. I was pointing out how there's not really an argument that he's a lesser athlete than Davante and that his efficiency metrics are on par, at far lesser volume. 

3. "He has him resigned, but that's no guarantee either" . . . I know you're not this dim. I know that you know how a hypothetical works. 

4. Foot Speed does not separate Lazard and Davante. They are about as similar foot died wise as it's possible for 2 WRs to be. 

5. I have not been debating this whole thread that nothing should be done, but there's an entire world of difference between "Sign MVS, Sign Julio Jones, and Use a first round draft pick" and "do nothing."

6. 6 receivers when none of them play special teams is excessive. 

Just did it again.  Trying to compare Adams to Lazard.  Your take that WR is not a position of need is absolutely ridiculous.   You might be the only one on this forum that's thinks that.  Absolutely Adams has much quicker feet than Lazard.  Do you even watch these guys or hide behind stats.  

As far as point #3 I don't know what you are talking about there.  Amari?  He's not a lock to make the roster that's my take.  We lost Adams, ESB, and MVS is still a FA and you still insist WR is not a position of need? Just saying you are wrong.  But whatever not the first time and you'll see when Gute gets aggressive in rebuilding the WR room.  You'll see 2-3 WR's in the draft and possibly a FA to boot.  

We have other needs DL,OL, ILB, Edge, and TE.  No doubt but WR is at the top of my list after losing Adams. 

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1