Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

In that scenario, I'm just staying at 22 and picking Olave. I'm perfectly fine giving up one of the 2nd rounders to land Johnson and Olave in the first. Use the remaining 2nd rounder on the best DL or OL available the then counter in the 3rd with the other. 

That puts you in a really bad spot on the DL. 

We basically end up overpaying Lowry again. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That puts you in a really bad spot on the DL. 

We basically end up overpaying Lowry again. 

I'm not worried about 2023. We have 1-2 years left with Rodgers. I want to draft a rookie WR I know can play and contribute this year. Our DL will get by with Clark/Lowry - one DL in the 2nd/3rd round. I'm not going into the season with Lazard/MVS/some 3rd round developmental player. I think that's suicide but that's just me. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not worried about 2023. We have 1-2 years left with Rodgers. I want to draft a rookie WR I know can play and contribute this year. Our DL will get by with Clark/Lowry - one DL in the 2nd/3rd round. I'm not going into the season with Lazard/MVS/some 3rd round developmental player. I think that's suicide but that's just me. 

Then why is Cobb here? 

I want WR/pass catcher talent, but Kicking the can on the D line again isn't smart. Kenny goes does and the defense is screwed. Especially with a seeming lack of EDGE depth too.

A lot of FA IDL that can help us this year.  Hicks, Goldman, Richardson etc.   Really would rather fill this hole using FA's.  Wouldn't mind getting a DL in the draft if a good one falls.  Position is thin and they will be over drafted i suspect.  Opposite of WR which is relatively deep and the FA market sucks.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want WR/pass catcher talent, but Kicking the can on the D line again isn't smart. Kenny goes does and the defense is screwed. Especially with a seeming lack of EDGE depth too.

You want immediate DL help, you're probably looking for a FA anyways. DL usually take time to develop so even if we get a guy in the 2nd, who knows how much of an impact he's going to have right away. Unless you're getting a top 15 DL, I don't see much of a difference in the DL being drafted between 30 and 90 in this draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You want immediate DL help, you're probably looking for a FA anyways. DL usually take time to develop so even if we get a guy in the 2nd, who knows how much of an impact he's going to have right away. Unless you're getting a top 15 DL, I don't see much of a difference in the DL being drafted between 30 and 90 in this draft. 

Where’d we get Kenny?

I would welcome free agency as well though.

Edited by Arthur Penske

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

A lot of FA IDL that can help us this year.  Hicks, Goldman, Richardson etc.   Really would rather fill this hole using FA's.  Wouldn't mind getting a DL in the draft if a good one falls.  Position is thin and they will be over drafted i suspect.  Opposite of WR which is relatively deep and the FA market sucks.  

Hicks turns 33 this season, and is a shell of his former self.

Goldman has 8.5 sacks the last 5 years. 

We would be Sheldon Richardson's 6th team in the last 7 years. He will turn 32 years old this year. And he's not an improvement over Lowry. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Jameson Williams is going to go in the 1st round. I'd be shocked if a guy with that kind of raw speed lasted to pick 40 even.

Yah, but I got to choose, so I'll choose to believe that his injury takes him into the second round.

If it weren't for the injury, I think he's WR#1 in this draft.

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hicks turns 33 this season, and is a shell of his former self.

Goldman has 8.5 sacks the last 5 years. 

We would be Sheldon Richardson's 6th team in the last 7 years. He will turn 32 years old this year. And he's not an improvement over Lowry. 

Any one of those guys is better than Lancaster.  Looking at a short window here.  Hicks can still bring it he played well last year but would have to put him on a snap count.  I love that guy. Goldman is solid.  Richardson yah but again he's better than what we have.  Our DL is pretty weak and has been for sometime.  We need DL and WR.  I'd go FA with DL and draft WR.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/defensive-tackle/available/

Vernon Butler is another one.  Go down the list tell me who you like...

Edited by Scoremore

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Any one of those guys is better than Lancaster.  Looking at a short window here.  Hicks can still bring it he played well last year but would have to put him on a snap count.  I love that guy. Goldman is solid.  Richardson yah but again he's better than what we have.  Our DL is pretty weak and has been for sometime.  We need DL and WR.  I'd go FA with DL and draft WR.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/defensive-tackle/available/

Vernon Butler is another one.  Go down the list tell me who you like...

We have Slaton, who better be better than Lancaster this year. We have fatties. We need pass rush. 

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We have Slaton, who better be better than Lancaster this year. We have fatties. We need pass rush. 

I don't see us drafting a DL that can give us the pass rush you are looking for. 

Between Gary, Smith, Clark and Lowry, you should get a combined 25-30 sacks based on them replicating past performances over the last 2 years. Add in Mercilus as depth and draft an edge rusher in the first 3 picks and we should have enough pass rush especially with the secondary we have.