Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

3 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

I say this every year but I would like to see someone with length on the inside. Someone in the mold of Chris Jones, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox, Calais Campbell, Deforest Buckner, Cam Heyward/Tuitt. Those guys aren't all exactly the same player but really want a long 5-tech who can slide over to 3-tech and get penetration. Just my opinion but I think the main factor in a lot of dominate 3-4 defenses is a penetrating 3-4 End. I love Clark and he is an awesome penetrating guy but doesn't necessarily have the length and pass rush I am talking about; just imagine putting a guy next to him that has double digit sack potential. Would also make our EDGE players better. 

Tweener guys do worry me some but a guy like Zadarius Smith who could stand up and do well with his hand in the dirt would be welcome. Not sure if a guy like Cam Jordan is considered a tweener but someone in that sense. 

Even bigger guys who can move like a Haloti Nagata or Akeem Hicks(I guess Jordan Davis would be that guy); I think of how dominate Justin Smith was for the 49ers, Richard Seymour for the Pats(not long per se), a young Muhammad Wilkerson, etc. I have wanted a guy like that for the last decade and the thought of pairing Clark with a guy like that would have the biggest trickle down effect on other positions. 

The question is - who is like that in this draft that we can reasonably draft? One of the big boys from Georgia could conceivably drop within range, but I don't think we give up the capital to move up to where we'll need to go to take one.

19 hours ago, R T said:

I keep reading this comment over again and still don't get the point you were trying to make pertaining to my comment. 

All I'm saying is that I'd temper your expectations about a significant move up the board.  The Packers have moved up in the first round three times under Gute (2018 with Jaire Alexander, 2019 for Darnell Savage, and 2020 for Jordan Love).  In the Jaire trade up, the Packers gave up a 3rd and 6th round pick to move up 9 slots and "lost" the trade by roughly a late 6th round pick.  In the Savage trade up, the Packers dealt a pair of 4th round picks to move up from 30 to 21 and "winning" the trade by roughly a mid-4th round pick.  In the Jordan Love trade, the Packers used a 4th round pick to move from 30 to 26 and "winning" the trade by roughly an early 5th round pick.  All three times have been at the expense of a team with limited draft capital.  The Raiders' FRP plus our 3rd gets us to ~18, while that Raiders' pick and our pair of 4ths gets us to ~20.  So you're probably talking about that 16-20 range as far as trade ups go.  The Chargers are the only team that is missing any draft picks in the top 96.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:10 PM, Scoremore said:

Any one of those guys is better than Lancaster.  Looking at a short window here.  Hicks can still bring it he played well last year but would have to put him on a snap count.  I love that guy. Goldman is solid.  Richardson yah but again he's better than what we have.  Our DL is pretty weak and has been for sometime.  We need DL and WR.  I'd go FA with DL and draft WR.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/defensive-tackle/available/

Vernon Butler is another one.  Go down the list tell me who you like...

So guess they like Reed.  DL in FA yep...just glad we got some help. 

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

All I'm saying is that I'd temper your expectations about a significant move up the board.  The Packers have moved up in the first round three times under Gute (2018 with Jaire Alexander, 2019 for Darnell Savage, and 2020 for Jordan Love).  In the Jaire trade up, the Packers gave up a 3rd and 6th round pick to move up 9 slots and "lost" the trade by roughly a late 6th round pick.  In the Savage trade up, the Packers dealt a pair of 4th round picks to move up from 30 to 21 and "winning" the trade by roughly a mid-4th round pick.  In the Jordan Love trade, the Packers used a 4th round pick to move from 30 to 26 and "winning" the trade by roughly an early 5th round pick.  All three times have been at the expense of a team with limited draft capital.  The Raiders' FRP plus our 3rd gets us to ~18, while that Raiders' pick and our pair of 4ths gets us to ~20.  So you're probably talking about that 16-20 range as far as trade ups go.  The Chargers are the only team that is missing any draft picks in the top 96.

Once again, I no idea why you have jumped to this conclusion. You may want to go back and re-read my comment. Also, most well everyone knows how draft trades work and what the value chart is, along with Gutes trade history. It's not classified information. 

11 minutes ago, R T said:

Once again, I no idea why you have jumped to this conclusion. You may want to go back and re-read my comment. Also, most well everyone knows how draft trades work and what the value chart is, along with Gutes trade history. It's not classified information. 

Just make fun of his intelligence and move I do RT. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, R T said:

The original comment was @packfanfb talking about that if the Packers wanted someone like Travon Walker, they'd likely need to move up quite a bit to draft him.  You responded with the fact that the Packers have the ammunition and Gute has shown the willingness to trade up.  I merely responded that Gute has really only "half-heartedly" moved up the board.  If you don't like someone piggy backing off your comment, you're probably in the wrong place.

21 hours ago, Sandy said:

The question is - who is like that in this draft that we can reasonably draft? One of the big boys from Georgia could conceivably drop within range, but I don't think we give up the capital to move up to where we'll need to go to take one.

Not sure honestly, I don't keep up with the draft like I used to. From the little I have seen, I haven't necessarily seen thalong 6'5 315 pass rushing 5-tech type of player. I remember wanting Jerry Tillery the year we drafted Gary, seems like that ended up working out for us. Jordan Davis is intriguing, just a massive guy who is extremely athletic, you would hope he could be that Haloti Nagata type guy; which is tough to put on a guy since that type of player is rare. My only concern with him would be health long term being that big.