Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

What team does Baker Mayfield go to and for how much?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What team will trade for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats the Browns cap look like after Watsons incoming salary + Bakers departure. I saw we were looking into signing Clowney for 12M a year + they still have Ward. Is that even possible.

Maybe 25 million?

Not really sure. If I'm reading it right Watson will count for 10 million this year. So an average of 55 million per season the following 4 years. I think it's low this year for wiggle room but mostly to protect Watson's money, his suspension will be this year and he won't lose much compared to if it was equally distributed.

49 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe 25 million?

Not really sure. If I'm reading it right Watson will count for 10 million this year. So an average of 55 million per season the following 4 years. I think it's low this year for wiggle room but mostly to protect Watson's money, his suspension will be this year and he won't lose much compared to if it was equally distributed.

Interesting....I know they have had bigger fish to fry in the last few days, but I would really like Ward to get his deal done next. He got told to wait last year and the Browns have already made a flurry of moves in FA.

So when is it his turn?

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Interesting....I know they have had bigger fish to fry in the last few days, but I would really like Ward to get his deal done next. He got told to wait last year and the Browns have already made a flurry of moves in FA.

So when is it his turn?

Hard telling. We're probably at around 100 million in 2023 for Watson, Garrett and Cooper. Add in Bitonio, Teller, Johnson and Chubb and we're at like 160 million.

I'm not saying we can't sign Ward but it will take some sacrifices. Probably nothing splashy in free agency for a few years and will need to use the draft (accumulate picks somehow) to find starters at some positions.

There is the chance we don't want to take on an additional big salary and do something with him but I doubt the F.O. really even knows what their gameplan is yet.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hard telling. We're probably at around 100 million in 2023 for Watson, Garrett and Cooper. Add in Bitonio, Teller, Johnson and Chubb and we're at like 160 million.

I'm not saying we can't sign Ward but it will take some sacrifices. Probably nothing splashy in free agency for a few years and will need to use the draft (accumulate picks somehow) to find starters at some positions.

There is the chance we don't want to take on an additional big salary and do something with him but I doubt the F.O. really even knows what their gameplan is yet.

Welp....worked for the Rams lol So we have that, I guess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The thing people gotta factor in is we won’t have to pay a first round pick for the next 3 years. I think that what allows us to keep Denzel. We’ll have a few more extra millions than a we otherwise would have. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

The thing people gotta factor in is we won’t have to pay a first round pick for the next 3 years. I think that what allows us to keep Denzel. We’ll have a few more extra millions than a we otherwise would have. 

1st round picks are cheap though these days with the rookie caps, not like years of old. But yeah, it helps

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

If we aren’t going to resign Denzel (and I definitely want us to), ship him and recoup at least a first). He’d fetch that. Don’t just let him walk next year for a future comp pick. He has too much value.

tagged next year, we have no other candidates for it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

tagged next year, we have no other candidates for it. 

Think that’s likely. And if we can’t swing the long-term deal I could still see a trade on the tag. Only way it backfires could be if he has an injury plagued year and the value goes down. He’s too good to dismiss though.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Think that’s likely. And if we can’t swing the long-term deal I could still see a trade on the tag. Only way it backfires could be if he has an injury plagued year and the value goes down. He’s too good to dismiss though.

Tag will be cheaper than his going rate of 80% of the top 5 players.

• Like 1

I think he goes to Colts or Seattle. What we get for him depends on how many true bidders there are that AB can play off each other, but I think a 2nd is best case scenario, 3rd is more likely, but a 4th isn't out of the realm of possibility. We're not negotiating from a position of strength.