Where does Baker Mayfield get traded to and how much does he go for? !Poll!

brownie man

Where does Baker get trade to and how much does he go for?   

162 members have voted

1. 1. What team trades for Baker?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Detroit Lions
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Giants are going DB, because there is more to football than QB and OL.

...and they picked up Daniel's option I believe, right? Or at least gave him the "vote of confidence" for this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...and they picked up Daniel's option I believe, right? Or at least gave him the "vote of confidence" for this year.

Exactly - they can’t just get out of that deal, trading for Mayfield would put NYG in the exact same position that Cleveland is in right now (without Deshaun Watson, mind you).

Mayfield’s best chance at playing this year is if someone gets hurt in training camp. It’s also the best situation for the Browns, as it inflates Mayfield’s value a bit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Daniel Jones wins more games then 

Mayfield 

Yes.

9 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok Pickett wins more games then Mayfield

Yes.

Just now, ET80 said:

Exactly - they can’t just get out of that deal, trading for Mayfield would put NYG in the exact same position that Cleveland is in right now (without Deshaun Watson, mind you).

Mayfield’s best chance at playing this year is if someone gets hurt in training camp. 

TBH, I think even the Browns know this. They weren't going to trade Baker before acquiring Watson, which also did a few things:

1. Made the owners SUPER MAD about the guaranteed money

2. It gave those other teams time to sort out their QB dilemmas (Colts, Saints, Falcons)

3. Now, it's become a waiting game for them to get maximum value from a team like Seattle, who I'd imagine won't try to tank, as opposed to some of those other teams. Factor in teams who are strapped with deals like Carolina and Darnold, Detroit and Goff, or the fact that Houston wouldn't take Baker, and that really leaves things in limbo until after draft day IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, I think even the Browns know this. They weren't going to trade Baker before acquiring Watson, which also did a few things:

1. Made the owners SUPER MAD about the guaranteed money

2. It gave those other teams time to sort out their QB dilemmas (Colts, Saints, Falcons)

3. Now, it's become a waiting game for them to get maximum value from a team like Seattle, who I'd imagine won't try to tank, as opposed to some of those other teams. Factor in teams who are strapped with deals like Carolina and Darnold, Detroit and Goff, or the fact that Houston wouldn't take Baker, and that really leaves things in limbo until after draft day IMO.

Excellent post.

Thank you.

My view of those teams if they do not trade

For Mayfield is that they are tanking for the next round of qb.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Mayfield’s best chance at playing this year is if someone gets hurt in training camp. It’s also the best situation for the Browns, as it inflates Mayfield’s value a bit.

I still think it's Seattle, though otherwise I agree. I think Seattle and Cleveland are probably taking their time arguing about how much the Browns will eat financially. I doubt the compensation is a ton to haggle over. 

The problem with waiting for the injury is that is that by then Jimmy G is also available (and healthy) which may be a problem to solve that one open spot. The 49ers have the option to cut Jimmy pretty much whenever once he starts throwing...they'll wait until the last moment to do so, of course...but a team can simply wait the 49ers out or send them a lowball offer as well. But it'll definitely be a buyers market. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What about the Texans?  He’s a nice upgrade over Mills and he’s originally from Texas.  Not that he’d want to go to that organization lol. But he’d start day 1. 

Yet it didn’t happen as part of the Watson trade but I thought it could’ve been mutually beneficial. 

Edited by thrILL!

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

What about the Texans?  He’s a nice upgrade over Mills and he’s originally from Texas.  Not that he’d want to go to that organization lol. But he’d start day 1. 

I can't say for sure that he's an upgrade over Mills. Mills has a very, very limited sample size (including college). Improvement is to be expected; it's about finding out how much he's going to improve and there's more value in trying to figure that out with Mills than trading for Baker. Nobody should be viewing Baker as a long term solution at this point. Mills still could be. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Yet it didn’t happen as part of the Watson trade but I thought it could’ve been mutually beneficial. 

I think the Texans FO is very high on Mills - they continually refer to a few games he had towards the end of last season (Chargers, Titans) as progression, and want to see what he could do as the unquestioned starter.

Odds are it’s not going to work out, but with two picks in next draft, the ammo is there to get whoever they feel is the QBOTF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Just being on the common ground with everyone else they say Mayfield is responsible for the wins and losses with

The coach with the worst winning percentage 

Even during those years Mayfield beat

Allen and deshaun by a huge margin

And they both went to teams already

Close to the playoffs. 

Besides why don't you say the Browns are going to win 13 games this year if Deshaun is the answer .

I'll tell you why deshaun will get beat by Burrows,lamar,and Brady 

Deshaun Watson is a much more dynamic player than Baker, you have to take the context of their situations into account. Which is why the Rams just gave up Jared Goff plus multiple first round picks for Stafford despite the fact that Goff had just won a playoff game and led them to the Super Bowl, lol.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that he ultimately gets moved to Seattle on draft day if they don't take a QB early. 

To me the biggest reason Mayfield does not get treated or released is Because they do not want to see Mayfield in a Pittsburgh jersey 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd guess that he ultimately gets moved to Seattle on draft day if they don't take a QB early. 

Seattle is really the last destination that truly makes sense to me. I'd have believed in ATL a bit more if they didn't sign Mariota.

TBH I am somewhat surprised Houston didn't kick the tires with him being a Texas kid.