Justice League

Acgott

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean, this is supposed to be a Comic Book movie right?

But its also a live action movie.

Like I said, I like alot of it, but everything in the red sky setting looks a little off to me....like pretty much everything is CG, and when so much CG is mixed with live action actors, it always looks a bit odd.

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

But its also a live action movie.

Like I said, I like alot of it, but everything in the red sky setting looks a little off to me....like pretty much everything is CG, and when so much CG is mixed with live action actors, it always looks a bit odd.

Yes, again, its an entirely separate world we are looking at. Of course it doesnt look like the natural world we are used to.

I went and re-watched it, it doesnt look any worse than all of the arena shots with Hulk and Thor, or the entire team on the bifrost/on Sakar in the Ragnarok trailers. Or the Mirror New York/other trippy stuff in Doctor Strange. Those are other worldly scenes (Just like the Red-Skies scences, not to mention the purple stuff as well) and I havent heard a single word about them.....

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yes, again, its an entirely separate world we are looking at. Of course it doesnt look like the natural world we are used to.

I went and re-watched it, it doesnt look any worse that all of the arena shots with Hulk and Thor, or the entire team on the bifrost/on Sakar in the Ragnarok trailers. Or the Mirror New York or the other trippy stuff in Doctor Strange. Those are other worldly scenes (Just like the Red-Skies scences, not to mention the purple stuff as well) and I havent heard a single word about them.....

Oh, I agree with that.   For all of the slobbering people do with Marvel (and this is coming from someone who really likes most of the Marvel movies), they have had plenty of their own mediocre CG....but I think Zack Snyder's aesthetic has kind of gotten a little old.   He puts that comic book filter over everything.

Again, it wont ruin my enjoyment of the movie if everything else is done well, but I still think it looks off.  

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Oh, I agree with that.   For all of the slobbering people do with Marvel (and this is coming from someone who really likes most of the Marvel movies), they have had plenty of their own mediocre CG....but I think Zack Snyder's aesthetic has kind of gotten a little old.   He puts that comic book filter over everything.

Again, it wont ruin my enjoyment of the movie if everything else is done well, but I still think it looks off.  

Alright, that is a fair criticism. But they were stuck with him at the helm here, and we all knew that. But this is the last one, and it seems like it will be slowly phased out. We got alittle bit on Wonder Woman, but it is the DC look right now (Marvel has done the common look with all their films until recently it has been lessened) so it would be startling if it was suddenly just completely gone.

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You have NO IDEA what his role in this film will be. Literally zero. So to already make a judgement on what he does/doesn't do or how he impacts the film right now is just ridiculous. And his return (that we are all expecting) not being shown in the trailers, is one of the things people are thankful for at this point. Just by seeing the little of the fight scenes we have, and hearing the news voice overs, show the lack of Superman as the most important impetus of this film. So regardless if how much we see him, his presence (or lack there of) is going to have a heavy weight on the film.

LoL.  Actually I do have a little idea. I literally saw BvS after all.  We know Superman died. We know they ripped off the ending of X-Men 3 to tease his return.  It's doubtful he's going to return to the group in the 1st act.  In all likelihood, he's going to return and turn the tide in the 3rd act.  You don't need to literally be Zack Snyder to have an opinion on this.  

I've already heard ppl ask why Superman isn't in the movie.  Or why he's barely going to be in it. It's a perception that is out there whether you accept it or not. I would assume he'll be prominent in a subsequent trailer to reassure those on the fence.  

Not sure why you're so defensive but whatever. 

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

LoL.  Actually I do have a little idea. I literally saw BvS after all.  We know Superman died. We know they ripped off the ending of X-Men 3 to tease his return.  It's doubtful he's going to return to the group in the 1st act.  In all likelihood, he's going to return and turn the tide in the 3rd act.  You don't need to literally be Zack Snyder to have an opinion on this.  

I've already heard ppl ask why Superman isn't in the movie.  Or why he's barely going to be in it. It's a perception that is out there whether you accept it or not. I would assume he'll be prominent in a subsequent trailer to reassure those on the fence.  

Not sure why you're so defensive but whatever. 

If you dont want to see it, thats up to you, but your logic is off base.

Superman not being in it is NOT going to be its downfall, because he IS going to be in it...and people are going to want to know in what capacity and how he comes back.

Superman isnt nearly as popular as he used to be.  He is obviously still popular, but most of his diehard fans KNOW he will be in this and will want to see how he comes back, and even if they decided to boycott because he isnt shown much in the trailers,  Batman and Wonder Woman being in it is more than enough to draw in a billion dollars....add in Momoa's Aquaman that I know MANY people are excited about as well as the Ezra Miller who I know alot of others like as well....then add in Joss Whedon's involvement....and finally the mystery behind Superman and not only will it NOT be a downfall, it will help bring in more people.

I mean, all people did was complain about Superman in the first two movies because he was too mopey and dark....I dont see how him not being in it much would be its downfall, especially when his return is going to be the return of the Superman people wanted (supposedly, anyway).

Its too soon to say anything since the movie isnt even out yet, but no, Superman being absent from the trailers is not going to be its downfall.    Ill even go as far as to say that they wouldve lost more viewers if they HAD shown Superman.....because most people dont want that spoiled. 

11 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Nope, there will be no subsequent trailer. This was the final one. We are 37 days out from its release so at most we get a few different TV spots of footage weve already scene just re-cut.

So again, you can have your theories and assumptions about his role, or how he comes back. But you do not KNOW anything about it. We know they are going with the Superman Return arc, but that could be so many things on how he actually comes back. Does Bruce dig him up? Do Steppenwolf/Darksied want his body? Does he just bust out on his own? Is it just the sun that regenerates him? Do they try to do the Lex/Doomsday experiment on him? These are just a quick sampling of theories on ONLY how he returns. Havent even scratched the surface on why he does, or what impact he has, is he good or evil? Like I said, you, nor me, nor anyone who wasnt involved with the film knows.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its too soon to say anything since the movie isnt even out yet, but no, Superman being absent from the trailers is not going to be its downfall.    Ill even go as far as to say that they wouldve lost more viewers if they HAD shown Superman.....because most people dont want that spoiled. 

BINGO! Everyone hated that they showed Doomsday in the BvS trailer and they tried to back track. That is why they have only shown quick cuts of Steppenwolf, and literally zero of Superman. There is no reason to be spoiling twists of the movie in the trailers. Its the same reason we dont see why Aquaman decides to join, or any of the back story from Cyborg. And still havent gotten the explanation of the Red Skies.

They played this final trailer perfectly. Shows us that Henry Cavill is still part of the movie, but only shows him as Clark Kent, and only in a dream sequence of Lois'. He speaks 8 words total in all of the marketing material for this movie, and people cant wait to see what happens with him in this movie. This marketing campaign is a far cry from the mess that BvS was.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wasn't talking about Superman being in the trailers and I'm not talking about DC diehards.  I'm talking about the casual fans which makes your bolded logic off base.  The movie might turn out to be excellent but you didn't see Marvel bench Captain America for the majority of Avengers.  

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I wasn't talking about Superman being in the trailers and I'm not talking about DC diehards.  I'm talking about the casual fans which makes your bolded logic off base.  The movie might turn out to be excellent but you didn't see Marvel bench Captain America for the majority of Avengers.  

Excepet you are now referring to his popularity when it comes to people who already know who he is. Those casuals you are speaking of arent being drawn in by Superman, not in this Universe. The most popular characters with that part of the fan base are Wonder Woman and Batman, who are absolutely most prominently shown. When you are calling out the popularity of these DC characters for the film universe, Superman is easily #3, and could quickly be surpassed by one or two of these new characters. Superman is the early film that not everyone loved, but everyone knew the name, that it is always really hard to tell a really good story with him as the focus of the film and is probably much better as a support seeing as he is too OP and people dont really connect with him all that much. In Short;

• Batman = Ironman
  • Wonder Woman = Captain America
  • Superman = Hulk/Thor

And would you look at that, Marvel did leave both Hulk and Thor on the sidelines for what many consider to be one of the best Team Up films they have put together. I could easily see Flash becoming the Star Lord, and over taking him in popularity as well.

The only people LOOKING for Superman are the DC Diehards. The casuals saw him die, they arent out there questioning where he is. Thats why keeping the surprise return out of the trailers is so important. 

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

No...Im sorry, but its your logic that continues to be flawed.

If there was a logical reason to bench Captain America in Avengers, then I guarantee it wouldnt have been an issue.    Superman isnt being benched.  He is dead in the universe.    Its a plot point.   Now, you can argue that they never shouldve killed Superman to begin with (yet, anyway), which I would 1000000000% agree with, but it is what it is, and they are handling it well.    Most people know Superman, at some point, is going to be in, and even most Superman fans are still going to go see it for Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman just as much Superman.

Look....the only issue I really had with what you said is claiming that Superman not being in it will be its DOWNFALL.   There is so much wrong with that statement.   You couldve said that some people might be disappointed that Superman isnt going to be in it more and I probably would have agreed....but DOWNFALL?    Its only downfall will be if the movie simply isnt good, which is possible, but thats another discussion for another time.

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

The only people LOOKING for Superman are the DC Diehards. The casuals saw him die, they arent out there questioning where he is. Thats why keeping the surprise return out of the trailers is so important. 

Except the ending of BvS pretty much tells you Superman is coming back.  The suspense is already dead.  My mom hasn't read a comic book in her life and she knows Superman will pop back up in Justice League.

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Except the ending of BvS pretty much tells you Superman is coming back.  The suspense is already dead.  My mom hasn't read a comic book in her life and she knows Superman will pop back up in Justice League.

Agreed.  I'm not sure why they had to end it like they did.

Archived