Justice League

Acgott

Interesting developments to Justice League... Lex Luthor was cut out from the movie per reports. The article also went on to describe the original planned ending, so don't read too far if you don't want to be spoiled and/or laugh.

https://moviepilot.com/p/lex-luthor-cut-from-justice-league/4357306?utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=lex-luthor-has-reportedly-been-cut-from-justice-league

Im wondering if, since they cut Lex, if they are considering possibly replacing Eisenberg.....either via Flashpoint or maybe just introducing his father as the "real" Lex.

...because that would be fantastic.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Im wondering if, since they cut Lex, if they are considering possibly replacing Eisenberg.....either via Flashpoint or maybe just introducing his father as the "real" Lex.

...because that would be fantastic.

Who would you have casted as the "real" Lex?

4 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Who would you have casted as the "real" Lex?

To try and make the plan they used seem credible? There isnt anyone. Which is why making it more obvious that Lex Jr was the one with this asinine idea, should have been a focus.

But the answer is who they were actually talking to at one point, Brian Cranston. If Lex Luthor has a better story arc, he would have been perfect.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

To try and make the plan they used seem credible? There isnt anyone. Which is why making it more obvious that Lex Jr was the one with this asinine idea, should have been a focus.

But the answer is who they were actually talking to at one point, Brian Cranston. If Lex Luthor has a better story arc, he would have been perfect.

I kind of agree....but whether it was Lex or Lex Jr, the plan was stupid and made no sense.

In terms of who I wouldve cast....one actor Ive always wanted as Lex is Billy Zane, but I like others such as Mark Strong and Bryan Cranston.     Idris Elba wouldve been good too.   However, one things that fans dont have are casting calls, because that could reveal a better choice.  

25 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

In terms of who I wouldve cast....one actor Ive always wanted as Lex is Billy Zane, but I like others such as Mark Strong and Bryan Cranston.     Idris Elba wouldve been good too.   However, one things that fans dont have are casting calls, because that could reveal a better choice.  

There are plenty of very good choices out there. I just go with Cranston because it was reported that they were already so far down the line with him for some role. He would probably never say it, but I wouldnt be shocked that the had tentatively agreed to be Lex, but when he finally got the script and found out the plan they had for him to execute, he backed out.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

There are plenty of very good choices out there. I just go with Cranston because it was reported that they were already so far down the line with him for some role. He would probably never say it, but I wouldnt be shocked that the had tentatively agreed to be Lex, but when he finally got the script and found out the plan they had for him to execute, he backed out.

Yeah, but his interest was reported very early in the process of making the movie, probably before a script even.  Could be wrong, but I don't think I am.  The script wouldn't have been Mark Zuckerberg Lex if Cranston had signed on. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, but his interest was reported very early in the process of making the movie, probably before a script even.  Could be wrong, but I don't think I am.  The script wouldn't have been Mark Zuckerberg Lex if Cranston had signed on. 

Snyder stated he was going for a different Lex, and that Eisenberg fit the role perfectly.

While I recall Cranston being heavily RUMORED, I do not recall any of those rumors being confirmed.

I sure as hell wish Cranston was cast as a different version of Lex, but there is nothing to suggest the script wouldve been any different with him.

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oh I dont think the version we got is what would have been envisioned for Cranston. Im just saying possibly the weaselly, possibly even whiny type of Lex we got, with the plan that had plenty of holes in it, could have turned off a guy like Cranston who already knows how to play an evil mastermind  

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Snyder stated he was going for a different Lex, and that Eisenberg fit the role perfectly.

While I recall Cranston being heavily RUMORED, I do not recall any of those rumors being confirmed.

I sure as hell wish Cranston was cast as a different version of Lex, but there is nothing to suggest the script wouldve been any different with him.

Is a directer like Snyder ever going to freely admit that they didnt get their first choice? I believe Cranston was in talks to take a role (most assumed Lex) for a long while, which is where I am saying the disagreement on the script would have happened. Eventually ending with him walking away when it wouldnt be changed.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Is a directer like Snyder ever going to freely admit that they didnt get their first choice? I believe Cranston was in talks to take a role (most assumed Lex) for a long while, which is where I am saying the disagreement on the script would have happened. Eventually ending with him walking away when it wouldnt be changed.

Maybe....maybe not.     What Im having trouble believing is that they didnt get Cranston, and just decided to take Lex in a completely different direction than the original vision.

I could understand if they didnt get the guy they really wanted and then got someone else and maybe tweaked the role a little bit....but most have the role figured out and then cast for who best fits the role.   They dont cast FIRST and then write the part around said person.

Bottom line, I have no idea what the case is....but barring proof, I will never believe that they went in a completely direction with Lex just because they missed out on one guy.

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe....maybe not.     What Im having trouble believing is that they didnt get Cranston, and just decided to take Lex in a completely different direction than the original vision.

I could understand if they didnt get the guy they really wanted and then got someone else and maybe tweaked the role a little bit....but most have the role figured out and then cast for who best fits the role.   They dont cast FIRST and then write the part around said person.

Bottom line, I have no idea what the case is....but barring proof, I will never believe that they went in a completely direction with Lex just because they missed out on one guy.

I get what you are saying. And I think the situation is much more convoluted than just missing one guy, and changing one character completely. Because we KNOW that Cranston was in talks for some character. It may not have been Lex, but no one ever shot down that rumor.

My personal theory is that originally BOTH Lex and Lex Jr were supposed to be part of the story. Setting up Lex Jr for more of a role down the line, maybe in the true MoS2 film. But when Cranston passed, someone had the great idea to just roll it all into one character, making him a larger character in the movie and throwing in all the references to the dead Lex.

This theory is driven by many of the very different plans laid out by the same character (i.e. the entire Scoot McNiery plot line that doesnt fit at all)

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

My personal theory is that originally BOTH Lex and Lex Jr were supposed to be part of the story. Setting up Lex Jr for more of a role down the line, maybe in the true MoS2 film. But when Cranston passed, someone had the great idea to just roll it all into one character, making him a larger character in the movie and throwing in all the references to the dead Lex.

I could see this to be true which is frustrating that WB/Snyder are totally unaware of these horrible decisions and the repercussions for their future films.

I would have loved Cranston as Lex. I actually think Jason Isaacs as Lex would be awesome as well.

• 1 month later...

Final trailer dropping on Sunday, apparently.

Im pretty eager to see if we can see any differences Whedon may have made.   Obviously in a trailer we wont see much, but given that they had extensive reshoots in an attempt to lighten the tone, the trailer may feel different than the past Snyder-ish trailers.

I am hoping, however, they keep Superman out of it.   They will likely tease him a bit more, but I hope they dont show him.   WB/DC has done a better job this time with the trailers in terms of not showing too much.   Hopefully, the final trailer doesnt change that.

Archived