Justice League

Acgott

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I hope they have cleaned up some of the bad CGI from the previous trailers

I didnt have a problem with the CGI in the last trailer, aside from some of the typical Zach Snyder affects that just end up looking cheesy.   I fully expect the movie to have some of that, but Im hoping Zach is done with the DCEU after this.  

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I didnt have a problem with the CGI in the last trailer, aside from some of the typical Zach Snyder affects that just end up looking cheesy.   I fully expect the movie to have some of that, but Im hoping Zach is done with the DCEU after this.  

The CGI on Cyborg still throws me off. It takes me out of the 'film' (obviously only trailers at this point) as it doesnt mesh with the rest of the world around it. The Flash has some extensive CGI to him and that seems to blend in very well. I know its not something I would change, and its one of the things I always hate when fans complain about it, but "what I had in my mid" was very different. It just seems like we are getting Full Cyborg the entire time, which is a little overboard.

If we started with just some parts of Ray Fisher mechanized, and then in the biggest battle he decides to fuse with the Mother Box to be the final form of Cyborg, not only would he look better most of the time, but it would be a much better story arc for that character

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The CGI on Cyborg still throws me off. It takes me out of the 'film' (obviously only trailers at this point) as it doesnt mesh with the rest of the world around it. The Flash has some extensive CGI to him and that seems to blend in very well. I know its not something I would change, and its one of the things I always hate when fans complain about it, but "what I had in my mid" was very different. It just seems like we are getting Full Cyborg the entire time, which is a little overboard.

If we started with just some parts of Ray Fisher mechanized, and then in the biggest battle he decides to fuse with the Mother Box to be the final form of Cyborg, not only would he look better most of the time, but it would be a much better story arc for that character

Yeah, the Cyborg stuff has been bad for over a year now. Ive pretty much just accepted it.

The other thing that bothered me from the last trailer was the CGI in Aquaman taking the Parademon through the building and surfing out of it. It looked really bad. 

Just now, devils1854 said:

The other thing that bothered me from the last trailer was the CGI in Aquaman taking the Parademon through the building and surfing out of it. It looked really bad. 

Just the look of it? Id have to check it out again.

Many people complained that he did it at all. But I think it could be an amazing character moment, not only badass, but could show his immaturity if he is not yet the King of Atlantis. And actually gives him a place to grwo from if he is now just the badass metal punk who could grow into the underwater barbarian warlord that this Mamoa version looks like he should be.

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just the look of it? Id have to check it out again.

Many people complained that he did it at all. But I think it could be an amazing character moment, not only badass, but could show his immaturity if he is not yet the King of Atlantis. And actually gives him a place to grwo from if he is now just the badass metal punk who could grow into the underwater barbarian warlord that this Mamoa version looks like he should be.

CGI looked bad

What would you guys need from this movie to be considered a success?

We know the studio wants the $$$, but we are all looking for something more, something to give us Hope for the future (whatever that future ends up being). We got one HUGE step in the right direction with Wonder Woman, and now we are expanding with what looks like 2 more solid characters (Flash & Aquaman) plus a question mark (Cyborg) but they are anchoring this film with the 2 most complete characters we have in this universe (Wonder Woman & Batman).

Id say as long as they steer clear of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 pitfall of focusing on the "Universe" and not the story at hand, thats my biggest worry. I expect to see alot of the universe, and easter eggs, but as long as they are ancillary and not the focus they will work themselves out.

And while it has become a bit cliche at this point, as long as we are focused on the one main villain (Steppenwolf) and the army of his Henchman (Paradeamons) and they havent tried to cram in a bunch about other enemies (or skip over Steppenwolf and only keep talking about Darkseid) I will be happy and would think the narrative will stay on the tracks.

Most of all I just want this movie to set the ground work for the characters that I hope we have as our Justice League for the next 10 years (Mamoa, Miller, Fisher) and build up the story of the ones we already like (Affleck, Gadot). But they could hit a homerun if they use this chance to tweak Superman the right way.

Basically, with DC/WB's checkered past at this point, I am hoping for the Log Flume Ride equivalent of a movie. Keep it simple (coherent story), stick to what works (Bringing the gang together montage, comic book references, quippy dialog, etc.), and then at the end give me one exciting build up (massive battle sequence) and splash us with the water at the end (Superman or Green Lantern reveal/final battle with Steppenwolf) with a smooth landing (show us them in the Hall of Justice or the Watch Tower)

Am ending that can be enjoyed.  Man of Steel pretty much destroyed Metropolis, Batman vs Superman killed Superman, Suicide Squad just stunk (gets worse with every watch).  Wonder Woman is the only one that had a quasi-positive ending (still killed the most likable character in the movie) and lo and behold it is far and away the most positively received.  The DCEU needs to stop being the phony goth/emo kid who has 2 loving and supportive parents in an upper middle class home.

56 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Am ending that can be enjoyed.  Man of Steel pretty much destroyed Metropolis, Batman vs Superman killed Superman, Suicide Squad just stunk (gets worse with every watch).  Wonder Woman is the only one that had a quasi-positive ending (still killed the most likable character in the movie) and lo and behold it is far and away the most positively received.  The DCEU needs to stop being the phony goth/emo kid who has 2 loving and supportive parents in an upper middle class home.

I enjoy the dark endings with a silver lining. I think it should get progressively worse until they face Darkseid. 

There is no Justice League 2 in the works. Johns and team are focusing on telling stories that arent crutches for the next film. There's no Darksied. At least not for now. This is going to be a Steppenwolf story. It will probably have a slight wink and nod to Darksied, but this movie isnt setting up a Justice League 2. Maybe once this is successful, they will announce a second movie, but I would expect this movie to stand alone(hence on Lex in it).

With it coming 5 months after Wonder Woman, I expect it to be huge. Diana brought in a lot of new female fans, and I expect they will lineup to see her again. As long as there is somewhat of a coherent story, this tops 1 billion easily, but we need more than just money with the movie. I want to see Barry Allen to be just as good as we think he will be, and we need Aquaman to totally change the public's perception of him, because if people still think of him as a Entourage joke, or a Super Friend that is worthless, then his movie next year will fail. I dont care about Cyborg. I just hope he isnt boring.

I actually think WB is hiding some good stuff from us. Is it a second villain? Is it Hal Jordan? Who knows, but I think we are in for a few surprises.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I see where youre coming from, but I never understood why people hated Metropolis getting destroyed.    Man of Steel wasnt perfect, but I never had the slightest issue with that, because I felt like they couldve built off that.....which I think COULD have played well into BvS if it was done better.     As I said before, I wish they wouldve had John Corbin been a victim of the Metropolis destruction, and Lex Luthor basically rebuilt his body with Kryptonian metal and kryptonite, it wouldve provided a very logical enemy for Superman, especially with Luthor pulling the strings....as opposed to the mishmash of jumbled subplot and character motivations we got.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:55 PM, StLunatic88 said:

What would you guys need from this movie to be considered a success?

We know the studio wants the $$$, but we are all looking for something more, something to give us Hope for the future (whatever that future ends up being). We got one HUGE step in the right direction with Wonder Woman, and now we are expanding with what looks like 2 more solid characters (Flash & Aquaman) plus a question mark (Cyborg) but they are anchoring this film with the 2 most complete characters we have in this universe (Wonder Woman & Batman).

Id say as long as they steer clear of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 pitfall of focusing on the "Universe" and not the story at hand, thats my biggest worry. I expect to see alot of the universe, and easter eggs, but as long as they are ancillary and not the focus they will work themselves out.

And while it has become a bit cliche at this point, as long as we are focused on the one main villain (Steppenwolf) and the army of his Henchman (Paradeamons) and they havent tried to cram in a bunch about other enemies (or skip over Steppenwolf and only keep talking about Darkseid) I will be happy and would think the narrative will stay on the tracks.

Most of all I just want this movie to set the ground work for the characters that I hope we have as our Justice League for the next 10 years (Mamoa, Miller, Fisher) and build up the story of the ones we already like (Affleck, Gadot). But they could hit a homerun if they use this chance to tweak Superman the right way.

Basically, with DC/WB's checkered past at this point, I am hoping for the Log Flume Ride equivalent of a movie. Keep it simple (coherent story), stick to what works (Bringing the gang together montage, comic book references, quippy dialog, etc.), and then at the end give me one exciting build up (massive battle sequence) and splash us with the water at the end (Superman or Green Lantern reveal/final battle with Steppenwolf) with a smooth landing (show us them in the Hall of Justice or the Watch Tower)

I pretty much agree with you, just about across the board. I do think a Hall of Justice or Watchtower reveal might be too much, at this stage. Batman is just getting the group together. I doubt he'd be that far invested and planned in the concept so far. And it basically has to be him to foot the bill for whatever form of JL base they would go with. I think that would be a better thing to add in a potential JL2.

For the villain, I hope the entire movie is about Steppenwolf, and there's just some late reveal or comment to suggest that they shouldn't celebrate or something along those lines. Hint at a Darkseid for fan confirmation (since we all assume anyway) but have the actual characters believing Steppenwolf is basically the ultimate villain.

Most of all for me, I want chemistry between the league. I feel that this is the best thing that the MCU has done that just makes the team ups fun even when there are plot or villain flaws. I'm hopeful with what I've seen of Flash and Aquaman's personalities. Not entirely traditional, but with some likability added in to get some of the humor and light heartedness that a movie does need, that the comics really kind of don't. And I like how Wonder Woman and Batman look to be working together. If they can nail all that, I'll be very happy, and more optimistic for any future team ups or crossovers, as opposed to what BvS did with Batman and Superman meeting and clashing.

I kind of don't care about Cyborg. If he flops, I can live with it. If he's awesome, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Not terribly invested either way though.

20 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I pretty much agree with you, just about across the board. I do think a Hall of Justice or Watchtower reveal might be too much, at this stage. Batman is just getting the group together. I doubt he'd be that far invested and planned in the concept so far. And it basically has to be him to foot the bill for whatever form of JL base they would go with. I think that would be a better thing to add in a potential JL2.

I get what you are saying, but the end of the film doesnt necessarily need to be right after the final battle. It could be some time later, after Bruce had time to build something, or implement the tech he already has for the Watchtower.

Or if its the Hall of Justice, it could easily be some pre-existing building on the edge of Themiscira, that once shared a view of Atlantis before it was sunk. (my favorite theory) That could explain the greek/roman influences of the building, plus the technological advancements that Bruce could bring.

All of that to say, I dont think it would be the timing of events we see that would hinder a group shot/Watchetower/HoJ tag to end the film. 

I just want to see more than a solid, entertaining movie with the characters meshing well.  I liked BvS, but most would agree it could have been so much more.  I want the 'more".  WW was great, I want to see them capitalize on that momentum, carry it through this film.  Then build the other characters like Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern in solo movies, but also develop a gallery of villains in those movies, similar to batman's, just not as extensive.  Continue to build on Lex, and not the Jesse Eisenberg spoiled millennial brat from BvS.  

Eventually, I'd like to either JL2 or JL3 have a Legion of Doom vs. the Justice League theme to it, with the darkseid plot in the other (personally, I think JL2 could be the LoD theme with Darkseid appearing at the end of it to tease JL3....maybe a few villains even join in the fight for the third movie).  If done by directors with a shared vision, these films could come together quickly, and JL3 could be done within 5 years, along with the solo films.  MoS2 could focus on strengthening Lex, maybe throw in a villain like Bizzaro.  A Green lantern solo could give up Sinestro, and a Batman solo flick or two could give us villains to round off the group. It wouldn't have to mirror any previous version of a specific LoD group. 

Personally, having grown up in the 70s and early 80s, this would give me a Star wars level of excitement leading into it.

23 hours ago, devils1854 said:

There is no Justice League 2 in the works. Johns and team are focusing on telling stories that arent crutches for the next film. There's no Darksied. At least not for now. This is going to be a Steppenwolf story. It will probably have a slight wink and nod to Darksied, but this movie isnt setting up a Justice League 2. Maybe once this is successful, they will announce a second movie, but I would expect this movie to stand alone(hence on Lex in it).

With it coming 5 months after Wonder Woman, I expect it to be huge. Diana brought in a lot of new female fans, and I expect they will lineup to see her again. As long as there is somewhat of a coherent story, this tops 1 billion easily, but we need more than just money with the movie. I want to see Barry Allen to be just as good as we think he will be, and we need Aquaman to totally change the public's perception of him, because if people still think of him as a Entourage joke, or a Super Friend that is worthless, then his movie next year will fail. I dont care about Cyborg. I just hope he isnt boring.

I actually think WB is hiding some good stuff from us. Is it a second villain? Is it Hal Jordan? Who knows, but I think we are in for a few surprises.

If this is really the case. Then this entire universe is dead and they have wasted Cavill, Gadot, Affleck, and most importantly Jeremy freaking Irons. >:(

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If this is really the case. Then this entire universe is dead and they have wasted Cavill, Gadot, Affleck, and most importantly Jeremy freaking Irons. >:(

Considering the universe aspect isn't going to be a major point going forward, it's kind of dead already. What I mean is basically they're not gonna cram/force in the cameos etc. 

They haven't wasted anyone though, all of those people will get their own solo movies and appear in multiple team up movies going forward. (except alfred but no one wants that) 

Even worst case scenario and Justice League ends up being a BvS style mess, they're still going to do multiple movies per year so it'll suck but it will get better. 

Archived