Justice League

Acgott

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/dc-comics-on-film_JUSTICE-LEAGUE_news_Cyborg-reshoots-IGN_8-11-17.html

I can confirm that everything Mr. Morton said is spot-on. The Cyborg character was altered quite a bit during the reshoots. Also, as I’ve been saying since June 2nd of this year, the JL reshoots and the resulting changes being made to the film are significant. These reshoots – which are still taking place – are not standard pick-ups/additional photography. Why? Apparently, an early cut of the film was deemed “unwatchable.” Thus, substantial changes to the film were ordered.

I take all early reports about movies with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to recent DC movies.  There were "reports" that Wonder Woman was a huge mess.    

If they did do extensive reshoots to lighten up the tone, then they damn well better get rid of Zach Snyder going forward, because thats been a major knock on all of them and he isnt going to change. I dont even hate Snyder as much as some, but pick a direction and stick to it.     Dont ask Snyder to make more movies, only to have to ask someone else to come fix it.   

7 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I heard that it was just to serious and wanted a more friendly tone.

Which is what makes the most sense, for 2 big reasons.

1- too serious has been the biggest issue for the Snyder directed movies, why should this one be any different. 

2- while they have all been involved in the reshoots, if they have majorly focused on one character (Cyborg) who happens to be the most  malleable character they have (not to mention the cheapest) that points to a tone shift/adding comedic beats, not amcompkete overhaul of the story

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I take all early reports about movies with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to recent DC movies.  There were "reports" that Wonder Woman was a huge mess.    

If they did do extensive reshoots to lighten up the tone, then they damn well better get rid of Zach Snyder going forward, because thats been a major knock on all of them and he isnt going to change. I dont even hate Snyder as much as some, but pick a direction and stick to it.     Dont ask Snyder to make more movies, only to have to ask someone else to come fix it.   

The first quote did come from a prominent actor in the movie, so I do trust that. Its not like its an unnamed source.

Lets be honest, we all know DC has been on Wheedon since around February to change the movie. Snyder's family tragedy was just a way for DC and him to save face in letting him go from the project. This is Wheedon's movie now.

2 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

The first quote did come from a prominent actor in the movie, so I do trust that. Its not like its an unnamed source.

Lets be honest, we all know DC has been on Wheedon since around February to change the movie. Snyder's family tragedy was just a way for DC and him to save face in letting him go from the project. This is Wheedon's movie now.

Time will tell, but Ive heard it very much feels like a Zack Snyder movie.   We will see what the finished product looks like soon enough.

And I am speaking more in terms of moving forward.   They need to just move on from Snyder altogether.   He is what he is and if they are so unsure about him, just move on.   The DCEU needs a clear direction, and under Snyder, it just seems like there is too much uncertainty in regards to whether or not he is right to steer the ship.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And I am speaking more in terms of moving forward.   They need to just move on from Snyder altogether.   He is what he is and if they are so unsure about him, just move on.   The DCEU needs a clear direction, and under Snyder, it just seems like there is too much uncertainty in regards to whether or not he is right to steer the ship.

I really don't understand the dedication to Snyder. They have heavily meddled as a studio in his entries as well as the tone he has set in place. Some of that is uncertainty from the studio flip flopping on what they want. However, why continue on the same path if you are never satisfied with the final product to the point where they feel they need to make major changes? 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I really don't understand the dedication to Snyder. They have heavily meddled as a studio in his entries as well as the tone he has set in place. Some of that is uncertainty from the studio flip flopping on what they want. However, why continue on the same path if you are never satisfied with the final product to the point where they feel they need to make major changes? 

Agreed, and thats pretty much my point as well.

Snyder is set in his ways, and if they arent happy with him, just move on.    Stop holding out hope that he is suddenly going to churn out a masterpiece.    I dont dislike Snyder, but his shortcomings as a director will always be an issue, as will his "vision" for the DCEU if they dont coincide with what the studio wants.   While I do like a darker take, his movies take themselves way too seriously and seem to forget that they are, in fact, superhero movies.      They need a director who can find the right balance of darkness and fun.    Batman is really the only character who should lean more heavily towards the dark stuff.     The rest of the characters and their movies need that right balance.

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Time will tell, but Ive heard it very much feels like a Zack Snyder movie.   We will see what the finished product looks like soon enough.

And thats exactly why they've spent $25+ million on reshoots for 3+ months. They knew they had a turd with Snyder(again). Wheedon has come in the make the movie more fun, hence the reports from the actors that they have changed Cyborgs character into something more light hearted.

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

And thats exactly why they've spent $25+ million on reshoots for 3+ months. They knew they had a turd with Snyder(again). Wheedon has come in the make the movie more fun, hence the reports from the actors that they have changed Cyborgs character into something more light hearted.

Well, I meant that, based on what Ive read, it still feels largely like a Snyder movie even AFTER the reshoots.

Anyway, like I said....we will find out soon enough.   Im sure Whedon put his stamp on it, but it will still have alot of Zack Snyder flavor to it.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, I meant that, based on what Ive read, it still feels largely like a Snyder movie even AFTER the reshoots.

Anyway, like I said....we will find out soon enough.   Im sure Whedon put his stamp on it, but it will still have alot of Zack Snyder flavor to it.

Of course its going to have Snyder's stamp on it. 3 months of reshoots cant exactly give us a whole new movie, but it can round some edges.

Also, everyone knows Snyder is no longer apart of the DC world.

• Aquaman-James Wan
  • Shazaam-David Sandberg
  • The Batman-Mat Reeves
  • Batgirl-Joss Whedon
  • Gothan City Sirens-David Ayer
  • Flash-Lord and Miller/Robert Zemeckis(rumors)
  • Man of Steel 2-JA Bayona(rumored)
  • Suicide Squad 2-Mel Gibson/Ruben Fleischer/Jonathan Levine(rumored frontrunners)

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Of course its going to have Snyder's stamp on it. 3 months of reshoots cant exactly give us a whole new movie, but it can round some edges.

Also, everyone knows Snyder is no longer apart of the DC world.

• Aquaman-James Wan
  • Shazaam-David Sandberg
  • The Batman-Mat Reeves
  • Batgirl-Joss Whedon
  • Gothan City Sirens-David Ayer
  • Flash-Lord and Miller/Robert Zemeckis(rumors)
  • Man of Steel 2-JA Bayona(rumored)
  • Suicide Squad 2-Mel Gibson/Ruben Fleischer/Jonathan Levine(rumored frontrunners)

Okay....Im just saying we will see exactly how much different it feel compared to the typical Zack Snyder movie.

And "everyone knows Snyder is no longer part of the DC World"?   Really?    That COULD be the case, but he is still, as of now, signed on to direct JL2, and alot of those other ones you listed are just rumors.    I dont think he would be considered for any of the gigs you listed, but again, he is still slated to direct the JL sequel.   

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay....Im just saying we will see exactly how much different it feel compared to the typical Zack Snyder movie.

And "everyone knows Snyder is no longer part of the DC World"?   Really?    That COULD be the case, but he is still, as of now, signed on to direct JL2, and alot of those other ones you listed are just rumors.    I dont think he would be considered for any of the gigs you listed, but again, he is still slated to direct the JL sequel.   

They're not doing the JL sequel for 3 years at least, or at least not until flashpoint is done. Zack Snyder will always have a role in the DCEU but I doubt he's going to direct many more moves.

Just now, OleXmad said:

They're not doing the JL sequel for 3 years at least, or at least not until flashpoint is done. Zack Snyder will always have a role in the DCEU but I doubt he's going to direct many more moves.

I agree with all of that.    Just saying that I wouldnt be so quick to say he is no longer part of the DCEU.

35 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wan, Sandberg, Whedon, Ayer, and Reeves are confirmed.

Bayona is all but confirmed.

Zemekis is the clear front runner for Flash with Lord and Miller behind.

Latest reports are that Gibson is still #1 and if he says yes, its his, but they are also looking hard at the other three. Hell, they had a director lined up before he backed out for a Disney movie.

Point is, Snyder isnt in any of the plans in the near future, and a JL2 movie isnt going to be made for a while. The closest thing we could get to a JL2 movie soon is the JL vs Suicide Squad in Suicide Squad 2.

14 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Wan, Sandberg, Whedon, Ayer, and Reeves are confirmed.

Bayona is all but confirmed.

Zemekis is the clear front runner for Flash with Lord and Miller behind.

Latest reports are that Gibson is still #1 and if he says yes, its his, but they are also looking hard at the other three. Hell, they had a director lined up before he backed out for a Disney movie.

Point is, Snyder isnt in any of the plans in the near future, and a JL2 movie isnt going to be made for a while. The closest thing we could get to a JL2 movie soon is the JL vs Suicide Squad in Suicide Squad 2.

Where you hear this? He's expressed interest, but nothing as far as talks as happened. As of right now Matthew Vaughn looks like the frontrunner. 

Then again, MoS II wasn't part of the DCEU slate announced at Comic Con, so who knows. 

I thought he was an OK Batman.  No, I thought he was great.  He was great.  He's a hero, so he had something to channel and worth with there.  But he's not going to do that movie [The Batman], I don't think.  Sorry to say. (Awkward pause)  Is that breaking news?  Because I was just kind of making that up, I don't know."

Casey Affleck during a radio interview.

Archived