Chiefs sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (3 yr, $30M)

TheKillerNacho

15 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Tyreek Hill was also a 5th round Draft pick...

There maaaaaaaaaaaaaay have been some other things in play with that one, don't you think? Maybe that one wasn't entirely on the field, skill based? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

He’ll have more options to run routes with a QB that didn’t force the ball to one WR 98% of the time.  I’m not saying you’re wrong on his best route, but I’m excited to see if he develops as a WR in a different system with a different type of QB.

Plus, he’s now with one of only a couple of QBs that could outgrow Rodgers on the go route.

If you looked at our WR options last year there is a reason Rodgers threw to Adams most of the time.  Perhaps a change of scenery will do MVS some good but I'm glad we aren't paying him that kind of coin.  

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

If you looked at our WR options last year there is a reason Rodgers threw to Adams most of the time.  Perhaps a change of scenery will do MVS some good but I'm glad we aren't paying him that kind of coin.  

I know all about your WR corps, I think its a little rich also, but then you look at it really being a 2 year deal for 18 and it gets a little better, you look at how Devante’s contract ruined everything and the contract of a guy like Kirk…and I guess it is what it is.  We’ve had worse contracts on our books.

I also watched as the all World MVP threw a total of 6 passes (targets not completions) in what was an extremely winnable game to players not named Adams or Jones.  When the only time the ball gets thrown your way is on the fly/go route and it’s either overthrown or a completion, it doesn’t always sell all that you can do.

Edited by EMAW_KSU
And another thing!

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I know all about your WR corps, I think its a little rich also, but then you look at it really being a 2 year deal for 18 and it gets a little better, you look at how Devante’s contract ruined everything and the contract of a guy like Kirk…and I guess it is what it is.  We’ve had worse contracts on our books.

I also watched as the all World MVP threw a total of 6 passes (targets not completions) in what was an extremely winnable game to players not named Adams or Jones.  When the only time the ball gets thrown your way is on the fly/go route and it’s either overthrown or a completion, it doesn’t always sell all that you can do.

No one is going to argue that Rodgers did not play well in the playoff game you speak of but we Packers fans have seen many other games where Adams was often the only WR out there who could find a way to get open and catch passes consistently.  He will be missed for sure.  When MVS was available he was a frequent target of Rodgers' but had a tendency to have the dropsies at the most inopportune times.  For the Chief's sake I hope MVS can stay healthy and be more consistent.  

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

No one is going to argue that Rodgers did not play well in the playoff game you speak of but we Packers fans have seen many other games where Adams was often the only WR out there who could find a way to get open and catch passes consistently.  He will be missed for sure.  When MVS was available he was a frequent target of Rodgers' but had a tendency to have the dropsies at the most inopportune times.  For the Chief's sake I hope MVS can stay healthy and be more consistent.  

We can agree on the healthy thing, MVS has zero drops last year so that’s hopeful improvement.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

There maaaaaaaaaaaaaay have been some other things in play with that one, don't you think? Maybe that one wasn't entirely on the field, skill based? 

It's not listed in a box score or the back of a football card, so there's zero chance he knows about it.

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean his WR conversion was a complete projection he was originally a RB. As a Small, elite fast, RB/returner that probably needs to switch to WR in the NFL, does that net you a 3rd-4th? 

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean his WR conversion was a complete projection he was originally a RB. As a Small, elite fast, RB/returner that probably needs to switch to WR in the NFL, does that net you a 3rd-4th? 

It's pretty impossible to say given how much of his college career was changed over it. We don't know what his production would have looked like in his last year at OKST, how many teams scratched him from their draft board all together, etc.  The NFL likes elite traits. Elite traits can easily go in the first round.