Chiefs sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (3 yr, $30M)

TheKillerNacho

2 points

1 - wr1 is the guy who had 1400+ the last time he had a real QB and the second or first option is the best TE in the game.

2 - Read the overthecap on the contract in the next few days. It will be like 2 for 14 with 16 in year 3 or something like that.

Edited by SkippyX

Hill is losing a QB who maximizes his speed

MVS is gaining one. (he’s clearly not Hill)

Rodgers can win 4 straight MVPs and it won’t make him a Mahomes level go deep gunslinger. Rodgers is efficiency first second and third with some deep shots.

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Rodgers can win 4 straight MVPs and it won’t make him a Mahomes level go deep gunslinger. Rodgers is efficiency first second and third with some deep shots.

When you say things like this it lets me know you dont watch the games. The last two years maybe one can say Rodgers has gotten a bit conservative but the vast majority of his career he was always looking for the deep shot. He almost refused to check the ball down the first 10 years of his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

His hands are vastly improved.  He just got hurt a fair amount.

The guy is still a body catcher by nature. One year with no drops on very limited reps does not mean he all of a sudden changed 10+ years of football instincts.

16 minutes ago, StatKing said:

When you say things like this it lets me know you dont watch the games. The last two years maybe one can say Rodgers has gotten a bit conservative but the vast majority of his career he was always looking for the deep shot. He almost refused to check the ball down the first 10 years of his career.

So the 2 years before the last 2 years they were bad / run heavy and the last 2 have been as I described. What does 2014 Rodgers have to do with MVS?

Edited by SkippyX

38 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

I look forward to seeing the details of the contract. I am guessing it's basically a 2 year contract. Overall numbers seem a little rich but probably has a fluffed year 3.

Doesn't say total guarantee number (unless your dad the tweet as saying $18m guaranteed)

Edited by childofpudding

42 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Rodgers is efficiency 1st and 2nd down and then it's 3rd and 2 and he throws a 50 yard bomb. 

Rodgers gave MVS plenty of deep shots, where Mahomes will make MVS better is the fact that Aaron either throws it drop in the bucket over the shoulder, or he misses 5 yards deep. I've watched Aaron for 13 years now and I can't remember a single 50/50 "gunslinger" ball. Rodgers missed MVS a ton by having to throw the perfect pass. 

MVS' issue isn't his hands as much as it's his inability to track a ball over his shoulder. He fights it and is not a natural "pass catcher". 

He is more of a threat on routes that keep the ball in front of him. I don't know enough about KCs scheme, but his stats could be up to his contract if he stays healthy and Mahomes/Reid design routes that let him SEE the ball coming at him vs tracking it down.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Guys like Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers (who only had 4 catches as a 3rd round Rookie last year)?

On a per target basis, Lazard was as productive as Adams and more productive then MVS.  But the WR room is incomplete right now.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone on reddit did a youtube video break down on MVS and basically walked away saying that he could be an elite WR if Arod wasnt so fixated on Adams.

"Elite" might be stretching it, but I'd say something like 70-1000 is definitely within his reach if he got 110 or so targets. Basically a Tee Higgins level of production

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

MVS played the best ball of his career when he was on the field last year. I think he puts up 1k next year in KC. 

Mahomes is going to need someone to take up some of the slack left by the departure of Tyreek, so you never know.  MVS might be at least one of the guys who could do that.