Chiefs sign WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (3 yr, $30M)

TheKillerNacho

Edwards-Helaire

Smith-Schuster

Valdes-Scantling.

Calling it now, next skill position KC will get will be JJ Arcega-Whiteside....probably tried to sign Mo Alie-Cox, but got outbid by the Colts.

Word on the KC streets is that Travis Kelce has proposed and will now be known as Travis Kelce-Nicole, to fit in with the KC skill position model.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Edwards-Helaire

Smith-Schuster

Valdes-Scantling.

Calling it now, next skill position KC will get will be JJ Arcega-Whiteside....probably tried to sign Mo Alie-Cox, but got outbid by the Colts.

Word on the KC streets is that Travis Kelce has proposed and will now be known as Travis Kelce-Nicole, to fit in with the KC skill position model.

Should’ve went to Cleveland to see if they wanted Hill. Could’ve nabbed Peoples-Jones and Owusu-Koramoah in one move.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

They will. Either Jameson Williams or Jahan Dotson. 

And in the 2nd round I bet they'll draft either Trey McBride or Jalen Wydermyer in order to create an elite TE duo alongside of Travis Kelce. 

Ive actually floated the TE idea in the Chiefs forum, but some of the guys werent biting. Kelce is turning 33, its not if, but when does he start to slow down?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Ive actually floated the TE idea in the Chiefs forum, but some of the guys werent biting. Kelce is turning 33, its not if, but when does he start to slow down?

I think Kelce has another 2-3 years of elite play left in the tank. 

But a TE will always be a younger QBs best friend so if Trey McBride/Jalen Wydermyer are available @ pick 50?

Might as well not only create the best TE 1-2 punch since Gronk/Hernandez but also begin to develop Patrick Mahomes future #1 TE (no better TE to learn from than Travis Kelce).

Lose Tyreek Hill. 

But yet gain Jameson Williams/Marquez Valdes-Scantling/JuJu Smith-Schuster and Trey McBride (or Jalen Wydermyer). 

And now Patrick Mahomes has even more weapons than ever before (Tyreek Hill or no Tyreek Hill).

And I'm telling everyone right now. 

Patrick Mahomes is going to turn an absolute speed burning type of speed demon @ 6'4 into an absolute NFL Superstar WR (Marquez Valdes-Scantling). 

And JuJu Smith-Schuster is going to become unstoppable alongside of Patrick Mahomes because he was already unstoppable on underneath routes for an aging/washed up Ben Roethlisberger (Patrick Mahomes is going to fall in love with JuJu Smith-Schuster who's everything KC wanted Sammy Watkins to become but couldn't). 

23 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I think Kelce has another 2-3 years of elite play left in the tank. 

But a TE will always be a younger QBs best friend so if Trey McBride/Jalen Wydermyer are available @ pick 50?

Might as well not only create the best TE 1-2 punch since Gronk/Hernandez but also begin to develop Patrick Mahomes future #1 TE (no better TE to learn from than Travis Kelce).

Lose Tyreek Hill. 

But yet gain Jameson Williams/Marquez Valdes-Scantling/JuJu Smith-Schuster and Trey McBride (or Jalen Wydermyer). 

And now Patrick Mahomes has even more weapons than ever before (Tyreek Hill or no Tyreek Hill).

And I'm telling everyone right now. 

Patrick Mahomes is going to turn an absolute speed burning type of speed demon @ 6'4 into an absolute NFL Superstar WR (Marquez Valdes-Scantling). 

And JuJu Smith-Schuster is going to become unstoppable alongside of Patrick Mahomes because he was already unstoppable on underneath routes for an aging/washed up Ben Roethlisberger (Patrick Mahomes is going to fall in love with JuJu Smith-Schuster who's everything KC wanted Sammy Watkins to become but couldn't). 

Thing is Hardman and Juju are on one year deals, another TE is a luxury for an old crumbling roster. Weve also got a couple guys we like behind Kelc, Noah Gray a 5th rounder, Jody Fortson a UDFA WR convert who tore his Achilles just as Mahomes was beginning to trust him. Hes coming back on a 4th round(?) tender, well see how he does rehabbing. 

That shouldnt stop us but we need EDGE help, just lost our number one corner and have a couple on final years of their deal, could use more safety help with Matheiu/Sorensen both gone and a starting FS on the final year of his deal, another OLB, Heck id love another young RB added to the fold. RT is kinda up in the air, got Wylie who played admirably well, Niang who tore his knee late in the year. Is Orlando Brown really the long term answer at LT? Oh yeah add more pass rush at DT to pair with Jones please.

Im glad im not the Chiefs GM lol, this Tyreek trade was kinda a necessity to restock the cupboard so to speak 

31 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Thing is Hardman and Juju are on one year deals, another TE is a luxury for an old crumbling roster. Weve also got a couple guys we like behind Kelc, Noah Gray a 5th rounder, Jody Fortson a UDFA WR convert who tore his Achilles just as Mahomes was beginning to trust him. Hes coming back on a 4th round(?) tender, well see how he does rehabbing. 

That shouldnt stop us but we need EDGE help, just lost our number one corner and have a couple on final years of their deal, could use more safety help with Matheiu/Sorensen both gone and a starting FS on the final year of his deal, another OLB, Heck id love another young RB added to the fold. RT is kinda up in the air, got Wylie who played admirably well, Niang who tore his knee late in the year. Is Orlando Brown really the long term answer at LT? Oh yeah add more pass rush at DT to pair with Jones please.

Im glad im not the Chiefs GM lol, this Tyreek trade was kinda a necessity to restock the cupboard so to speak 

I honestly don't think KC makes the playoffs this year with your current roster (the draft will improve it though).

KC missing the playoffs is one of my top 10 bold predictions.

But who knows. Patrick Mahomes might show his All-Time greatness, have his greatest season ever (and prove me dead wrong).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

On 3/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Bullet Club said:

MVS is super talented. I wouldn't want to pay him that much but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a big year. Something has always gone wrong to stunt his development and if that changes he could be a strong #2.

He's fast and all that but his best play is a go route.  There was a reason he was a 5th round pick in 2018.

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He's fast and all that but his best play is a go route.  There was a reason he was a 5th round pick in 2018.

He’ll have more options to run routes with a QB that didn’t force the ball to one WR 98% of the time.  I’m not saying you’re wrong on his best route, but I’m excited to see if he develops as a WR in a different system with a different type of QB.

Plus, he’s now with one of only a couple of QBs that could outgrow Rodgers on the go route.