Eagles re-sign DE Derek Barnett (2 years)

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:
2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just admit he sucks and move on already. 

Howie Roseman is one of the worst at admitting his mistakes and doing just that.

That's because he doesn't actually admit them, unless it's a free agent signing.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

That seems like the kind of a stuff that a young player can figure out and minimize over time. QB pressures, sacks and run-stopping are what's important and he still has promise to carve out a role. He hasn't been trash but just hasn't been that good. He probably got paid very little and it's a short deal so 🤷 is what I say for the signing. It's a rotational signing.

Yeah. The fans hate him for good reason. The guy is a bonehead and his penalties have killed us for years. In terms of being a rotational DE though he really is a fine player, just a disappointing first round pick. He isn't an awful player production wise, but he was not living up to what we paid him on the last year of his rookie deal by any means. On a cheap deal in hopefully a more backup role, I am somewhat ok with the signing... but the inevitable penalties are going to just piss everyone off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not many players are. Still doesn't mean he's not been a huge disappointment. While I might not hate him as much as most, because I do believe Sacks are overrated, Pressures do matter. Most Eagle fans wanted to move on because of the STUPID BONE HEADED game by game penalties DB has that either extends the drive, negates a TO or lead to an eventual TD instead of the punt.

He does this regularly. Like every single game type Stupidity.  Roughing the Passer, Jumping offsides, you name the inopportune timed penalty,  that's DB.

I think he tries to be that Dirty/Tone setter type of player on our defense, but the **** he does is just stupid. He's just doing too much. 

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

As a Jets fan I was hoping we landed him as an under the radar type of sleeper addition because once surrounded by more defensive talent. Which Philadelphia will do. I can easily picture him as an 8-10 sack type of player with a lot more QB pressures to boot. 

He's such a sleeper that nobody else wanted him and luckily enough for him our GM can't seem to move on from players he's drafted.

9 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He might not be a Pro Bowler or All-Pro or even an elite starter but by the time he's 30, as long as Philadelphia provides a strong Defense; the NFL will know who he is. 

Oh I'm sure the NFL already knows who he is. I'm sure every opposing coach has to have a talk with their offensive player - "You see 96 out there? Keep your head on, he'll cheap shot ya if he gets the chance". 

Fun fact - Derek Barnett has committed more penalties in his career then he has sacks.