Todd Bowles gets five year extension

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He helped win a SB for the team.  Also, with the current Flores situation, I'm confident the league has nudged clubs to not give out shorter contracts to minority coaches.  Good news for Bowles to get more money in his pocket.

That's the problem though. You don't hand out a long-term deal to a guy moving into a new position based on a past accolade he was part of. This should not have been more than a 3 year deal to start, regardless if he is minority or not.

We have to remember he was a terrible HC his 1st go around...

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

That's the problem though, you don't hand out guys moving into a new position for past accolades. This should not have been more than a 3 year deal to start, regardless if he is minority or not.

We have to remember he was a terrible HC his 1st go around...

Good chance if it goes badly, he'll be fired after 3 seasons.  So if the Glazers owe money to a fired HC, I have no issue.  We'll see if he has learned anything.  It could be argued a HC is only as good as his QB.  Not absolute, could be.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Good chance if it goes badly, he'll be fired after 3 seasons.  So if the Glazers owe money to a fired HC, I have no issue.  We'll see if he has learned anything.  It could be argued a HC is only as good as his QB.  Not absolute, could be.

That's true, the Glazers aren't the type of owners who will just sit back and ride the contract out if it goes poorly. At least there is solace in that.

I don't want myself to come off as I don't think Bowles is deserving of the job, as I believe either him or Lefty were the appropriate succession plans. Like you said, I just hope Bowles truly learned from his 1st go around.  

• Like 1

Bowles HC fine

Here's what I don't like:

By this point everyone knows I'm not that fond of Leftwich but we have Brady , so fine

We lost Caldwell to the Ravens who probably would have been the new DC

Foote & Rodgers imo are not ready to be DCs 

So essentially, we have a HC who's last gig didn't go well, a blah OC imo, and DC who wouldn't be a DC on any other team atm 

Coaching matters and without BA being as hands on as normally in the past, I just don't think our coaching is up to snuff

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Bowles HC fine

Here's what I don't like:

By this point everyone knows I'm not that fond of Leftwich but we have Brady , so fine

We lost Caldwell to the Ravens who probably would have been the new DC

Foote & Rodgers imo are not ready to be DCs 

So essentially, we have a HC who's last gig didn't go well, a blah OC imo, and DC who wouldn't be a DC on any other team atm 

Coaching matters and without BA being as hands on as normally in the past, I just don't think our coaching is up to snuff

The good thing is that BA will still be in the building and I'm sure these guy's can go to him if they need. The question is, will they though, or will they be too prideful. For their sake and ours, I hope they avoid the Steve Spagnoulo syndrome. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Looks like more 12 yard CB cushions... on 3rd and 5 🤣

Haha, Mike Smith is long gone, thankfully. Nothing like the days of watching Johnthan Banks and VH3 line up 5 yards deeper than the first down marker and wondering why they’ve gave up another first.

Bowles is the HC, but Brady will run the offense.  I'm old enough to remember when QBs called their own plays without an OC calling multiple plays thru a microphone. Leftwich will have responsibilty, but this will be a Brady offense even more this season.  The Bucs will give Brady whatever he wants and they are wise to do so.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Bowles is the HC, but Brady will run the offense.  I'm old enough to remember when QBs called their own plays without an OC calling multiple plays thru a microphone. Leftwich will have responsibilty, but this will be a Brady offense even more this season.  The Bucs will give Brady whatever he wants and they are wise to do so.  

Bowles basically said he wasn't gonna **** with the offense. He was gonna let Lefty make every decision. Which means Brady is gonna run the show.

• Like 1