Last Chance 2022 Mock - Discussion

dcat

40 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Probably goes higher in the real deal. 
His position is the only thing that makes it feel possibly controversial 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams take him with their 1st pick in the draft.

Don't think Riley Dixon is their answer to replace Hekker.

• Like 1

You guys are killing it.  Joshua Williams is the best small school player in this draft.  I picked in a different one.  He was so impressive on tape that looked like it came off and iPhone.

Right after this pick it's Romeo Doubs.  Carson Strong to Romeo Doubs this year was one of those great pairings you sometimes see between QB and WR.  I think he is going to surprise in the NFL.  Really great job from both of these GMs

2 hours ago, GOTA said:

You guys are killing it.  Joshua Williams is the best small school player in this draft.  I picked in a different one.  He was so impressive on tape that looked like it came off and iPhone.

Right after this pick it's Romeo Doubs.  Carson Strong to Romeo Doubs this year was one of those great pairings you sometimes see between QB and WR.  I think he is going to surprise in the NFL.  Really great job from both of these GMs

My accidental Athletic subscription is paying off.  Also doesn't hurt that people spend a lot of time pimping their favorite small school prospects on RSR.

• Like 1

Our last full day.  I figure tomorrow we could run until late afternoon.  Completion of 5 rounds is the minimum target and if we chug along today, we could get a little beyond before we close it up.

Next 14 picks:

Packers WNCRavensFan
Ravens GOTA
Rams Darin3
Titans Ortizer
Panthers Dcat
Falcons WNCRavensFan
Jets Dcat
Giants Hey Mangold
Bears JetWash
Panthers Dcat
Bears JetWash
Falcons WNCRavensFan
Seahawks Wpob
Seahawks Wpob

Since today is our last full day, we are going to roll with a stricter '1-hour' clock today. 

Packers pick due by 10:30am @WNCRavensFan

Also, we can start to do a "skipped pick", allowing the next GM to select and the missing GM can pick from the remaining pool when he finally comes back.  I think this could work best for our last 30 hrs. 

Edited by dcat

OK... made a decision.  We will do skipped picks if needed until the end of the draft tomorrow afternoon. 

If the clock is expired, the next GM makes his pick.  The missing GM can make a pick from the remaining pool whenever he shows up.

So, at 10:30 both @WNCRavensFan and @GOTA will be eligible to make a pick.

The Baltimore Ravens are essentially done since our next and last pick is 196 in 6th round.  

We addressed a bunch of needs by drafting 2 Edge, 2 Offensive lineman and 2 for the Secondary.  We also took a running back who can really contribute while the walking wounded from last year get back into playing shape.  

The crown jewel of course is one of my absolute favorites in this draft, Devin Lloyd.  Lloyd gives this new defense a crazy amount of flexibility and adds some playmaking ability that the Ravens haven't seen since Ray Lewis retired.

There are 2 positions left to be filled by the remaining 6th round pick.  A 3rd string TE and a rotational Defensive Lineman.  I honestly believe that if we drafted that far we would find someone to help with either of those holes.

Overall the Ravens are satisfied and were able to get most of their targeted players in the draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOTA said:

The Baltimore Ravens are essentially done since our next and last pick is 196 in 6th round.  

We addressed a bunch of needs by drafting 2 Edge, 2 Offensive lineman and 2 for the Secondary.  We also took a running back who can really contribute while the walking wounded from last year get back into playing shape.  

The crown jewel of course is one of my absolute favorites in this draft, Devin Lloyd.  Lloyd gives this new defense a crazy amount of flexibility and adds some playmaking ability that the Ravens haven't seen since Ray Lewis retired.

There are 2 positions left to be filled by the remaining 6th round pick.  A 3rd string TE and a rotational Defensive Lineman.  I honestly believe that if we drafted that far we would find someone to help with either of those holes.

Overall the Ravens are satisfied and were able to get most of their targeted players in the draft

Nice draft, it really is... one question about Ravens...  what's up at WR there?  Hollywood, Duvernay and Bateman?   You good with that?  

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

Nice draft, it really is... one question about Ravens...  what's up at WR there?  Hollywood, Duvernay and Bateman?   You good with that?  

They don't throw to them anyways. So yeah, Bateman, Hollywood and anyone is pretty much enough. 

Tylan Wallace still there developing too? I really liked him last year.

Edited by RTTRUTH

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

Yes.  They will add at vet after the draft but I'm fine with those 3 plus Mark Andrews who really is the Ravens best receiving option.  

Marquise and Bateman were both 1st round picks.  Marquise hit 1000 yards last year.  Bateman looked good despite missing camp and the first quarter of the season with a leg injury

Duvernay was a 3rd round pick 2 years ago.  Tylan Wallace was a 4th round pick last year.  Unless the Ravens want to use a 1st round pick on a WR I really don't see the point trying to replace these guys with someone drafted in the same area.  They should finally get a chance in the offense now that the vets who blocked them are all gone.  Let's see why they were drafted as high as they were.  They also have James Proche who they traded back into the 2020 draft to take in the 6th round.

Later they can add an Emmanuel Sanders or Will Fuller or maybe bring back Chris Moore who is a great special teams player.  That gets them to 6 receivers which is the most they ever carry.  

• Like 2