Last Chance 2022 Mock - Discussion

dcat

With pick 114, the Cincinatti Bengals select Alontae Taylor, CB Tennessee.  We believe he will be able to move inside to Safety at the next level, providing insurance against the impending free agency of both starters next seasons, as well as the potential to rotate in some this year.

222051_20181110___FB_Kentucky_CJ_1510_1.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, dcat said:

Yeah last year (2 yrs ago) we went up to Thursday afternoon 4 pm.  I'll keep this rolling thru then.  If you have to exit let us know and we will fill in.

We could probably go to Friday if we wanted to...doubt anyone at this point is going to be picked in the first round that is available.

2 hours ago, Ortizer said:

We could probably go to Friday if we wanted to...doubt anyone at this point is going to be picked in the first round that is available.

maybe.  But of course, when the real 1st rounds have trades we never thought of, that changes the rest of the draft a bit.  I think people lose interest once it starts for real.  Lets see how far we get by Wednesday and tallk then

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

4 min

Trade: Patriots dealt their fifth-round pick to the Texans for their sixth- and seventh-round picks, per sources.

@Heymangold
@202Belden

So none of this affects us up to this point...  I will alter the spreadsheet to reflect the trade above.  You sure the specifics are correct?

Edited by dcat

12 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Schefter said it is 170 for 183 and 245.

I just posted to see if the GMs here would like to do that

Generally, if a real NFL trade involving picks goes down during the mock draft, if we haven't reached that point in our draft, it gets changed to mirror the NFL.  The only exception is if any of those picks were already used in our mock trades, then no go..  we stick to what we have.

In this case, 170 is clean, but both 183 and 245 have been dealt to other teams in our mock, so IMO we should ignore this NFL trade for our purposes.  The teams that acquired 183 and 245 were Seahawks @Wpob and Steelers @New York Ham.  No reason they should lose those picks, again, IMO.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 3

Sorry about yesterday.  I got all tangled up for most of the afternoon and then @cortes02 missed his 2nd pick in a row.  Cleveland is now an ORPHAN so without a GM, if they come up, like Miami, whoever wants to should make a pick for them when they are up.

From this point on, I will run a much stricter clock and try to stay true to it. That means there might be more consensus picks. I'm less busy today. 

next 8 picks:  

Ravens GOTA
Giants Hey Mangold
Chiefs Mmclend
Colts RTTruth
Chargers Darin3
Broncos BowserBronco
Dolphins **ORPHAN**
Raiders Mmclend