Packerraymond's Final 2022 Mock

Packerraymond

Well we’re two weeks out, here’s my best prediction at a mock using the tendencies we’ve seen Gute
and his staff show us over their prior 4 drafts.

Round 1 (22): TRADE : Packers send picks #22 and #59 to NYJ for picks #35 and #38
- Feel like we’ll wish the Raiders picked somewhere from 17-20 on draft night as I could see
Olave, Williams, Penning and the remainder of the “tier 2’s” go off the board from 15-20 right in
front of us and we’ll be left with the fresh crop of tier 3’s all evenly graded. The Jets should want
to jump up to sure up their secondary and grab a CB or Hill here. We’ll take 2 stabs in the early
2nd .

Round 1 (28): Treylon Burks 6’2 225 WR (Age 22.10)
School: Arkansas

This pick will come down to Burks and Pickens IMO. Both have elite size for the position and are top of
the line athletes, both are younger prospects. The deciding factor IMO will be versatility, do the Packers
feel Burks can be an X/Z as well as a big slot ? If the answer is yes, I think you have to grade him higher, if
no, you take Pickens. I think Burks can play outside, he was clocked at 22+ MPH, he’s got ball skills, he’s
got length and strength. Real weakness right now I would say is polish to his route running, but you can
line him up anywhere and scheme him open while he works on that. LaFleur can look at how his buddy
uses Deebo and get a lot of idea with Burks, I think he could become a more versatile weapon than even
Davante was, probably not ever the pure receiver, but as a weapon itself may come close.

Round 2 (35): Perrion Winfrey 6’3.5 290 DL (Age 21.70)
School: Oklahoma

Listening to Jerry Montgomery is the driving factor for this pick. He recognizes that he probably has all
the run hogs he needs in Clark, Reed, Slaton and to an extent Lowry. However he probably really only
feels comfortable with Clark and hopefully Lowry in the rush packages. Lowry and Reed are FA’s next
year and a big season from either probably prices us out from them. It’s time to invest in a premium
player on the DL. Winfrey has explosion to go with competitive juice. He dominated the Senior Bowl and
might have gone higher than this if he didn’t tweak a hammy on run #1 at the Combine. He’ll fit in right
away as DL # 4/5 this year, do some rushing while getting acclimated to the pro game and eventually be
the cog next to Clark we’ve wanted for awhile.

Round 2 (38): Cameron Thomas 6’4 267 EDGE (Age 22.30)
School: San Diego State

We’ll see where Berry truly stands on EDGE players in this draft if we take one high. There’s some
heavier, more versatile guys like Thomas, Jackson and Paschal and then there are lighter EDGE only juice
guys like Mafe, Arnold E, and Bonitto who all could be round 2 or 3 picks. I think he’ll stick with what
works here and go for the power players who can set an edge and kick inside in rush packages. Thomas
was #2 in CFB in tackles for a DL and #2 is TFL, to go along with 12 sacks. He’s played 0T, 3T, 5T and 7T
and had varying degrees of success with them all. Came in sub 7 seconds in the 3 cone which is a big
predicator in pass rush success. Biggest concerns are lack of length (32 ¾” arms) and the fact that he
didn’t run a 40 in the entire cycle. Overall I think he has a chance to be a lot better than some of the
round 1 rushers.

Round 2 (53): Greg Dulcich 6’4 243 TE (Age 22.10)
School: UCLA

At #53 the Packers may have their choice of all the TE’s in the draft, my bet is Dulcich is #1 on their
board. I could see Jelani Woods here, but his age (almost 24) probably grades him more like a 3-4 round
pick on our board. Dulcich is a clone of Tonyan to me, perfect fit for stretching the seam, adequate as a
blocker with decent effort. TE is another position where next season we have next to no one under
contract, we’ve kicked cash down the road and if Tonyan comes out and has a nice year, he’ll most likely
be paid elsewhere. Dulcich should be a guy who can replace him then, while getting acclimated to the
offense this year.

Round 3: Nick Cross 6’0 212 S (Age 20.63)
School: Maryland

Safety is another position where next off-season will be rough. Both Amos and Savage will be up (if we
don’t exercise his 5 th year), my guess do to age is that we want to extend Savage and let Amos go, but
that will depend on performance. If Savage is the player he was post Vikings game last year, he’ll
probably be looking for a new home. I think he’ll build on the year he had in 2020 and the beginning of
’21 and earn an extension. Thus we look for more of a SS body. Cross is young, explosive and assignment
sound, a lot like young Amos. He’ll get a year to soak in the defense while being S #3 and a core ST
player, then gets his shot as the guy alongside Savage in ’23.

Round 4: Luke Goedeke 6’5 312 OG/RT (Age 23.40)
School: Central Michigan

Goedeke is a WI native who started as a DIII TE and then transferred out to CMU and converted to OL.
He’s a very fluid mover and has everything you like in an OT, except for his 32 ¼” arms. I think he can be
a Billy Turner type player and be an above average RT, but I think he could be even better at OG. Either
way outside of his age (which is far less important on day 3) he has everything you look for in a Packer
OL pick, college OT experience, versatility, above average agility drills.

Round 4: Matt Waletzko 6’7.5 312 OT (Age 22.40)
School: North Dakota

Think Waletzko is being slept on a bit by the national pundits and wouldn’t surprise me at all if he snuck
into pick 60-90 range on day 2 due to his tools. You’ve got 36” arms and plus agility drills to work with.
You can start him as LT from day 1 and hope the tools play. Like all long-limbed, smaller school guys,
Waletzko is a year or two in a pro weight room away from being able to be trusted as a starter, but
everything you want to see is there.

Round 5: Dane Belton 6’0 205 DB (Age 21.40)
School: Iowa

Hard not to see Micah Hyde when you watch Belton. Slot/S versatility, ST potential, ball production,
above average athlete. Not sure if Belton is a long-term slot or safety at the NFL level, but we have a use
for both. Think he’s a day 1 core ST player and a definite shot to be a long-term player in the
nickel/dime.

Round 7: Samari Toure 6’0 191 WR (Age 24.10)
School: Nebraska

Toure is a grad transfer from Montana. He produced there, he produced at Nebraska, he was good in
the college All-Star circuit, he ran 4.44 and went 6.77 in the cone. There’s some tools there to work with.
Bit older and needs to get much stronger, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Toure is a useful NFL player that
sees a 2nd contract.

Round 7: Devin Harper 6’0 234 ILB (Age 23.96)
School: Oklahoma State

Productive player in a major conference, went sub 4.5, 40+” and sub 7.00, got some tools to maybe
develop as a dime backer while he looks to make the team on ST.

Round 7: Sam Webb 6’0 204 CB (Age 23.95)
School: Missouri Western

Jumped a 42 ½” which might be the highest I’ve seen this draft class, has some ball production and
blocked 2 kicks this year on specials, seems like the kind of guy you want to wrap up in the late 7 th so you
don’t have to recruit him as a UDFA.

Post Draft Additions:
WR Sammy Watkins (1/8 with 1 void year and 4m of the 8 as NLTBE bonuses) This feels a lot like the Campbell signing, he's produced, but also struggled with health and consistency. Everything is on the table if he puts it together. Worked with both LaFleur and Vrabel in the past. 

WR Jalen Reagor (TRADE for 2023 conditional draft pick): Cobb is in his last year here, between Amari
or Reagor I feel like you have two smaller guys who packed on too much muscle to “ready” themselves
for the pro game. Hopefully one of them “gets” it and becomes the long-term slot/gadget player while
the other finds a home elsewhere. WR room entering camp : Watkins, Lazard, Burks, Cobb, Rodgers,
Reagor, Toure, Winfree, Blair, Gafford, UDFA’s

• Like 4

Oh man!!! I had been working on my masterpiece mock draft over the last few days and it was in essence this!!!
Trade back of the 22nd pick, I would have taken Pickens, but Thomas and Winfrey are my guys in the second round.

Conflicted now whether I should share my lifes work

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

This reminds me of a Ted Thompson type draft. I would feel somewhat disappointed with this draft; however, wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out just okay. 

Besides Cameron Thomas, I feel that majority of your early picks would have just average careers. 

Ted Thomspon was a wizard, so I take that as a compliment. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pitre's going top 40. I have him #31 on my board. I whole heartedly agree with this if he would be available at 53, I just don't see it. 

I'd also take Brisker there despite his age. It's Hall-Pitre-Brisker-Cross for me in terms of safeties after Hamilton. If I can't get one of those guys in the 2nd, then I'm good with Cross.