Packerraymond's Final 2022 Mock

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Ban this person

I found that picture of him, saw those eyes and before I knew it, like 5 minutes had passed.  A glorious, serenity filled 5 minutes.  Like grandma playing the piano, my girlfriend holding up beer while wearing lingerie, a midget riding a broom horse.  Aaaaaaahhhhh.

• Like 3

Just now, vegas492 said:

I found that picture of him, saw those eyes and before I knew it, like 5 minutes had passed.  A glorious, serenity filled 5 minutes.  Like grandma playing the piano, my girlfriend holding up beer while wearing lingerie, a midget riding a broom horse.  Aaaaaaahhhhh.

To quote Superbad, "it was like the first time I heard the Beatles."

• Like 1

Like this mock a lot.   Like Winfrey and think the he'll be targeted by the Pack.  Makes sense.  As with just about every mock I've ever seen you might hit on one or two players.  Like the trade down think we'd target Pierce with one of those picks.  Think Burks slides?  Maybe.  Would love to nab Hill at #28 then Pierce and Winfree with those high 2nd rounders. 

Well this is totally wrong, we didn't sign Watkins after the draft so let's just throw it out.

But in seriousness, I do see this as a more and more likely outcome of trading down from at least one of our first rounders. I like, but don't love Burks at 28 (I, like Norm, just kind of have something I can't place about not wanting him. Maybe prospect fatigue? Or the fact that I think he fits best as a "better Lazard" in the future and I want a more polished route runner immediately?). But Winfrey/Thomas combo would make me very happy.

Little early for a TE for me since I don't see what separates GD from guys who could be had a round later, but I could be wrong. I'm also assuming McBride was off the board in this scenario. Cross and Waletzko are some of my favorite draft prospects for the mid rounds. And I too think Toure will be a Packer.

Great job overall!

11 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Burks hunts wild boars with a knife. Apparently it's his favorite pastime. 

Hopefully, Burks hunts down touchdown bombs too!  Maybe it's just coincidental, but I too have that "something" feeling that makes me wary of Trevon Burks as a wideout for the Pack, especially in Round One. I'd love to be wrong, but I think it's fair to say he's not the "deep speed" guy that LaFleur has said he needs. Maybe there is an uncomfortable sense that Burks just is a tad slow and rounds off his cuts too much? Rodgers won't like that! Then again, Sterling Sharpe wasn't a speed merchant, and Davonte Adams didn't get open by just flying by cornerbacks. If we do take Burks, there are still some "go deep" guys later in the draft who could help compensate.