Becton elects not to show up

dcat

17 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It is because JD has considered taking Trevor Penning in top 10 which we are heavily barking at.

We have no idea who JD is considering and a voluntary minicamp isnt going to be a deciding factor in any draft choice at any position.  If Zach Wilson was having his first kid soon and he decided not to attend, it wouldnt cause them to consider a QB at 4 or 10

I don’t get the Becton defense. His motivation was an issue before heading into the draft. He had a great rookie year but the injury bug started early and often with him. Year 2 he was getting torched in camp by Carl and started having weird interactions with the coaching staff. There is a bit of smoke for having a disgruntled player on our hands and I don’t think Conor is wrong to point out his motivations. We need Wilson protected and he’s is a key part of that plan. If he can’t be counted on we need a better solution. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

I don’t get the Becton defense. His motivation was an issue before heading into the draft. He had a great rookie year but the injury bug started early and often with him. Year 2 he was getting torched in camp by Carl and started having weird interactions with the coaching staff. There is a bit of smoke for having a disgruntled player on our hands and I don’t think Conor is wrong to point out his motivations. We need Wilson protected and he’s is a key part of that plan. If he can’t be counted on we need a better solution. 

What is difficult to understand about a guy staying at home with his heavily pregnant partner instead of going to voluntary workouts?! 

Like I get if some people don’t agree which is fine but it’s not exactly a stretch to think some people can understand his positioning here. 

3 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

What is difficult to understand about a guy staying at home with his heavily pregnant partner instead of going to voluntary workouts?! 

Like I get if some people don’t agree which is fine but it’s not exactly a stretch to think some people can understand his positioning here. 

It's not necessarily him skipping this voluntary work out. His motivation was an issue back when he was healthy in TC last year and we need a guy that can be depended on to protect the QB. The questions around Fant and his future contract and Becton and his ability to just be there shouldn't discount a T at 4 or 10.  

7 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

It's not necessarily him skipping this voluntary work out. His motivation was an issue back when he was healthy in TC last year and we need a guy that can be depended on to protect the QB. The questions around Fant and his future contract and Becton and his ability to just be there shouldn't discount a T at 4 or 10.  

I’m not necessarily against going T early if we really like Neal or Ikem (if KT is gone that is!) 

Mekhi absolute needs to have a good season but he’s got all the talent in the world and let’s be real he’s a cornerstone type player IF HEALTHY.

So right now with this story coming out its just another way of labelling him lazy, not interested etc when in actual fact that’s a load of ****. He’s working out like someone wanting to shut people up and training with a OL guru. He’s doing everything you’d want him to do.

Just handling his business at home like a man. Can’t throw shade on him for doing that. 

14 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I’m not necessarily against going T early if we really like Neal or Ikem (if KT is gone that is!) 

Mekhi absolute needs to have a good season but he’s got all the talent in the world and let’s be real he’s a cornerstone type player IF HEALTHY.

So right now with this story coming out its just another way of labelling him lazy, not interested etc when in actual fact that’s a load of ****. He’s working out like someone wanting to shut people up and training with a OL guru. He’s doing everything you’d want him to do.

Just handling his business at home like a man. Can’t throw shade on him for doing that. 

I’ll gladly be proven otherwise… Just not optimistic.

2 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

I’ll gladly be proven otherwise… Just not optimistic.

If Hughes had mentioned that Becton elected to this skip voluntary OTA because he wants to remain with his pregnant girlfriend who is due within a couple of weeks, would you have been as miffed?  I ask this only because media hacks love to elicit emotions by telling half truths.  Tempers rise and they get talked about.  It is like a drug to them.

I am not this biggest fan of Becton just yet.  His nagging injuries his rookie season made me sour on him  If he can't be on the field, he is useless to us.  But, that does not mean he can't overcome that if he works hard to condition himself to better withstand those nagging injuries.  Then last years two month injury that turned into a season ending injury annoyed me as well.  But, again, who misinformed the fans?  The whole point is that we do not know the whole story.  If Mekhi had not played so well when he did play, I would be banging the table for an OT at 4 or 10.  We'll see what the Jets brass thinks on Thursday.  If they choose OT in round 1, then I guess all the negative stuff surrounding Mekhi is true since I expect JD and Saleh to know the truth.  If they pass on OT in round 1, then perhaps they are good with Becton.

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

If Hughes had mentioned that Becton elected to this skip voluntary OTA because he wants to remain with his pregnant girlfriend who is due within a couple of weeks, would you have been as miffed?  I ask this only because media hacks love to elicit emotions by telling half truths.  Tempers rise and they get talked about.  It is like a drug to them.

I am not this biggest fan of Becton just yet.  His nagging injuries his rookie season made me sour on him  If he can't be on the field, he is useless to us.  But, that does not mean he can't overcome that if he works hard to condition himself to better withstand those nagging injuries.  Then last years two month injury that turned into a season ending injury annoyed me as well.  But, again, who misinformed the fans?  The whole point is that we do not know the whole story.  If Mekhi had not played so well when he did play, I would be banging the table for an OT at 4 or 10.  We'll see what the Jets brass thinks on Thursday.  If they choose OT in round 1, then I guess all the negative stuff surrounding Mekhi is true since I expect JD and Saleh to know the truth.  If they pass on OT in round 1, then perhaps they are good with Becton.

It is definitely a different context, but within that same context he would have/did mention McGovern. It's no one's place to say but McGovern, in a similar situation, is eventually joining the team. Guys that want to be there are finding ways, I just think some trust with the team needs to be regained and Becton should be fighting to regain that trust.

We need Becton to be all the way in if we’re gonna get our EDGE and WR at 4/10 like most of this fan base wants. 

I like Ickey and Neal and Cross and Penning but I’m perfectly fine with Fant and a healthy/motivated Becton. 

If I’m Douglas I’d call every team and say if you’re gonna draft Penning I’ll give you Becton for that pick lol. Two birds.