2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Stingley was a classic victim of prospect fatigue. Dude was UNREAL good as a freshman, and we've seen a lot of these LSU guys show it early and trail off. 

Add on the mess that was that defensive coaching staff and his Lisfranc injury.  He was a top 3 prospect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Stingley is good enough to go that high. Would've 100% taken either KT or one of Cross, Neal or Ikey.

I have a feeling you're gonna be right and he's gonna be over-hyped.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

NYJ could go a few ways.  Could go Thibodeaux, Sauce, or their top OT

Reports have them lukewarm on Thibs.  And the recent reports have Becton on the outside looking in from a future perspective.  Grab Ikey and if Becton figures it out, you've got a pretty damn good OL with him Becton, Fant, Ikey, and AVT.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I do.  Dealing with that awful Lisfranc injury and the whole defensive coaching staff was a mess.  If he played like he did his freshman year the last two years, he'd be the consensus #1 prospect.

I don't **** with Lisfranc injuries and the reality is he wasn't great the last 2 seasons he played. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't **** with Lisfranc injuries and the reality is he wasn't great the last 2 seasons he played. 

Have to imagine he was probably one of the most prodded prospects from an injury perspective.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Reports have them lukewarm on Thibs.  And the recent reports have Becton on the outside looking in from a future perspective.  Grab Ikey and if Becton figures it out, you've got a pretty damn good OL with him Becton, Fant, Ikey, and AVT.

you certainly keep up much more on the trail of teams interest in players.   

Just now, CWood21 said:

Have to imagine he was probably one of the most prodded prospects from an injury perspective.

He probably came out clean for the process but those types of injuries are too damn easy to reaggravate. I don't trust it. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

He probably came out clean for the process but those types of injuries are too damn easy to reaggravate. I don't trust it. 

That's fair.  I honestly don't recall any recent players dealing with them.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

you certainly keep up much more on the trail of teams interest in players.   

Honestly just have fun listening to the rumors for what they are.  Always interested to see how much the rumors actually line up to reality.

• Like 2