2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just for the fun of it I wondered if there was any other player in the draft who could be the next Deebo.

Burks and Watson were obvious names but there was one who I never thought to consider: Erik Ezukanma.

Athletically he's remarkably similar to Burks, whilst Burks weighed 225 Ezukanma was stll one of the heavier WR at 210. They were all used in rushing plays Burks (112 yds), Watson (114 yds) and Ezukanma (138 yds).

I feel Velus Jones could be a potential candidate despite not being used much as a rusher. He has a stocky build and is a fast and fluid runner.

If the Packers want a Deebo type then we should be all over Christian Watson.

What on earth do Watson and Deebo have in common? Deebo is built like a RB. Watson is built like MVS. They are nothing alike as players. 

I feel like today we go primarily offense but Gute could have another idea. There are still some good WR available: Pickens, Moore, Watson, Tolbert, Metchie, etc. All of the TE are available, maybe we grab one today? I could see us going offensive line.

On defense if a safety like Pitre or Brisker are available at 53 you have to strongly consider them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Cam Thomas
Drake Jackson
David Ojabo
Arnold Ebiketie
Josh Paschal
Boye Mafe
Myjai Sanders
Sam Williams
Alex Wright
Logan Hall

Have a feeling one of those guys will be a Packer after tonight. 

I would absolutely LOVE it if we get Ojabo.  We have the luxury of being able to let him recover before he needs to see the field a ton.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What on earth do Watson and Deebo have in common? Deebo is built like a RB. Watson is built like MVS. They are nothing alike as players. 

We have a WR that is built like a RB.  Amari Rodgers is nearly identical to Aaron Jones height/weight. 

Also, let's not pretend that Deebo was some RB in college.  He had 25 carries in his 4 years at South Carolina.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deebo-samuel-1.html

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would absolutely LOVE it if we get Ojabo.  We have the luxury of being able to let him recover before he needs to see the field a ton.  

Cam Thomas is my guy. Think everyone's figured that out by now lol.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I feel like today we go primarily offense but Gute could have another idea. There are still some good WR available: Pickens, Moore, Watson, Tolbert, Metchie, etc. All of the TE are available, maybe we grab one today? I could see us going offensive line.

On defense if a safety like Pitre or Brisker are available at 53 you have to strongly consider them.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Cam Thomas
Drake Jackson
David Ojabo
Arnold Ebiketie
Josh Paschal
Boye Mafe
Myjai Sanders
Sam Williams
Alex Wright
Logan Hall

Have a feeling one of those guys will be a Packer after tonight. 

A Safety and one of those Edge would take us from best defense in the league to best defense ever.

14 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Doubt it. 8 teams already filled WR needs (Titans created and filled a need all in the same day). How many more do you think add to the position between picks 33 and 52 of the draft? I think we see all 4 QBs left go this round, and all the edge rushers and linebackers and D-linemen and defensive backs that are now good value in the round...the top running backs and the top ranked o-linemen...I think it's likely we see a legit option for an impact rookie WR at 53.

You can probably eliminate the teams that either trade or drafted a receiver yesterday, so that means you can probably eliminate Falcons (Drake London), NY Jets (Garrett Wilson), Saints (Chris Olave), Lions (Jameson Williams), Commanders (Jahan Dotson), Titans (Treylon Burks), Eagles (A.J. Brown), and Cardinals (Marquise Brown).  

Going down the list, that would leave Tampa Bay (33), Minnesota (34), NY Giants (36), Houston (37), Chicago (39/48), Seattle (40/41), Indianapolis (42), Cleveland (44), Baltimore (45), Kansas City (50), and Pittsburgh (52) as potential spots for a WR.  Tampa Bay probably isn't needing a WR after paying Chris Godwin.  Minnesota probably doesn't go WR either given their needs.  Giants could go WR, but probably won't unless they're flipping Toney for a Day 2 pick.  Houston has a need, but they also have needs elsewhere.  I could see them going RB there.  Chicago definitely has a need, and I'd imagine that at least one of their picks are on a WR.  Thinking defense first and then WR at 48.  Seattle doesn't seem like a team that's poised to take a WR.  Indianapolis probably needs a WR, but they probably won't.  Don't really see Cleveland going WR, but wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to give Watson more weapons.  Even though I think Baltimore needs another body at WR, I don't think they're overly fond on going WR.  Kansas City probably has a need at WR.  Don't think Pittsburgh goes WR.  I'd imagine we're going to see at least 3-4 WRs go off the board in that range though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I can't fight you too much on that.  I like Ojabo and Drake Jackson a little more.  And I am still bullish on Mafe being a solid contributor.  

Hard to be mad at any of those guys.

Firstly, for a vested interest that I have only slept for two hours and feel like wank, I would like the Packers to trade up to the 40th pick by sending Seattle 53 + 92, this should give us access to either Pickens, Pierce or Watson. Only teams I see as serious WR takers currently is Houston at 37 and Bears at 39. OR screw it and trade up and grab one of the better edge guys still around. I don't care, trade up Packers so I can go to sleep!!!!

We should be able to add an Edge rusher today, unless we trade pick(s) to move up maybe for a different position.  Pretty deep there yet.  Glad we did not go WR in Rd 1, now I'm focused on it.  Drop rates for the prospects is lost to me, easy to find the other numbers but that one escapes me.  I think we'll have the chance to take one today, trade or not.