2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If he didn't want to wait, would he have explored trading up?  Probably not.

It was probably for Cine, not a WR. If he didn't want to wait, he would've made the trade up happen. I thought you were done trying to project what Gute's trying to do lmao

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Even worse if he becomes a Bear.

Yup.
Jameson is in Detroit and will be stretching our defense twice a year.
It would be fitting (in an aggravating sorta way) for Pickens to become a Bear.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's WR, my man. These dudes can be found anywhere in the draft. If TyQuan Thornton had better QB play (Shapen and Bohannon are absolutely terrible throwers of the football), he's probably more well thought of. He's a hands catcher, has legitimate body control and is a home run threat every time he touches it. The only issue I can think of with him is production (already accounted for with the QB play) and route running. He needs seasoning but he's got potential. 

And that's just one of the guys were talking about here. I think Gute knows this.

Yup.  I get enamored with Pickens/Watson/Pierce.  But there are like 15 other guys that are just oh-so similar.

We will draft a WR or two.  They will have some great physical traits.  

If you listed to Gute's presser about Wyatt, the person is as important as the player.  We will find the physical tools with the right person and be ready to roll.

It was probably for Cine, not a WR. If he didn't want to wait, he would've made the trade up happen. I thought you were done trying to project what Gute's trying to do lmao

I'm not projecting, I'm asking.  I don't think Gute ever seriously considered moving up the board for a WR.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yup.  I get enamored with Pickens/Watson/Pierce.  But there are like 15 other guys that are just oh-so similar.

We will draft a WR or two.  They will have some great physical traits.  

If you listed to Gute's presser about Wyatt, the person is as important as the player.  We will find the physical tools with the right person and be ready to roll.

If we go get one of them, I won't complain whatsoever. I just think the play is to let the board fall as it does and take the talent where it presents itself. Trust the plan and stick to it. If the plan is to make a play for Pickens, Watson, Pierce? There you go. If not, it's a win-win play either way IMO. Use the class strengths to your advantage and let the other teams make the panic moves.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't Gute already say he was trying to trade, but couldn't find anything that worked?

I'm sure he's been on the phones all week but it's gotta fit to complete it.    

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's WR, my man. These dudes can be found anywhere in the draft. If TyQuan Thornton had better QB play (Shapen and Bohannon are absolutely terrible throwers of the football), he's probably more well thought of. He's a hands catcher, has legitimate body control and is a home run threat every time he touches it. The only issue I can think of with him is production (already accounted for with the QB play) and route running. He needs seasoning but he's got potential. 

And that's just one of the guys were talking about here. I think Gute knows this.

I value the talent WR's can bring more than others apparently. To some, they're a dime a dozen.
Funny how they dont all play the same though. I've gotta figure out that equation. Get a clear understanding on reality cause it can be vexing at times.

I saw, researched and commented about TyQuan some weeks back. I'm aware of what he brings and as WR2 this draft  I'd be all in.

If we go get one of them, I won't complain whatsoever. I just think the play is to let the board fall as it does and take the talent where it presents itself. Trust the plan and stick to it. If the plan is to make a play for Pickens, Watson, Pierce? There you go. If not, it's a win-win play either way IMO. Use the class strengths to your advantage and let the other teams make the panic moves.

We've held our wad this long.

It is time, time, time for RELEASE!!!

share GIFs, Clips,

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This is where I'm at. I might be reading the tea leaves wrong, but it was interesting that they put off the 5th year option on Savage until after the first round. If they make the deal for pick 32, is it Cine? And now is the 5th year option exercised? We will probably never know the real story.   

Fare thee well everyone.

I'm heading north to open up the cabin.  Thought I'd spoil my wife and let her pee into a toilet again.  I know, I spoil her.

Hoping I'll be there just in time to catch our pick, after we trade up for our WR!

Enjoyed talking with everyone today.  Fun day.  Go Pack Go!

• Like 3