2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

30 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Calling people that wont accept less than winning entitled is a loser mentality. Accepting failure and treating it as success is seemingly a childish coping mechanism.

Gute has been extremely over rated on this board. He inherited a good team and hasn't won anything.   

He inherited a stale team (by TT's own admission) that was allowed to falter when Ted's health was failing him. Swifter action for avoiding this probably lays at the feet of Mark Murphy and the board, but that's ancient past now. If you don't see the strides that the defense has made in extremely short order, I can't help you. If you think Rodgers isn't being paid to do more than he has been doing in the playoffs, I can't help ya either. 2nd-4th round pass catchers (which is what he will be getting before this draft is over) should be more than enough for the MVP, GOAT "candidate" to get by. After all, that's why he is paid $50 million dollars a year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VicPez said:

Not accepting anything less than winning is all well and good if you're a coach, an athlete, a leader, a competitor, or a hard worker -- this is a bedrock skill that will carry you through life if you can apply it to a context where it matters.

Sitting on the couch, rooting for a football team, and expressing an opinion on the outcome of sports is not a situation where a "winning" or "losing" mentality manifests. 

Correct, as a fan the ideal is to enjoy every step of the journey and if a title come in the end that is awesome.  

30 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Calling people that wont accept less than winning entitled is a loser mentality. Accepting failure and treating it as success is seemingly a childish coping mechanism.

Gute has been extremely over rated on this board. He inherited a good team and hasn't won anything.   

Nah man he didn't inherit a good team.  We were a dumpster fire in 2018.  He turned around the team quick and has had us in contention for the last 3 years.   Between his numerous hits on draft picks and FA signings he's done a hell of a job. 

Personally think Gute is better than Wolf or TT.  He's the best GM I've ever seen in GB in all my time watching the Packers.  Only one team wins the Superbowl every year.  It's damn hard.  You need health and a little bit of luck.  Dude you should have been around in the 70's and 80's.  

• Like 1

I would 100% love getting TyQuan Thornton. He's a home run threat and has extremely quick afterburners. You get him in space and he's a threat to house it every time. Would much, much rather trade up from 92 to secure him than trading up using 92 or standing pat to get another WR, even if it's Pickens, Watson or Pierce. I like the value elsewhere for 53 and 59.

Edited by beekay414

38 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I am pretty sure my take away from this comment is far different than what was intended.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I would 100% love getting TyQuan Thornton. He's a home run threat and has extremely quick afterburners. You get him in space and he's a threat to house it every time. Would much, much rather trade up from 92 to secure him than trading up using 92 or standing pat to get another WR, even if it's Pickens, Watson or Pierce. I like the value elsewhere for 53 and 59.

So you've gone from "Pickens could be WR1 this draft if not for......" to "Meh. Nothing to see here"
Interesting.

20 picks to go off the board before GB selects at 53

Players that could be taken

QB:  Willis, Ridder, Corral, Howell  (4)
RB:  Hall, Walker  (2)
WR:  Pickens, Moore, Watson, Pierce (4)
OT: Petit-Frere, Raimann, Lucas (3)
IOL:  Jurgens, Rhyan (2)
TE: McBride, Dulcich (2)
IDL: Jones, Winfrey, Leal, Mathis (4)
EDGE: Hall, Thomas, Ojabo, Ebiketie, Mafe, Enagbare, Paschal (7)
LB:  Dean, Muma, Harris (3)
CB:  Booth, McCreary, Gordon, Woolen (4)
S:  Brisker, Cross, Melton (3)

Just now, Leader said:

I'm gonna hang on to the remnant of the dream....till it's crushed.....some 4-5 hours from now.

I just think the talent on the board at WR is still ridiculously deep. Don't feel there's a need to go up and get one when you can sit back and take one where you're at.