2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

18 minutes ago, R T said:

That's just it, somebody is going to claim it was a need no matter what position they took. This time yesterday there were people that thought one or more of WR, OL, TE, DL, EDGE, S was their 'needs', so a percentage of people can claim in their minds that any pick that was used was a 'need' pick. Some of those people are looking to book emergency therapy sessions today.  

DL was need to me in the same way that S is.  We don't need them right now, but taking a high pick there is a good investment for the team both short and long term.  I probably carry more water for Dean Lowry than anyone here.  But there is very little chance that I am re-signing him unless the cap number is significantly lower.  After that we have some lottery tickets behind Clark.  

Now, I don't have a clue to need on the ILB.  I don't think there was any need to even add one to the roster, but they did.  Shows what I know. 

Move the third and a 5'th if you have to.  Get way up there and choose the WR.  Be it Pickens, Watson or Pierce or whomever.

But then we do need to draft an edge with one of those second round picks.  

Gimme WR, EDGE and let the rest of the draft happen.  It will be glorious.

• Like 1

Let's talk the important stuff. First round fashion.

Hated the red stripe suit. Hated the half and half checker thing suit. Hated the Nigerian flag suit but loved the thought.

LOVED JJII's suit and wish I could pull something like that off. Loved how clean Sauce (minus the crazy bling) and Jameson Williams suits looked. Actually have a hot pink suit exactly like Williams' for a hipster wedding coming up in a couple months and I'm even more stoked to rock it now.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Who would they would be targeting if that's the case? I'm thinking Drake Jackson.

There are a lot of EDGE guys left.  Just a lot of them.  Trade up for the WR, stay put and take the Edge.

That happens and I'll be really, really hung over tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes. yes!  Yes!  Go 5-for-5 on our picks, I can feel it!!!

There feel like too much irony that Adams was selected with the 53rd pick and the Packers received the 53rd pick that the 53rd pick isn't used to draft a WR. That is what I'm pulling for.😀 

• Like 1

They picked up Savage’s fifth…I don’t know if they will go high on S now.

I can see a day 3 guy but I can’t see a 2nd or 3rd. 

Im hoping for Pickens, Pierce, Watson, Tolbert or Doubs at WR. And I really would love Ruckert in the 3rd if they don’t use that to trade up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

I really don't want us to part ways with that 3rd round pick but I would be willing to sacrifice a 4th rounder in a smaller trade up scenario as we have another one we can use.

That was my feeling coming into the draft.  Try to keep 5 picks between days 1 and 2, and maybe don't move further than what a 4th can boost you with.  

But yeah, I'm fine with whatever Gute does and I trust that any trade he makes will have good logic.  *IF* he were to use the 3rd to trade up, I'd immediately be fired up, because that would only apply for a player that he REALLY values.  He'd not do that unless he thinks the guy's value really stands out.  So, I admit that would be pretty fun *if* it hypothetically happened.  

But yeah, there are going to be a bunch of potentially valuable possibilities still available come round 3.  We're so overdue to hit on a 3rd rounder, I kinda hope we get to take another shot at it tonight.  

We need an OL in a big way. The Packers have spent alot of time bringing in OL in for a visit.  There must be fully intending to draft one. Lucas and Walker I suspect are 3rd/4th round picks. Bear in mind a trade up scenario for a WR in round 2 will make it harder for us to land one of the OT. It will also make it harder for us to double dip at WR if we wanted to.

I'm thinking we will be content letting the board fall to us unless our hands is forced.

Before Adams was traded and MVS hit free agency we all agreed we needed a WR.

Now Adams and MVS are gone and on paper it appears we need 3 WRs.  We didn't bring in a viable FA WR so we got a lot of work to do.

We have to at the very least double dip at WR in this year's draft.