Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

That would be worth 2 pts.  You all gonna be crying in your beer when my punter is drafted in the 7th for the W 

Honestly, all my picks for today can realistically happen.

But PR seems to be on the McBride wagon. I think we make a move to get him.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Honestly, all my picks for today can realistically happen.

But PR seems to be on the McBride wagon. I think we make a move to get him.

The whole McBride push makes me question whether Gronk is returning.  McBride is TE1, but is he that much better then the rest of the class?  I trust Licht.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The whole McBride push makes me question whether Gronk is returning.  McBride is TE1, but is he that much better then the rest of the class?  I trust Licht.

That's the thing to me. I think McBride is the #1 TE in this class, but he's not head/shoulders above the others IMO. This is one of the TE classes I can remember that most of the guys aren't really that far off from each other. 

So is it worth putting all your eggs in one basket, or letting the board play out and getting a little less value at the position, but maybe making up for that in another spot. 

Tough call given the massive hole we have. If we knew Gronk was back, it'd make this a lot easier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I mean. He already takes a chunk of the cap with his dead money. We'd have to figure out how to get him the $8-10M he's gonna want without further wrecking our future cap space. All while hoping he actually wants to come back.

• Like 1

Gronk definitley coming back after camp. Pretty sure Suh will too.

My ideal world would be trade down a few spots and still get Hall. But if thats off the table:

Hall at 33 then package a Day 3 pick with 60 to move up to get a DB - Booth / Gordon / MccReary (obviosuly different compensation for each).

Jags 4th is almost likea late 3rd.. But use our 3rd and two 4ths on an RB, TE and WR - trade the other Day 3 picks as needed to manuever the board to get the right guys.

Walking out of this with Logan Hall, Kyler Gordon, Spiller, Jelani Woods, Tolbert - would add a lot of nice depth to the oragnization

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

yeah, McBride is the best TE but not by a significant margin 

if we do pick McBride that'll be a decent amount of leverage in contract talks with Gronk

• Like 1