Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

bucsfan333

35 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

Well to be fair both Godwin and AB were hurt and Evans was banged up, Scotty was also hurt so we were stuck with Johnson Darden and Grayson, which isn’t good. But getting gage and Keeping perriman helps out a lot. If we can stay healthy is a big question mark. Just don’t see who would be cut if we get a WR in the 4th 

Well Godwin may not be ready this year and still questionable to see if he comes back the same player in 2022 or in 2023. 

Gage is still an unknown who put up solid production in Atlanta last year but I'm not 100% sold hes a quality 2 in that period of time or hes a legit threat at 3. 

Scotty Miller - you're right he got hurt in 2021 and when healthy he regressed from 2020. Johnson took a step back last year and Perriman is still a bit limited. Dardon is a question mark. His speed and ceiling can be a quality 3/4 WR and weapon but let's see if he progresses/develops. I feel like some regression to Johnson and Miller last year made me question if we should bring in another guy to push. I wouldn't give Miller/Dardon/Johnson/Perrimen a comfortable ride to a roster spot. 

But i also want to see Byron tweak the offense to a hybrid West Coast scheme to get some of his speedsters open in space. 

Targets in Round 7 if they're still there: 

- WR Justin Ross : why not ? Injury history - not a bad risk 

- DE Tyrell Johnson: surprised he hasnt gone yet; i'll take him easily 

- DT Haskell Garett : even with Suh potentially resigning - why not build more depth to the DL with youth? 

- TE Jalen Wydermyer : Even with Gronk returning ; which isnt exactly set in stone; we still only have 3 guys on the roster without Gronk and 1 of them isn't a lock to be a roster option next year in McElroy. So bring in competition. Want to run the ball - 4 TE's are probably necessary to the roster. 

- OL Andrew Stueber : you need a swing OL to play all 5 positions; he's done it at Michigan. 

- LB Ellis Brooks: Bc it wouldnt be a Jason Licht draft without taking a LB for special teams/depth on day 3. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Targets in Round 7 if they're still there: 

- WR Justin Ross : why not ? Injury history - not a bad risk 

- DE Tyrell Johnson: surprised he hasnt gone yet; i'll take him easily 

- DT Haskell Garett : even with Suh potentially resigning - why not build more depth to the DL with youth? 

- TE Jalen Wydermyer : Even with Gronk returning ; which isnt exactly set in stone; we still only have 3 guys on the roster without Gronk and 1 of them isn't a lock to be a roster option next year in McElroy. So bring in competition. Want to run the ball - 4 TE's are probably necessary to the roster. 

- OL Andrew Stueber : you need a swing OL to play all 5 positions; he's done it at Michigan. 

- LB Ellis Brooks: Bc it wouldnt be a Jason Licht draft without taking a LB for special teams/depth on day 3. 

I also like

...Carson Strong maybe ? 😉 end the Griffen era lol

Josh Jobe

Rasheed walker

Dohnavan West

Tariq castro fields

Smoke Monday 

Connor Heyward

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

With the additions of White, Goedeke, and Otton looks like next year bucs are trying establish a much better run game. All of those 3 young players will aid with that when they are on the field.

So while Godwin may not be 100% I like the commitment to alter the offensive philosophy. Brady never had a consistent run game here so attempting to help in that area may help on Sundays. 

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This dude will be a fan favorite and I am very confident he will make the roster.  When they now go 13 personnel. no more Wells when you have this dude.

With Kieft and Goedeke added to an already talented O-Line, the Bucs will be crushing people up front. I love the blockers we draft. We seem to find them every year. 

• Like 2

Barring a minor miracle, Bradley Pinion's career as a Buc is over.  I wish him the best and continued good health, but he is finished.  How he kept a job the last 2 seasons was not because of performance.  For me, this draft will be remembered as the Jake Camarda draft and will put a smile on my face. 

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1