2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

We dont really even know what our secondary is, between the injuries last year (how many diff safeties did we start, atleast 6, and most were off the street) and lack of pass rush, hard to gauge what the ability level really is

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

I'm already on record saying that I want KT. I'm not pounding the drum for us to draft Sauce because I do agree, I'm just saying he's a really good prospect, and to say he wouldn't be a starter here is wild. Most teams base package is nickel D anyway, so that at worst is suggesting that MCII is better than Sauce. And he's definitely not.

Of course he’s a good prospect I don’t think any of us are disputing it. We’re simply looking at the function of the defense and how to make it perform the best of its abilities and adding a corner over a pass rusher no matter how talented doesn’t get us where we need to go. This style of defense is only as good as the pass rush. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

You have Lawson coming back and you can grab an edge guy at 10 if KT and Hutch off the board. 

Relying on a guy with 2 prior ACLs and an achilles tear??? There is a good chance KT and JJ are gone by 10. There are later round corners who better fit the scheme. Taylor-Britt, Castro-Fields, Taylor, Evans

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We literally had no pass rush. Are y’all listening or just refusing to acknowledge the point any of us are trying to make?

Also judging only the Corners on our passing yards against average is hilarious.

If you look back even when the Jets had a pass rush they still completed the pass because those windows are so wide open. I guess it is the way you look at a D. I think with Lawson back we have a much better pass rush but that will not solve your CB problems at all. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Of course he’s a good prospect I don’t think any of us are disputing it. We’re simply looking at the function of the defense and how to make it perform the best of its abilities and adding a corner over a pass rusher no matter how talented doesn’t get us where we need to go. This style of defense is only as good as the pass rush. 

It's foolish to think that we can't/won't potentially address pass rush with a pick other than #4. We could just as well get a boost to our pass rush from JJ, Karlaftis, Mafe, Ebiketie, etc. Like I said, I'm with you and I want KT. I think he's the best player in this draft and is getting picked apart because analysts need to write about something as a flaw. But pass rush isn't our only need, and I'd be expecting us to potentially address pass rush in a different way, perhaps interior rush from a guy like Perrion Winfrey who showed us shades of Fletcher Cox at the Senior Bowl. He's been in all my mocks at 35. 

Edited by jetjuice

6 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Still did nothing when lined up across Sauce. He did all his damage away from him.

Listen no one here is saying Sauce is trash. It’s just that CB isn’t a need. And to use a top 4 pick on a non premium position, position we don’t need, and a guy that will have to fight for playing time… isn’t smart. And would have me calling JD an idiot after a good draft last year.

1 minute ago, Abe56 said:

I just dont know how you do a trade of that magnitude and not have a long term deal worked out.  Seems far fetched, but who knows, whole draft seems whacky right now 

It’s not happening. Too many hurdles. How do we trade for him on the clock without a physical being done? What if he fails the physical? SF would’ve already made the pick. Can’t trade the pick next year bc it certainly won’t be the 10th pick is my guess.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Listen no one here is saying Sauce is trash. It’s just that CB isn’t a need. And to use a top 4 pick on a non premium position, position we don’t need, and a guy that will have to fight for playing time… isn’t smart. And would have me calling JD an idiot after a good draft last year.

CB is absolutely still a need and you should stop speaking in absolutes because you're going to wind up with egg on your face again. CB in today's NFL is absolutely a premium position. Did Denzel Ward not just join the $100M club? It's becoming more of a passing league which means you need tools to neutralize advanced passing. That means both CB and DE, but the quick passing game is the counter to pass rush, meaning you need strong cover CB's. Sauce is that.

Any pass rusher, WR, or OT is gonna have to fight for playing time too...

9 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

It's foolish to think that we can't/won't potentially address pass rush with a pick other than #4. We could just as well get a boost to our pass rush from JJ, Karlaftis, Mafe, Ebiketie, etc. Like I said, I'm with you and I want KT. I think he's the best player in this draft and is getting picked apart because analysts need to write about something as a flaw. But pass rush isn't our only need, and I'd be expecting us to potentially address pass rush in a different way, perhaps interior rush from a guy like Perrion Winfrey who showed us shades of Fletcher Cox at the Senior Bowl. He's been in all my mocks at 35. 

It’s foolish? We can’t operate under the assumption that guys will be available later in the draft. 

“Be a little slow, be a little late. Just once. And you ain’t never gon be slow, never be late. You can’t plan for no s*** like this”

56 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Which has exactly been JDs plan all along!  Make everyone think KT isn't even in our plans and then BAM - KT at 4 (at least that's what im telling myself until 8pm tonight)

That's what chess playing GM's do.  JD plays tri-dimensional chess.  Therefore, its make everyone think KT isn't in our plans which some will believe the opposite (chess) but JD really does not have him in our plans because he is picking someone no else saw coming.

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s foolish? We can’t operate under the assumption that guys will be available later in the draft. 

“Be a little slow, be a little late. Just once. And you ain’t never gon be slow, never be late. You can’t plan for no s*** like this”

Yes, it's foolish to think that we will only address pass rusher at 4 when we have three other picks in the top 40.

Just now, xrade said:

That's what chess playing GM's do.  JD plays tri-dimensional chess.  Therefore, its make everyone think KT isn't in our plans which some will believe the opposite (chess) but JD really does not have him in our plans because he is picking someone no else saw coming.

This is what I'm thinking, he had to walk back Peter Schrager's comments that our meeting went extremely well (excited little Jets fan couldn't contain himself lol). It makes no sense why we wouldn't take KT if he falls right into our laps.