Week 10 GDT - Saints @ Bills, 1pm EST on FOX

whodatworm23

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Ill defend Mayfield's fit in Paytons scheme to the end. Lol

And I'll continue to say that he's too emotional of a player and I'm worried that it could cause issues with him if he end up not having the same level of success he's used to.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

And I'll continue to say that he's too emotional of a player and I'm worried that it could cause issues with him if he end up not having the same level of success he's used to.

Its a concern of mine all be it a small concern... I hear what your saying but his qualties far outweigh his negitives IMO.

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Its a concern of mine all be it a small concern... I hear what your saying but his qualties far outweigh his negitives IMO.

Just too many examples of emotional QBs that looked like they could be studs in the NFL that end up having long stretches of bad play that can even cause them to leave the NFL.  Manziel, Young, Newton, etc.

Just now, Raves said:

Just too many examples of emotional QBs that looked like they could be studs in the NFL that end up having long stretches of bad play that can even cause them to leave the NFL.  Manziel, Young, Newton, etc.

Yet none of those guys had this kids accuracy and touch.

Also, yes Mayfield is emotional but most of it is either before or after the play, pre or post game... For the most part on the field hes pretty cool and calm play by play.

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I honestly feel kinda bad. I'd way rather be demoralizing the Falcons or Panthers like this right now lol. 

Same.

I just hope we can keep our streak alive next week against Washington. They're very underrated.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

How is Mayfield at reading defenses? Pre and post snap reads? Sorry I don't follow college football.

Hard to decifer running the spread the way he does but thats basicallg all college qbs these days hiwever he does consistantly display the ability to follow through hus progressions on all 3 levels and he throwns with anticipation, accuarcy and touch. I think people will be shocked at how high hes drafted.

6 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I honestly feel kinda bad. I'd way rather be demoralizing the Falcons or Panthers like this right now lol. 

I was watching this game at a local sports bar with a buddy of mine who's a Bills fan.

I didn't feel bad when he left in the third qtr ?????

3 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Hard to decifer running the spread the way he does but thats basicallg all college qbs these days hiwever he does consistantly display the ability to follow through hus progressions on all 3 levels and he throwns with anticipation, accuarcy and touch. I think people will be shocked at how high hes drafted.

Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate yours (and others Raves for e.g.) draft insight.

Do you think he surprises and starts year one or sits behind an experienced QB for a year or two?

Archived