Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Grant Calcaterra. Interesting.

If he didn't have the concussions he would be drafted higher than this, but he does have those concussions and retired from football before, so that's why he's still available at this point.

Yeah I thought he was a later 3rd / 4th guy til I saw the concussion stuff.

don’t love that, but this late you can get  good investment if it’s a non-issue

Just now, Kiltman said:

Yeah I thought he was a later 3rd / 4th guy til I saw the concussion stuff.

don’t love that

Guess he retired from football was going to become a fireman, changed his mind went back to School.

Lewis Riddick seemed to like him?

I'll take this as a positive if for nothing else, it possibly gets JJAW out of the building.  👍

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Guess he retired from football was going to become a fireman, changed his mind went back to School.

Lewis Riddick seemed to like him?

I'll take this as a positive if for nothing else, it possibly gets JJAW out of the building.  👍

Yeah totally worth a gamble at this point 

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Howie usually gives me one USC guy during the draft.

Keaontay Ingram here please Howie.

Damn... just looked at the draft tracker and saw Ingram went to the Cardinals after we took Calcaterra. 

Would've rather had Ingram for sure, but not gonna throw a fit about a mid 6th round pick.

If you told me we wouldn't draft a defensive back I would have been calling for Howie's head, but I really like this class and I'd have to guess that the Eagles have some more faith in some of the other DBs on the team who haven't got to play. I also expect after the draft for us to sign a vet at safety and maybe corner as well.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If you told me we wouldn't draft a defensive back I would have been calling for Howie's head, but I really like this class and I'd have to guess that the Eagles have some more faith in some of the other DBs on the team who haven't got to play. I also expect after the draft for us to sign a vet at safety and maybe corner as well.

It’s weird because we have the depth, especially at corner. So after a certain point it was “why bother”

That said hope they load up in UDFA’s see if they can find a gem to earn a roster spot.

Just now, Kiltman said:

It’s weird because we have the depth, especially at corner. So after a certain point it was “why bother”

Yeah, I mean I did want Zyon McCollum in the 5th instead of trading back though. I thought with his athleticism and at that point in the draft he was worth taking a shot on and could end up being a pretty nice steal in the long run. I would've rather had him than Kyron Johnson and Grant Calcaterra. I could be dead wrong in 2-3 years, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

Kingsley Enagbare in the 5th would've been nice as well to add a true DE.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That said hope they load up in UDFA’s see if they can find a gem to earn a roster spot.

You know. Something I was just thinking about that I was about to post before you said this was the fact that our draft class went from 11 picks down to just 5 selections it means we have a lot more room to add UDFAs. Like you said hopefully we get one of the better DBs and RBs left after the draft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

so like. No draft picks in the secondary, and no early free agents. Howie, I hope you got a plan.

They must like McPhearson and Gowan as outside corners more than we realize and I also think we are gonna sign one of Gannon’s old vet corners in Waynes or Rhodes to a cheap 1 year deal like we did with Steven Nelson.